Dominator Testing at King's Dominion

Can someone who has actually ridden a floorless coaster tell me about the experience or is it one you just have to be there? Does it actually appear that your feet are going to get chopped off by the track?

^Floorless coasters are really fun and in my opinion are the best of the "gimmick" coasters. The seats are very comfortable and it provides a ride like a traditional sit down coaster, just without the floor. As for the "foot chop" effect, it works really well in the first row, but not so much in the other rows. Floorless coasters are one of the few where I will actually wait for the front seat because the effect is so much better.

Dominator officially opens today!!

KD did a great job of putting this ride in so you wouldn't know that the location was once a part of the parking lot.

lol! That's pretty funny. Nothing like pavement to make the ride thrilling.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice vid! Didn't seem all that shaky.

Jasper, I rode Dominator several times over two seasons at Geagua Lake. I rode in the front seat and never really got the chopping effect. It seemed to me to be just like a regualr sit down with the exception of the floor gone. Dominator has some excellent speed and I really liked the interlocking corkscrews.