Cutting

NatiReds084

Does it get on anyone else's nerves when the people in Wheelchairs just have to ride in the front seat!?!?!!? If I'm ever in a wheelchair, and I dont' have to wait in line for a rollercoaster, I am not going to ride in the front seat. I will go to the middle. I would feel guilty doing that. Also, CoastersRZ, you know everything...is it right that a person in a wheelchair gets to take like 5 other people with them on the ride? Meaning, the other five get to cut in line with the person in the wheelchair? I mean, I can understand the person's ride partner, but the whole dang party? Part of me doesn't think that is entirely fair. Of course they all have to ride in the first and second seats too...and usually it's when I'm the next one in line!

So people who are wheel chair bound are not allowed to ride in the front seat of the car? WOW...be thankful you have the ability to walk or even stand in line. What a shallow butthead you must be that you can't wait for ONE MORE CAR.

Yes, I do not believe that a person in a wheelchair should be allowed to ride in the front seat, or the back seat either for that matter. Everyone knows the front and back seats of the roller coasters are the most popular. Therefore, someone who gets to "cut" in line shouldn't be allowed to cut in the lines that are the longest and most popular. When people wait in line for the front/back seat, it can easily be an extra 10-15 minute wait...it isn't fair to make them wait for"one more car." As for your comment about me being a shallow butthead, I am a pediatrician...and I've never met a children's doctor who is shallow. I don't actually practice because currently I'm a stay-at-home mom, because my husband is also a doctor, and I feel like my kids come first above my career FYI.

I would suggest reading the whole topic, disabled guests wait just as long the guests in the usual queue line. They don't get to "cut." There is a difference between a line jumper and someone with a disability/Attractions Boarding Pass.

It's sickening when people get wheelchairs just to get to the front of the line. It's almost like they're mocking someone's disability or using their disability to their advantage.

While in the past there has been a lot of abuse of the disability policy, I can tell you that this year it has greatly improved. Having personally taken someone around the park who has a disability and is wheel chair bound, I learned first hand how the system has greatly improved. First off, you can no longer just go up to the exit of a ride and hop on, you first must visit guest relations and receive an Attractions Boarding Pass. There at Guest Relations, my friend notified them of his physical limitations and they helped him consult on what would be recommended for him to ride and what wouldn't, then you receive your Attractions Boarding Pass. This pass allows you to go up the exit of a ride, however, once you get there you must present the pass to a ride attendant. If the line is under a half an hour they will let the person with the pass and one additional rider (until this year it was three additional riders) board the ride. If the line is over a half an hour they will write you a time on your pass, stamp it, and you are free to come back at that time (Note: you can not have any other active times written on your pass when you go to get a new time, in essence: you can only wait in one line at a time). Now if you have more than 2 people in your group, you can have your group wait in line while the person with the pass and one other wait at the exit, then just notify the ride operators and they will help you all get paired together, thus everyone waits an equal time.

I was really impressed with how the system was executed this year.

My wife was wheel chair bound for 4 months after foot surgery..when we went to Top Gun we were told they would stamp that paper and we could come back..which we told them never mind...who wants to make two trips clear back there. Maybe if they had an employee at the entrance of the queue.

Or maybe you could have planned ahead, and you know, just sent one person with the pass to go get it stamped as is something indicated on the sheets.. You were probably too busy creating other user names and ripping cigarettes out of peoples hands though.

Guest TombraiderTy

Back on the subject of line jumping...

I find the best way to deal with line-cutters is by saying: "Excuse me sir/ma'am, the entrance to the waiting line is over there. You must've missed it." They feel stupid, wear a blank look, and often say a meaningless thanks and either walk away or to the entrance (talking about intentinoal line-cutters, of course, not accidental)

And if they ignore you or don't move? Then it's time to notify the employee :D

Guest TombraiderTy
Too bad, you are missing out on one of the world's best parks...but many of the guests there don't cotton too kindly to being told by other guests how to behave. Then again, security in that park is VERY pro-active, especially as to line cutters, smokers and unruly patrons.

Well, if you look at my statement, notice I'm not telling them to get to the entrance or that they missed it. I'm addressing them in a polite way and I'm suggesting that they must've missed it. It's often good to add that it's sometimes hard to see, such as "The entrance to the line (or the end of the line) is over there. You must've missed it- the park does a terrible job with their waiting lines/entrances." I'm also blaming the park, something which is probably false. However, I'm not blaming or accusing the guests of anything.

It's sickening when people get wheelchairs just to get to the front of the line. It's almost like they're mocking someone's disability or using their disability to their advantage.

While in the past there has been a lot of abuse of the disability policy, I can tell you that this year it has greatly improved. Having personally taken someone around the park who has a disability and is wheel chair bound, I learned first hand how the system has greatly improved. First off, you can no longer just go up to the exit of a ride and hop on, you first must visit guest relations and receive an Attractions Boarding Pass. There at Guest Relations, my friend notified them of his physical limitations and they helped him consult on what would be recommended for him to ride and what wouldn't, then you receive your Attractions Boarding Pass. This pass allows you to go up the exit of a ride, however, once you get there you must present the pass to a ride attendant. If the line is under a half an hour they will let the person with the pass and one additional rider (until this year it was three additional riders) board the ride. If the line is over a half an hour they will write you a time on your pass, stamp it, and you are free to come back at that time (Note: you can not have any other active times written on your pass when you go to get a new time, in essence: you can only wait in one line at a time). Now if you have more than 2 people in your group, you can have your group wait in line while the person with the pass and one other wait at the exit, then just notify the ride operators and they will help you all get paired together, thus everyone waits an equal time.

My wife was wheel chair bound for 4 months after foot surgery..when we went to Top Gun we were told they would stamp that paper and we could come back..which we told them never mind...who wants to make two trips clear back there. Maybe if they had an employee at the entrance of the queue.

Or maybe you could have planned ahead, and you know, just sent one person with the pass to go get it stamped as is something indicated on the sheets.. You were probably too busy creating other user names and ripping cigarettes out of peoples hands though.

Mmmkay..someone needs to lay off the cough syrup :blink:

Dealing with line jumpers is the job of park security, not the ride attendants. There is a high potential for a violent situation to develop if confronting a line jumper. That is why there should be security in the busy line queues. By security I am talking police officers. At CP, you usually see big, burly police officers patrolling the busy queues like MF. This seems to cut down on line jumping significantly.

And to those of you who are complaining about the handicapped being able to get to the front of the line: Shame on you!!! You should thank your lucky stars that you have two good legs that allow you to stand in line.

Dealing with line jumpers is the job of park security, not the ride attendants. There is a high potential for a violent situation to develop if confronting a line jumper.

Actually, the ride operators are trained how to deal with the situation and how to contact security when neccesary. Same goes for CP, even when Kings Island was Paramount, CP and KI had the "two party complaint" policy.

That is why there should be security in the busy line queues. By security I am talking police officers. At CP, you usually see big, burly police officers patrolling the busy queues like MF. This seems to cut down on line jumping significantly.

I have never seen a security guard patrol a queue line at CP, however at both CP and KI I do see security routinely go up to the stations of rides to check on things and converse with the ride attendants.

And to those of you who are complaining about the handicapped being able to get to the front of the line: Shame on you!!! You should thank your lucky stars that you have two good legs that allow you to stand in line.

Maybe read over the whole topic, guests with a disability do not get to "cut," they wait just as long to ride as everyone else.

Mmmkay..someone needs to lay off the cough syrup :blink:

Actually, he has a point. Instead of treking all the way back to the rides exit, you could have just sent one member of your party to get a time stamp which is recommended and indicated in print on the attractions boarding passes. I have to do this all the time for The Beast with my disabled friend. The rest of his statement was referring to how you are just the member "deerhunter" under a different name.

Guest kwindshawne
I've seen lots of line jumping already this year. In my opinion the park needs to crack down more on this problem. I would love to see them start using cameras and have security at the ride exits, pulling these idiots aside as they leave the rides and saying "Excuse, me sir/maam, but you need to come with me....." Then giving them a one way ticket to the parking lot.

So would I-I agree it is becoming a major problem. A few weeks of that I guarantee it would stop-word would get around.

And that is EXACTLY how that problem is handled at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. It's amazing how much less line cutting (and smoking in non-designated areas) there is now in that park compared to in the past. Meanwhile, I now routinely see line cutting at Kings Island, when I rarely ever saw it in seasons past. Don't blame security or ride ops, people..., blame top management. That which they decide will be done almost always is done, that which they consider not important doesn't, as the necessary resources and people are committed to other priorities. Apparently the honchos consider pricing integrity of greater importance than line integrity and guest experience integrity.

I have never seen a employee do anything after I told them their was a line jumper. How do you not see 18 people jump the line on The Racer with the employee stand in about the same area.

Unfortunately we live in a world where people falsely accuse others without knowing the entire story which is why the "two party complaint" rule is in place.

I have never seen a employee do anything after I told them their was a line jumper. How do you not see 18 people jump the line on The Racer with the employee stand in about the same area.

I can assure you Vortex that some of us do enforce this policy. I've already kicked out four people this season in just two weeks of working. Though i will say alot of employees are scared to enforce this policy because it sucks to deal with it but i always tell people if it gets bad just call security and they can haul them off in cuffs. :D

Just two years ago, during Fearfest, my wife and I were in line to ride The Beast at the end of the night. We were both worn out and were waiting for the front seat, which is typically long. Just as we were about to board, a man in a wheelchair was waiting at the exit side to get a ride in the front seat. The attendant came up to us and asked if the gentleman could get on instead of us. Sure, I was tired and kind of aggravated, but I just don't have the heart to say no. He was extremely grateful and in fact thanked us once he was seated.

Dealing with line jumpers is the job of park security, not the ride attendants. There is a high potential for a violent situation to develop if confronting a line jumper.

Actually, the ride operators are trained how to deal with the situation and how to contact security when neccesary. Same goes for CP, even when Kings Island was Paramount, CP and KI had the "two party complaint" policy.

That is why there should be security in the busy line queues. By security I am talking police officers. At CP, you usually see big, burly police officers patrolling the busy queues like MF. This seems to cut down on line jumping significantly.

I have never seen a security guard patrol a queue line at CP, however at both CP and KI I do see security routinely go up to the stations of rides to check on things and converse with the ride attendants.

Maybe read over the whole topic, guests with a disability do not get to "cut," they wait just as long to ride as everyone else.

Indeed I have read the entire topic of this discussion. While there may be valid points about abuse of the disability policy, the personal attacks against the disabled I have read about are still entirely inappropriate. For those of you who are being just tongue and cheek or sarcastic, I doubt you would find your jokes funny if you were the one in the wheel chair.

Amen. I would also like to point out that many persons with a legitimate and difficult disability may appear not to be disabled to the average viewer. Not every disability is apparent. Many can manage to walk twenty feet, say, but not fifty yards, much less all day. There are many different forms of disability, and not all are apparent to others.

Last summer me and my friends were in line for Firehawk and it was a fairly long line then we saw a kid and his girlfriend completely cut everyone in line and got on the Firehawk within 5 or 10 minutes. They basically walked straight up to the station and no one really did anything and we were all mad haha. Anyway... have you ever been cut at Kings Island and how much did they cut?

Last Friday some people (at least 4-5) walked past everyone in the Firehawk line (over 100 people waiting by the way) they walked practically right up to the loading area. The people in front of me were livid, and kept complaining to the ride operaters and a bunch of us backed-up her complaint. They boarded Firehawk and then were told to get right back off.

We all have to wait in line. It might not be fun, but I'll never understand why people think that they can just walk on a ride because they don't feel like waiting.

The metal turn styles were put there FOR A REASON!

Makes me wonder if these people sneak into the park too?

In all of the years I have been to KI this was the first time I saw line jumpers get kicked off of a ride.

I can assure you Vortex that some of us do enforce this policy. I've already kicked out four people this season in just two weeks of working. Though i will say alot of employees are scared to enforce this policy because it sucks to deal with it but i always tell people if it gets bad just call security and they can haul them off in cuffs. :D

Good for you crazypkikid!!!!!!!!!! Bravo!

Last summer me and my friends were in line for Firehawk and it was a fairly long line then we saw a kid and his girlfriend completely cut everyone in line and got on the Firehawk within 5 or 10 minutes. They basically walked straight up to the station and no one really did anything and we were all mad haha. Anyway... have you ever been cut at Kings Island and how much did they cut?

Last Friday some people (at least 4-5) walked past everyone in the Firehawk line (over 100 people waiting by the way) they walked practically right up to the loading area. The people in front of me were livid, and kept complaining to the ride operaters and a bunch of us backed-up her complaint. They boarded Firehawk and then were told to get right back off.

We all have to wait in line. It might not be fun, but I'll never understand why people think that they can just walk on a ride because they don't feel like waiting.

In all of the years I have been to KI this was the first time I saw line jumpers get kicked off of a ride.

You know, it really makes you feel like there is justice in the world when a cutter gets taken care of.

The other day in line for Firehawk, my friends and I had been waiting about a half hour and were in the middle of the que savannah when some guy and his girlfriend climbed right under the rail and cut the people directly behind us. The people they cut got really close to them to make an uncomfortable situation. The guy had an airbrushed shirt that said "Soulja Boy" if that helps to show his mentality.

That actually reminds me of waiting in line for Halo 3. We had waited for six hours and were at the front of the line. The line ended up wrapping around the mall before they let us in at 12. This guy walks up to the opposite set of doors as the line and just hangs by the door. This was around 11-11:30. He ends up getting in right behind us when the doors opened and the stampede rushed Gamestop. There was nearly a fight. Everyone in line behind me was hassling the guy. Well, long story short, nothing happened and he remained there and we all got our game and I ended up being the first to get the Legendary Edition. So all in all it was a good night.

Wow I drifted off topic.

You know, it really makes you feel like there is justice in the world when a cutter gets taken care of.

The other day in line for Firehawk, my friends and I had been waiting about a half hour and were in the middle of the que savannah when some guy and his girlfriend climbed right under the rail and cut the people directly behind us. The people they cut got really close to them to make an uncomfortable situation. The guy had an airbrushed shirt that said "Soulja Boy" if that helps to show his mentality.

That actually reminds me of waiting in line for Halo 3. We had waited for six hours and were at the front of the line. The line ended up wrapping around the mall before they let us in at 12. This guy walks up to the opposite set of doors as the line and just hangs by the door. This was around 11-11:30. He ends up getting in right behind us when the doors opened and the stampede rushed Gamestop. There was nearly a fight. Everyone in line behind me was hassling the guy. Well, long story short, nothing happened and he remained there and we all got our game and I ended up being the first to get the Legendary Edition. So all in all it was a good night.

Wow I drifted off topic.

That's O.K, I have a weak spot for my video games too!

(Love Tomb Raider Legend)!!!!!!!!