Robbie Kinevil Called Me

teenageninja

He called me too. I saved the message. A couple of observations:

1. I'm glad he said that he would be attempting the jump "on my motorcycle." That was very informative.

2. I am wondering why the park, who obviously got my number because I gave it to them when I purchased my pass, would find it necessary to have Robbie remind me to make sure I purchased my season pass.

• Like 1

2. I am wondering why the park, who obviously got my number because I gave it to them when I purchased my pass, would find it necessary to have Robbie remind me to make sure I purchased my season pass.

Perhaps they are using pass information from previous years, and not necessarily this year.

Perhaps they are using pass information from previous years, and not necessarily this year.

Ohhhhhh!

And decided not exclude the ones that already bought passes?

• Like 1

Right. I got the same call last night. I was NOT amused and will be calling the park today to have them exclude my phone from their marketing "efforts." I am on all the do not call lists, and never get phone calls except during emergencies. Hearing Robbie Knievel was not something I expected, wanted or was amused with. And I have a Platinum Pass already, thank you very much.

Most businesses will actually ask if it's ok to call or text you.

That is especially for those that have received messages on their cell phones.

Now I don't have land line, so the phone number I list is always my cell phone.

When I receive an unsolicited call to my cell number; I become one P.O.'d Bear.

Right. I got the same call last night. I was NOT amused and will be calling the park today to have them exclude my phone from their marketing "efforts." I am on all the do not call lists, and never get phone calls except during emergencies. Hearing Robbie Knievel was not something I expected, wanted or was amused with. And I have a Platinum Pass already, thank you very much.

Unfortunately, being on the do not call list would not stop this call from being made. From the National Do Not Call Registry FAQ:

If I register my number on the National Do Not Call Registry, will it stop all telemarketing calls?

No. Placing your number on the National Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls.

Since you have a KI season pass, you have "an existing business relationship".

I'm on the do not call list and got the call yesterday on my voicemail at home. I actually thought it was funny and didn't mind it at all. In all the years that someone in my household has had a season pass, this is the first phone call we've ever received from the park. With that track record, I don't mind one call in x # of years.

And yes, KI Marketing frequently uses lists of previous years' season pass holders to send materials to. That is the reason you may also get fliers in the mail or emails reminding you to purchase a season pass when you already have for the current season.

Seems like quite an effective marketing technique.

They seem to have hit all the season pass holders.

I'm wondering if it motivated any of the season pass folk to buy another season pass?

You know - "Oh my gosh honey, I know we have season passes but lets go buy more!"

So, I called the park today. And here is what I was told: "I am sorry sir, there is no way to remove you from our calling list. We would be happy to refund the cost of your season pass if you'd like, provided it has not been used." Great customer experience, that...

Sigh.

No way to remove from a calling list?

How absolutely nuts is that??????

So, I called the park today. And here is what I was told: "I am sorry sir, there is no way to remove you from our calling list. We would be happy to refund the cost of your season pass if you'd like, provided it has not been used." Great customer experience, that...

Sigh.

That actually is something... refunding the amount for a season pass, used or unused, is strictly against park policy.

Guest kwindshawne

I like the calls I get from India on my cell phone. Almost none of them can pronounce my last name. Regardless, if I don't recognize the number, I don't pick up. I have one college that won't leave me alone, and eventually I figure they will get tired of going to voice mail-they don't leave messages anymore.

I think all telemarketing should be illegal, business relationship or not, but that is my opinion.

Sigh.

If that is what they told you, the park is in violation of federal law if they call you again. From the National Do Not Call Registry FAQ:

My number is on the National Do Not Call Registry. After I bought something from a company, a telemarketer representing that organization called me. Is this a violation?

No. By purchasing something from the company, you established a business relationship with the company. As a result, even if you put your number on the National Do Not Call Registry, that company may call you for up to 18 months after your last purchase or delivery from it, or your last payment to it, unless you ask the company not to call again. In that case, the company must honor your request not to call. If they subsequently call you again, they may be subject to a fine of up to $11,000.

An established business relationship with a company also will be created if you make an inquiry to the company, or submit an application to it. This kind of established business relationship exists for three months after the inquiry or application. During this time, the company can call you.

If you make a specific request to that company not to call you, however, then the company may not call you, even if you have an established business relationship with that company.

I think you'll need to escalate your request to the supervisor/manager and make them aware of this. If you do that, please let us know their response. I'd be very interested to hear what the park says to that.

• Like 1

I think you'll need to escalate your request to the supervisor/manager and make them aware of this. If you do that, please let us know their response. I'd be very interested to hear what the park says to that.

To each their own but there does come a point where it's not worth the ongoing effort needed just to prevent an occasional KI marketing call. You could end up spending (wasting) more time fighting it than you would spend dealing with the 30 second phone message in the first place. But if getting an unsolicited KI phone call is that big of a problem for someone, I'll gladly trade some of my daily stress-risers for yours ;)

(that said, I got the call as well, and I am on the no call lists... but then again I also get messages DAILY trying to sell me extended car warranties. Just hit delete and move on :) )

This is probably as irritating as what I've been going through. Ever since I got my iPhone I've had a new number. Well I guess someone had the number before me and got into a little trouble. Now I have three debt collecting agencies calling on a daily basis. Ugh.

To each their own but there does come a point where it's not worth the ongoing effort needed just to prevent an occasional KI marketing call. You could end up spending (wasting) more time fighting it than you would spend dealing with the 30 second phone message in the first place. But if getting an unsolicited KI phone call is that big of a problem for someone, I'll gladly trade some of my daily stress-risers for yours ;)

(that said, I got the call as well, and I am on the no call lists... but then again I also get messages DAILY trying to sell me extended car warranties. Just hit delete and move on :) )

As I stated here, I didn't mind the call myself. I was just posting for those that do have an issue with it.

And iChase, I feel your pain. Once when I was promoted, I inherited the phone number of the person who held the position before me. I had debt collectors calling me at my new office number who would not believe me when I told them that she no longer worked there.

And iChase, I feel your pain. Once when I was promoted, I inherited the phone number of the person who held the position before me. I had debt collectors calling me at my new office number who would not believe me when I told them that she no longer worked there.

Did you ever manage to get rid of them? I've told them that the person no longer uses my number but they kept calling.

Did you ever manage to get rid of them? I've told them that the person no longer uses my number but they kept calling.

At the same time she left the job, she had also moved without giving her former roomates her forwarding information, so they were getting calls too. However, once we did find out a number for her, we were sure to give it to the callers. That pretty much took care of it, but I don't think you'll be as lucky in your situation.