Knievel Prepares/Construction Update.

Gordon Bombay

Beastfan, as nice as it was to see that, you can't post it here. Check the (I believe) Robbie Knievel FAQs topic.

Yes -- please don't like to any videos of the Knievel jump. Robbie asks that his events only be video taped by those who have permission to do so, and I'm not sure how the legalities would work out with people linking on the site.

However...

and I guess you could say this is an announcement..

KICentral was able to obtain permission to post video tape and post the jump! I'm working diligently on bringing you guys some of my best work yet! Keep checking the site, I intend to have it finished and uploaded within a day or so!

Lots of people walked back up through Timberwolf grumbling that it had been a waste of time...I wish I would have not bothered.

I was dying to go to the park just to see a major part of KI's history, be lucky you actually got to experiance it... unlike me.

Lots of people walked back up through Timberwolf grumbling that it had been a waste of time...I wish I would have not bothered.

A waste of time? I personally think seeing a once in a lifetime stunt jump is much more worthy of my time than standing on line for 2 hours to ride Flight Deck on the most crowded day the park has probably ever seen. That's just me though.

I suppose they were the type of people who were hoping and praying that something would go wrong. In my mind, that's just pathetic. Truly pathetic. Are these the same people who slow down traffic to gawk at a traffic accident as they pass by it on the Interstate?

We werent able to get too close, The best view we got was him landing, and honestly, It was an amazing event and Im glad We were there. To see him land it great, then get up and get a hug from a happy friend was an amazing thing to see! Im glad I was there!!! Oh, And the free vault/Full Throttle was pretty awesome too :lol:

I suppose they were the type of people who were hoping and praying that something would go wrong. In my mind, that's just pathetic. Truly pathetic. Are these the same people who slow down traffic to gawk at a traffic accident as they pass by it on the Interstate?

I have to admit that I took a sigh of relief when he landed the jump well.

Maybe it's just being a biker but I was really, really hoping that it would go well.

When I saw that the ramp went out over about three trucks, I actually felt better about the jump.

I like the fact that it was more about the jump and record than the fact that it was a "death defying" thing.

Robbie's father was more into the less than safe things.

During the jump ceremony I guess you could call it the announcer kept calling it Kings Island, Ohio. I wonder if he knows that Kings Island isn't a city. :P

Sorry just had to point it out since I'm from Mason.

For years, the official park address was Kings Island, OH.

Glad to hear the jump went well!

As for the waste of time, I wouldn't think so. How many times can you say you saw Robbie Knievel jump 24 Coke Zero Busses in the parking lot of Kings Island? That's right, once.

the majority of people saw a split second of him in the air...I suppose the people with the best view were the people CF could nickle and dime for a grandstand seat...from the video I took..it didn't even look like he made it....he is coming down with 6-7 more trucks to clear. Regardless of what I say..or what my opinion is..there are always going to be people on here who disagree with me...it seems like team sport :huh:

I absolutely loved it. I didn't think it was going to be that great, but it was amazing. My uncle, brother, and I spent the extra $10 and had grandstand seats. It was awesome seeing the parachutists landing right in front of us, especially the one with the huge American flag.

It was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had at Kings Island!

I also saw several members of KICentral.

I just saw some pics in the photo section, and i cant belive how packed it was! The Eiffel Tower used both levels! And i know some of the parking lot was used for the jump, but the fact that people parked in grass by Boomerang Bay and Marathon (i think its a Marathon.) Although i wanted to be there so badly to see the jump, im kinda glad i didnt go. I hate when parks are packed... not really because of the long waits. Just because its loud, there is alot more trash, and its never peaceful...

During the jump ceremony I guess you could call it the announcer kept calling it Kings Island, Ohio. I wonder if he knows that Kings Island isn't a city. :P

Sorry just had to point it out since I'm from Mason.

I remember in like 95 we got my mom this cheesy Brady Bunch calendar with trivia questions. One of them read something like "What was the amusement park Mike took the family too?" "It was an amusement park on Kings Island in Ohio".