History is Made and History is Relived at Kings Island, Robbie Knievel, Boomerang Bay Now Open, Park Open Daily & More!

Mark in your textbooks that May 24th, 2008, was a day that history was made and history was relived at Kings Island. The park took you on a flashback to 1975 and featured music, television shows, costumes, cartoon characters and even The Hussle… just like the 1970s!

If anyone mentions Kings Island and 1975 in the same sentence, one can’t help but think of Evel Knievel’s attempt to jump 14 Greyhound buses on his motorcycle in the parking lot at Kings Island. Of course, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, and there was a man named Knievel at Kings Island that day. It wasn’t the late Evel Knievel but his legendary son, Kaptain Robbie Knievel, who made history in front of thousands of spectators by jumping 24 Coke Zero trucks in Kings Island’s parking lot!

Thousands of fans watch in awe, excitement and sympathetic fear as Kaptain Robbie Knievel attempted to outdo his father by jumping the largest gap of his career that spanned a distance of over 200ft! This incredible spectacle featured sky jumpers, amazing pyrotechnics, live acts, and of course a record breaking motorcycle jump.

The flashback didn’t stop there! Fans were promised the nostalgic return of some of their favorite Hanna Barbera characters and they got it to a much larger extent than they had ever imagined! Entering the midway near the Kings Island Theatre, guests were greeted by a plethora of performers sporting Polaroid cameras, puffy dresses and Evel Knievel jump suits. To set the mood, the area sported a DJ who played hits from some ‘new and upcoming artists’ such as Earth, Wind and Fire. It wasn’t long before “The Hustle” came on the radio and every performer, character and 1970s enthusiast joined in on the dance. For everyone who remembered the 1970s as well as everyone who was seeing it for the very first time, this was certainly a unique experience not to be forgotten.

Click here to see photos of Robbie Knievel’s jump as well as other events from May 24th 2008 at Kings Island! If photos aren't enough,

to see a video tribute to the historical Robbie Knievel jump at Kings Island!

The Knievel jump may have already had its place in history but there’s still a lot of fun left this summer! Go to Kings Island’s official site, VisitKingsIsland.com for details!

Is a season pass not right for you? Avoid the long lines and pay only a fraction of the regular gate admission by purchasing your single day admission tickets on the park's official web site, VisitKingsIsland.com. Remember these deals are ONLY available through the web site, so purchase online and print at home for the best value and fastest way to experience Kings Island!

G’Day Mate! Kings Island’s Aussie-themed waterpark is now open for business! Come and have some wet and wild fun in one of the nation’s most popular waterparks! Boomerang Bay is FREE with park admission!

It may still be Spring but Kings Island has sparked the unofficial start of summer by beginning daily operations! Kings Island and Boomerang Bay are now open daily, so take a well-deserved day off or stop by after work and enjoy a full summer of fun at Kings Island!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

Wow, looking at all the pictures I noticed the life in the park. It's amazing what was restored to the park with all the HB characters, the band, and all the other live entertainment. I wish the park could stay like that. It needs that festive feeling when you walk in the gates. Right now it just feels lonesome.

Anyway, great pictures guys. That one Ronny took with the remote cam was pretty awesome.

From the Cox media hub,

Although Knievel hit just shy of the 231 feet he need to break the world distance record he set in 1998, he did break the record for jumping semis. 19 was the previous record.

Guest kwindshawne

This is the first time I've been online since friday night-great pics. I wish I could have seen it, but was busy elsewhere. As grueling as Saturday was, it was the first time I have felt the old spirit of the park since well, I can't remember when. Maybe they should look at more special events like that in the future.

I was telling the guys it would be neat if they did that 70s section every Saturday or something like that. I could have stayed in that section the entire day. Everyone was having so much fun. The DJ did a perfect job and I would get goosebumps every time they would dance. Believe me, you have not lived until you have seen Fred Flintstone do the hustle!

I was telling the guys it would be neat if they did that 70s section every Saturday or something like that. I could have stayed in that section the entire day. Everyone was having so much fun. The DJ did a perfect job and I would get goosebumps every time they would dance. Believe me, you have not lived until you have seen Fred Flintstone do the hustle!

He's not kidding. Bill really enjoyed the 70s section and he'd get caught up shoot video or photos of something and would part with the group and the running joke was that we lost Bill to the 70s again.

I didn't see this posted anywhere on this site, a friend of mine just sent it to me.

Robbie Kneivel Injured on Teacup Ride???

http://www.derfmagazine.com/news/sports/406.html

I am thoroughly confused by this one... When did KI get a teacup ride??? It took out two long ago. This is a prime example of mis-reporting.

Edit: Oops, I just looked at some of the other headlines on this site, and it is clearly a joke website similar to The Onion.