New Construction Photos Added

I just hope the PKI thought of how long the lines for IJSC will be with out two rides in the park next year. If you are going to keep the line under 2 hours you need another ride to pick people up and keep the line short. I can see it now 3 hours and the PR people are going to hear it.

Were you wearing a blue Beast 25th shirt yesterday? If so I think I walked right past you on the way to The Beast, that was when it turned out to be down mechanical for a while yesterday afternoon. I was wearing a green Beast logo shirt.

yep, that was me! I gave you a nod as we passed, but I guess you didnt see it, or wasnt to sure who I was!

"IJST will have a 1000 person per hour moving capacity (in theory), so it will be able to move about 200 more people per hour than FoF. That's not too bad of a sign right there. "

Dream on.... Beast has 3 trains that hold 3 times as many people and it rarely clocks 1,000 riders per hour. Trust me, waits will be terribly long on busy days... if the coaster is a success. The capacity of the ride appears to be ridiculously low IMO.

I am anxiously looking forward to the coaster, but let's be realistic.

Shaggy

Were you wearing a blue Beast 25th shirt yesterday? If so I think I walked right past you on the way to The Beast, that was when it turned out to be down mechanical for a while yesterday afternoon. I was wearing a green Beast logo shirt.

yep, that was me! I gave you a nod as we passed, but I guess you didnt see it, or wasnt to sure who I was!

doh! I walked by you and though to myself: "I know him!" But i could not place who you were at the moment. When I saw this thread, i figured that it was you.

i waited 45 for millenium force, 3rd day it was open to the public... didnt use fast pass either... on the othr hand, i was there for TTD on opening day and because of intermittent downtime it was a 6 hour wait, once you were inside the q line! wait tiiems for new attractions vary... we will just have to wait and see!

how many pictures of a pile of torn up concrete can you take?

Well, alot...so it seems. Thanks!

No seriously, when I take pics for the site, I try to keep in mind that I am taking them for alot of people that are not going to be able to make it to the park and see what the current construction site looks like. This was the first time I had been to the park since they took away our beloved eagles, so I knew pictures of that site would be the most sought after right now. By having multiple angle shots of the same area, it allows the visiter to get a really good idea as to what is going on in a certain area of the park.

1,000 per hour huh.

With 12 passenger trains, that means they will need to dispatch 84 trains per hour. With 3600 seconds in an hour they will need to dipatch a train every 43 seconds.

We also know the ride will have at most 3 trains on track which means that we are looking at a cycle time of 129 seconds INCLUDING ride time, unload time, and load time. Recall also that the trains are to be equipped with working doors, which should slow load/unload down further.

So in under 43 seconds they have to - bring a train in from the ready brake, open the doors, unload it, load it, check bars, close the doors, and launch it. That also seems to infer that we are looking at about an 80-85 second ride, again if the 1,000 figure has any real chance of happening,.

The deal breaker on this will be the mid couse safety blocks. Even if they can get that train ready in under 43 seconds, it can't launch until the train ahead clears the next block. Why do I think the train stop for the helicopter stunt show is going to be a planned setup.

Work with me for a moment, the deal will be they launch a train from the station, it runs and then stops in the helicopter scene, UNTIL the train in front of it clears a mid couse near the end of the ride, suggesting at least two block points at the end of the ride before the station, otherwise the train ahead can't move into the station because the train in the station can't launch until the stutnt show block is clear.

Long and short of it, they have the train to and clear of the stunt show block within 43 seconds, or the next train can't launch, making the 1,000 mark impossible.

^ To summarize, don't believe what the "experts" tell you. These are theoretical numbers, which means the capacity you get if everything goes right and everything is timed to the exact millisecond. I have an old ride manual for FOF that states the hourly capacity to be 1200. I don't think so. That ride is lucky to break 550 every hour. 600 if all ride operators work nonstop, running back and forth from the station to the unload station to help the unload operator prepare the next train by getting everyone off and putting up seats...and there are no kids whose height you have to check in between. When you hear someone tell you the expected hourly capacity of a ride, expect half that, or 3/4 of that number if you have a fast working crew.