Cutting

NatiReds084

Last summer me and my friends were in line for Firehawk and it was a fairly long line then we saw a kid and his girlfriend completely cut everyone in line and got on the Firehawk within 5 or 10 minutes. They basically walked straight up to the station and no one really did anything and we were all mad haha. Anyway... have you ever been cut at Kings Island and how much did they cut?

Line jumping is not a sporting event at Kings Island. If you see someone line jump and are near a ride op, tell them about it. They can kick the people out of line, and if need be, security can come.

Kings Island defines line jumping as "cutting in front of other guests who are already in line, saving a place in line for someone, or leaving a line and attempting to re-enter at the same point. Since this includes reasons such as using the restroom or purchasing food or drink, we suggest you make all stops before you enter the line. Any guest who line jumps, regardless of the reason may be asked to: Go to the end of line in question; leave the ride entirely; or leave the park with no refund given." The above is verbatim from the park map.

Line jumping is not a sporting event at Kings Island.

Doesnt it say that in the park map? Lol.

I always see people cut in the Crypt... lots and lots of people. I even report it and the ride OP will say "Okay, well handle it" yet do nothing. And this isnt line jumping but is similar. Last season me & Gnarkiller were at Boomerang Bay one day... as we were getting line for Bondi Pipeline we saw a lady in a wheel chair roll over to the stairs... get off and walk all the way up to the top, go down, and walk back to her wheel chair.

And hard as it may be to believe, you`d be amazed how many people line jump at Coney, where the lines are usually short. I`ve witnessed this multiple times at Coney, where the offenders are usually teens or preteens. But I`ve witnessed a few adults do it as well. Particularly at the Rock O Planes last year. And they would cut in line right in front of my own eyes when I was looking at them and try and deny they just cut in line.

Yeah, so I've been to the park three times this season, and I've been cut in front of twice already! The first time I was in line to get my souvenier cup filled with ice water in Nick U. I stood there for five minutes while this dumb woman couldn't decide what she wanted! Then when she finally ordered, the worker moved over to the other cash register, and then asked who was next...this dumb guy went right on up and placed his order!!!!?!??!?!?! I was so mad! I just left...I was already running late for the Dora and Boots show.

The second time was just this past friday. Of course it was math and science day, so teenagers that are totally wrapped up on themselves and their cell phones cut in front of me and my husband in line for Top Gun...or I mean Flight Deck. They had to get up in line with their friends. Then when they got up to the front of the line, they all got out, and left the line anyway! Idiots!

Last summer me and my friends were in line for Firehawk and it was a fairly long line then we saw a kid and his girlfriend completely cut everyone in line and got on the Firehawk within 5 or 10 minutes. They basically walked straight up to the station and no one really did anything and we were all mad haha. Anyway... have you ever been cut at Kings Island and how much did they cut?

Yeah, the design of Firehawk's queue breads line jumping. Last year I was next to get let into the station when a couple people hopped the line in plain view and walked right into the station. The employee told us to hold put while he/she walked up to the people and proceeded to remove them from the line. I suggested that the employee take the height measuring stick to beat them but you can't win them all :P

Does it get on anyone else's nerves when the people in Wheelchairs just have to ride in the front seat!?!?!!? If I'm ever in a wheelchair, and I dont' have to wait in line for a rollercoaster, I am not going to ride in the front seat. I will go to the middle. I would feel guilty doing that. Also, CoastersRZ, you know everything...is it right that a person in a wheelchair gets to take like 5 other people with them on the ride? Meaning, the other five get to cut in line with the person in the wheelchair? I mean, I can understand the person's ride partner, but the whole dang party? Part of me doesn't think that is entirely fair. Of course they all have to ride in the first and second seats too...and usually it's when I'm the next one in line!

When I went to Fearfest 06, line jumping was horrible. I was in line for that headless horsemen haunted maze and atleast 15 teens cut into the line. The quality of that maze just added insult to injury. That maze sucked.

It's sickening when people get wheelchairs just to get to the front of the line. It's almost like they're mocking someone's disability or using their disability to their advantage.

While in the past there has been a lot of abuse of the disability policy, I can tell you that this year it has greatly improved. Having personally taken someone around the park who has a disability and is wheel chair bound, I learned first hand how the system has greatly improved. First off, you can no longer just go up to the exit of a ride and hop on, you first must visit guest relations and receive an Attractions Boarding Pass. There at Guest Relations, my friend notified them of his physical limitations and they helped him consult on what would be recommended for him to ride and what wouldn't, then you receive your Attractions Boarding Pass. This pass allows you to go up the exit of a ride, however, once you get there you must present the pass to a ride attendant. If the line is under a half an hour they will let the person with the pass and one additional rider (until this year it was three additional riders) board the ride. If the line is over a half an hour they will write you a time on your pass, stamp it, and you are free to come back at that time (Note: you can not have any other active times written on your pass when you go to get a new time, in essence: you can only wait in one line at a time). Now if you have more than 2 people in your group, you can have your group wait in line while the person with the pass and one other wait at the exit, then just notify the ride operators and they will help you all get paired together, thus everyone waits an equal time.

I was really impressed with how the system was executed this year.

It's sickening when people get wheelchairs just to get to the front of the line. It's almost like they're mocking someone's disability or using their disability to their advantage.

While in the past there has been a lot of abuse of the disability policy, I can tell you that this year it has greatly improved. Having personally taken someone around the park who has a disability and is wheel chair bound, I learned first hand how the system has greatly improved. First off, you can no longer just go up to the exit of a ride and hop on, you first must visit guest relations and receive an Attractions Boarding Pass. There at Guest Relations, my friend notified them of his physical limitations and they helped him consult on what would be recommended for him to ride and what wouldn't, then you receive your Attractions Boarding Pass. This pass allows you to go up the exit of a ride, however, once you get there you must present the pass to a ride attendant. If the line is under a half an hour they will let the person with the pass and one additional rider (until this year it was three additional riders) board the ride. If the line is over a half an hour they will write you a time on your pass, stamp it, and you are free to come back at that time (Note: you can not have any other active times written on your pass when you go to get a new time, in essence: you can only wait in one line at a time). Now if you have more than 2 people in your group, you can have your group wait in line while the person with the pass and one other wait at the exit, then just notify the ride operators and they will help you all get paired together, thus everyone waits an equal time.

Consulting? That is a dangerous position for the park to place itself in. If the person in guest relations does not have some type of medical training; the park is just asking for problems there.

That's pretty cool. I'm glad there's a system of checks and balances. It seems rather well thought out. It's also probably a good thing that they cut down on the number of accompanying riders. That helps to cut down the incentive for working the system.

It used to be that if a guest complained to an employee about a line jumper there would need to be another party to confirm that this happened. 99.9% of the time someone from the group right behind the origional complaint would confirm the line jump and we would take action.

Makes sense to me to keep people from falsely accusing people of line jumping.

My wife was wheel chair bound for 4 months after foot surgery..when we went to Top Gun we were told they would stamp that paper and we could come back..which we told them never mind...who wants to make two trips clear back there. Maybe if they had an employee at the entrance of the queue.

Does it get on anyone else's nerves when the people in Wheelchairs just have to ride in the front seat!?!?!!? If I'm ever in a wheelchair, and I dont' have to wait in line for a rollercoaster, I am not going to ride in the front seat. I will go to the middle. I would feel guilty doing that. Also, CoastersRZ, you know everything...is it right that a person in a wheelchair gets to take like 5 other people with them on the ride? Meaning, the other five get to cut in line with the person in the wheelchair? I mean, I can understand the person's ride partner, but the whole dang party? Part of me doesn't think that is entirely fair. Of course they all have to ride in the first and second seats too...and usually it's when I'm the next one in line!

So people who are wheel chair bound are not allowed to ride in the front seat of the car? WOW...be thankful you have the ability to walk or even stand in line. What a shallow butthead you must be that you can't wait for ONE MORE CAR.

Two weekends ago, I was in line for FOF and I was in the back Corner of the building where you first walk in and a guy behind us just walked past people saying excuse me to people until he was almost to the stairs... I was so mad, but what made me even madder was when he came back and got his friends and did the same thing again!!! My husband wanted to say something but I didnt want a fight to get started. Its very annoying when that happens, but these guys were just arrogant!

My wife was wheel chair bound for 4 months after foot surgery..when we went to Top Gun we were told they would stamp that paper and we could come back..which we told them never mind...who wants to make two trips clear back there. Maybe if they had an employee at the entrance of the queue.

For rides with long lines (not waiting time, but physically long) like WWC and Flight Deck this would be a great help. Who wants to walk that distance four times?

I hate it when anyone in a wheel chair or disability cuts in line, they will beg to be treated like a normal person yet they get to cut people in line. Its just like when girls want to be treated equal and than they hit you, if you hit them back they will reply saying "you cant hit me, im a girl!" How is that equal?

I hate it when anyone in a wheel chair or disability cuts in line, they will beg to be treated like a normal person yet they get to cut people in line. Its just like when girls want to be treated equal and than they hit you, if you hit them back they will reply saying "you cant hit me, im a girl!" How is that equal?

I'm not sure that I even know where to begin?

Do you really feel that way or is this just sarcasim?

Disabled are able to go up the exits for a variety of reasons. For some it is difficult or impossible to go through the que lines. For some it's difficult or imposible for them to stand, walk or be confined for long periods of time.

There are so many different reasons that it's difficult or impossible for some disabled that your comment is not only insensitive but ignorant.

And being that I'm not sure that I know what a "normal person" is, I think the issue is that Everyone is owed and deserves respect.

I'm not sure that I even know where to begin?

Do you really feel that way or is this just sarcasim?

Disabled are able to go up the exits for a variety of reasons. For some it is difficult or impossible to go through the que lines. For some it's difficult or imposible for them to stand, walk or be confined for long periods of time.

There are so many different reasons that it's difficult or impossible for some disabled that your comment is not only insensitive but ignorant.

And being that I'm not sure that I know what a "normal person" is, I think the issue is that Everyone is owed and deserves respect.

Yes, i was being serious. I know its bad, but i dont like most handicapped people... almost every handicapped person ive met is usually mean to me. Ill try to help them and they will tell me " i dont need any help, i should be treated just like you!" The only nice handicapped person ive met would be my grandma. Yes, sometimes they shouldn't have to wait in lines, but other times they just over use their opportunities.

It used to be that if a guest complained to an employee about a line jumper there would need to be another party to confirm that this happened. 99.9% of the time someone from the group right behind the origional complaint would confirm the line jump and we would take action.

Makes sense to me to keep people from falsely accusing people of line jumping.

I have never seen a employee do anything after I told them their was a line jumper. How do you not see 18 people jump the line on The Racer with the employee stand in about the same area.

I've seen lots of line jumping already this year. In my opinion the park needs to crack down more on this problem. I would love to see them start using cameras and have security at the ride exits, pulling these idiots aside as they leave the rides and saying "Excuse, me sir/maam, but you need to come with me....." Then giving them a one way ticket to the parking lot.

darn right..... they ABSOLUTELY need to file 13 the "ride operator may ask you to go to the end of the line" and replace it with "ride operator WILL notify security or other Official to remove you from the park immediately with no refund or chance for re-entry". If they need cameras and CCTV monitors to do it... so be it. I paid $150 bucks a piece for 2 Platinum Passes as did a lot of you Im sure and I figure if I/we are going to give CF that kind of dough they should good and well do everything in their power to take a pro-active step against this garbage. To a group of know-it-all 12-16y/o kids, the risk of getting caught and sent to the back of the line (BFD) is worth the risk. Losing out on the cash for the ticket... or shall I say Mommy and Daddys cash when they have to go to Guest Relations and have them paged to leave the park... isnt worth it.

I've seen lots of line jumping already this year. In my opinion the park needs to crack down more on this problem. I would love to see them start using cameras and have security at the ride exits, pulling these idiots aside as they leave the rides and saying "Excuse, me sir/maam, but you need to come with me....." Then giving them a one way ticket to the parking lot.

I seen a few jumpers myself this year. More so far this year then all of last year for me.

So people who are wheel chair bound are not allowed to ride in the front seat of the car? WOW...be thankful you have the ability to walk or even stand in line. What a shallow butthead you must be that you can't wait for ONE MORE CAR.

Yes, I do not believe that a person in a wheelchair should be allowed to ride in the front seat, or the back seat either for that matter. Everyone knows the front and back seats of the roller coasters are the most popular. Therefore, someone who gets to "cut" in line shouldn't be allowed to cut in the lines that are the longest and most popular. When people wait in line for the front/back seat, it can easily be an extra 10-15 minute wait...it isn't fair to make them wait for"one more car." As for your comment about me being a shallow butthead, I am a pediatrician...and I've never met a children's doctor who is shallow. I don't actually practice because currently I'm a stay-at-home mom, because my husband is also a doctor, and I feel like my kids come first above my career FYI.