Construction of the Knievel Jump Site Is Well Under Way, Park Opens Daily Friday, Boomerang Bay to Open, Free Parking Deal Ends Soon & More

This Saturday, May 24th 2008, will be a day NOT to be missed at Kings Island! Come to Kings Island and see history in the making as Kaptain Robbie Knievel attempts to break his father's record by jumping 24 Coke Zero semi trucks in the parking lot at Kings Island! Construction of the jump site is well under way already. Click here to see photos of the massive Robbie Knievel jump site at Kings Island!

Where: Kings Island, Cincinnati, OH

What: Kaptain Robbie Knievel will attempt to jump 24 Coke Zero buses in Kings Island's parking lot. Additionally there will be special live entertainment throughout the day leading up to the jump including the return of the Clown Band, a flyover air show, live music, an extended fireworks display and more!

When: May 24th 2008, the Knievel jump will begin at 7pm, but the special activities will be throughout the day.

Cost: This event is FREE with park admission and to season pass holders. Special VIP Grandstand seating as well as general admission tickets are available at Kings Island's official web site, VisitKingsIsland.com.

As Spring hits its apex, Kings Island is already ready for Summer! Kings Island will be opening the park for daily operation starting this Friday, May 23rd! Go to Kings Island's official web site VisitKingsIsland.com for the full operating calendar! Speaking of Summer, May 24th will also usher in the unofficial season of Kings Island Summer as Boomerang Bay Waterpark Resort opens for the season! Boomerang Bay is FREE with park admission!

Still haven't had your pass processed yet? The time may be NOW! Avoid the lines and have your Kings Island, Kings Island Gold or Platinum Pass processed at Kings Island this Monday through Thursday 4pm to 8pm. While you're there, feel free to check out the construction of the Robbie Knievel jump site for yourself!

You still don't have your 2008 Kings Island season pass? What are you waiting for! Purchase a 2008 season pass and get an entire summer of fun for one low price. If that's not enough, you can upgrade to a Gold Season Pass and get an exclusive parking area, special meal deals, double rides on some of your favorite attractions and much more. Still not enough? Purchase a Platinum Pass and get FREE admission and FREE parking to all Cedar Fair parks, such as Kings Island, Cedar Point, Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom, Knott's Berry Farm and more! Click here for more information and to purchase a Kings Island, Kings Island Gold, or Cedar Fair Platinum Season Pass! Hurry! FREE parking with the purchase of a Gold Season Pass ends this Sunday, May 25th!

Is a season pass not right for you? Avoid the long lines and pay only a fraction of the regular gate admission buy purchasing your single day admission tickets on the park's official web site, VisitKingsIsland.com. Remember these deals are ONLY available through the web site, so purchase online and print at home for the best value and fastest way to experience Kings Island!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

I just got a text from KIC saying that you updated, the text message thing for KIC really comes in handy! But about the pics, the ramp seems to look good! And i dont really like the bike Robbie wants to use, but its his choice. Thanks for the update Ryan!

Very cool! I got a text as well, good job on BroadTexter.

I'm glad you like that. The Broadtexter thing was something that I had wanted to do for a long time and I finally found a program that allowed me to do it the way I wanted to. I hope you guys who are signed up find it useful.

I just got a text from KIC saying that you updated, the text message thing for KIC really comes in handy! But about the pics, the ramp seems to look good! And i dont really like the bike Robbie wants to use, but its his choice. Thanks for the update Ryan!

I gotta ask...what's wrong with the bike he's using? Looks like your basic motocross bike.

I gotta ask...what's wrong with the bike he's using? Looks like your basic motocross bike.

I'm assuming he meant compared to Evel. Evel used a massive Harley. This bike is lighter weight.

Is it just me, or does the landing ramp look short (as in height) and really, REALLY wide. Im just used to seeing the landing ramp looking similar (except not as tall) but the same width.

You must not watch action sports at all.

I'm not sure where the VIP Grandstand will be, but there will be seating all around the jump site.

Dear Ryan,

Is this kind of a tribute to his late father?

Did Evil Knivel jump in 75 or 76 or am I anywhere NEAR close?

I think it's really cool and I hope I can make it.

Take care, Odette.

P.S If you posted any of the questions I just asked already, I am sorry for asking again. My PC has been a bit kooky lately and I don't get to jump on to KICentral as much as I would like.

Thanks.

I'm not sure where the VIP Grandstand will be, but there will be seating all around the jump site.

Dear Ryan,

I'm guessing he's asleep so I'll answer if you don't mind.

Robbie has stated that he wants to try and attempt to break all of his fathers records in an attempt to keep "Knievel the most famous name on two wheels." After the Kings Island jump (if successful), the Snake River Canyon and Wembley Stadium jumps will be the only records of his father that he hasn't broken. He also mentioned that this could be his last "big" jump.

75. Set television viewing records that still stand today.

Take care, Odette.

P.S If you posted any of the questions I just asked already, I am sorry for asking again. My PC has been a bit kooky lately and I don't get to jump on to KICentral as much as I would like.

Thanks.

For any more questions, I recommend checking out the Robbie Knievel jump FAQ: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...c=13035&hl=

Hope you enjoy the days events if you go!

Anyone see the interview with Robbie on channel 9, he confirmed there is a huge coaster coming in 2009. Hmmm wonder if they will tie the coaster in to his jump?

Confirmation of 09 Hyper coaster from the Son of Knievel

Haha I don't think he was suppossed to say that, but hey he's bringing so much promotion to the park that it doesn't really even matter.

Dear Ryan,

I'm guessing he's asleep so I'll answer if you don't mind.

Robbie has stated that he wants to try and attempt to break all of his fathers records in an attempt to keep "Knievel the most famous name on two wheels." After the Kings Island jump (if successful), the Snake River Canyon and Wembley Stadium jumps will be the only records of his father that he hasn't broken. He also mentioned that this could be his last "big" jump.

75. Set television viewing records that still stand today.

Take care, Odette.

Thanks.

For any more questions, I recommend checking out the Robbie Knievel jump FAQ: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...c=13035&hl=

Hope you enjoy the days events if you go!

Thank you Mr. Bombay! I appreciate it!

personally im not looking forward to it lol. i work at the Eiffel Tower, its gonna be fun having the max number of people up there and people being mad that they cant get up there since its full. yey. *still hoping to be the one working at the top a the time though....*