NOTIFY PARK SECURITY

FrankNfreak

I was told...notify park security and ride ops about smokers...and to not take matters in to my own hands. On 6 different occasions..I pointed out to security people blatantly smoking in unauthorized areas. They gave the people a glance..and virtually ignored me. I mentioned it to ride ops twice..nothing was done. Also...line jumping was terrible yesterday...I saw SEVERAL people complain to the ride ops regarding a certain group of people...nothing was done. So it's official...Cedar Fair's policy is Crowleys manta.."Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law"..It's a free for all gang. I have a conceal and carry permit...will they ignore the no weapons rule as well?

My theory for line jumpers is, let them get away with it. It only makes them look bad, nor it is worth arguing/starting a fight over. Paramount Parks had the policy for do nothing at Carowinds also. As far as smokers, money talks, and smokers pay admission just like others do. While I do agree that something should be done, it is an outdoor park, which makes it harder to enforce. If I had it my way, smoking, gum, cell phones, and beer would be banned completely from all parks, but then where would the money come from.

My theory for line jumpers is, let them get away with it. It only makes them look bad, nor it is worth arguing/starting a fight over. Paramount Parks had the policy for do nothing at Carowinds also. As far as smokers, money talks, and smokers pay admission just like others do. While I do agree that something should be done, it is an outdoor park, which makes it harder to enforce. If I had it my way, smoking, gum, cell phones, and beer would be banned completely from all parks, but then where would the money come from.

It's only harder to enforce when Security and Management (who are being paid to deal with it) TURN their heads to the problem.

They do what they are instructed to do and are supported in doing, in both cases, by top management. Another chain in the business is very serious about enforcing the line jumping and smoking policies...and it's quite amazing how much nicer that chain's parks seem this summer than do Cedar Fair's. Eventually, the public gets what it wants. It always does....

I thought Cedar Fair had a policy about where Alcohol could and could not be located at? I thought it was against policy for people to be drinking beer in the lines waiting for rides, but I saw about 2-3 people carrying plastic glasses of beer in the line for Beast today, not to mention about another dozen or so carrying Bud bottles and drinking them there as well.

So, it is not just the smoking.

If this happened on Saturday I can see why it would be ignored. Going into a crowd like that and starting something with a smoker may not be a good idea.

Actually you have that exactly opposite.

In large crowd it's almost crucial to insist that rules be followed.

If you do not, things can go bad very quickly.

Cedar Fair alcohol polices are different than Paramount Parks' were. Alcohol is not allowed in queue lines, but IS allowed in the park in general, but not Nick Universe...

Nick Universe is the one place in the park where I'd like to have a drink!!!! LOL! Especially after I've been there for 8 hours! ha ha!

I actually saw a couple teenagers walk back into the park from the jump site carrying bottles of Bud...I am guessing..but I put this boys age at about 17....or he was a very young looking 21 yr old. Was KI employees selling the beer out there...or was that an outside group?

Smokers and line jumpers today were bad as well. I gotta tell you, everyone was complaining when some idiot started smoking in line for The Beast. Nasty. Someone was smoking in The Vortex line as well. As for line jumpers, terrible. I haven't ever seen it so bad. ):

Smokers and line jumpers today were bad as well. I gotta tell you, everyone was complaining when some idiot started smoking in line for The Beast. Nasty. Someone was smoking in The Vortex line as well. As for line jumpers, terrible. I haven't ever seen it so bad. ):

yeah..I had three idiots near me in line for The Beast when they shut it down for the fireworks. One of them had a t shirt on that said West Virginia Mountaineers..and buddy..let me tell you...they looked West Virginia. I asked them on two different occasions to put them out..and they obliged...but a few moments later would light up again.

yeah..I had three idiots near me in line for The Beast when they shut it down for the fireworks. One of them had a t shirt on that said West Virginia Mountaineers..and buddy..let me tell you...they looked West Virginia. I asked them on two different occasions to put them out..and they obliged...but a few moments later would light up again.

Wow. I can't even believe people these days.

Makes the park a little bit less of a place you would want to be ):

Usually by the end of the day I am so aggravated and upset with the rudeness of people..I'm just ready to go home. I have held a season pass since 1986...and now I have had passes for the whole family for about 12 years. I am getting to the point where I don't even want to go anymore...and I probably won't if Cedar Fair don't get things under control. I'm not trying to be a kill joy or trample on anyones fun...but we all have to share the same space at this park...especially in long lines. It would be nice if everyone could respect others. I try to watch my behavior..I try to watch my language...I don't want to impose upon anyone else or their familys...I just want the same respect for me and mine.

Usually by the end of the day I am so aggravated and upset with the rudeness of people..I'm just ready to go home. I have held a season pass since 1986...and now I have had passes for the whole family for about 12 years. I am getting to the point where I don't even want to go anymore...and I probably won't if Cedar Fair don't get things under control. I'm not trying to be a kill joy or trample on anyones fun...but we all have to share the same space at this park...especially in long lines. It would be nice if everyone could respect others. I try to watch my behavior..I try to watch my language...I don't want to impose upon anyone else or their familys...I just want the same respect for me and mine.

I agree completely. I've seen several things this year that are distressing. "Modified ride operations", closed food locations, Robbie Kinevel calling me trying to sell me a season pass I already have..... But the worst is the seemingly complete absence of enforcement of the park rules!!! It IS, as you say, a matter of simple respect and most people don't need park rules to follow what should be common sense... CF needs to get its act together in this regard... When we were there Friday, I actually thought, "If Cedar Fair runs all of their parks this way, no wonder they're in debt."

I don't think they hire aggressive enough security guards. They all seem pretty passive aggressive.

I went to the Knievel jump with my dad. He didn't have a pass so we had to stand outside of the designated area. So many people were jumping the fence. The lady near where we stood tried chasing about 2 people down before just giving up. If she had kicked them out maybe she would have set an example, but she did nothing but chase the people down, thus taking her eye off of her patrol area and causing 20 or so people to flood into the area.

I'm not saying that I really care about that particular thing, because it's not like the viewing area was even near full, but you would think they would hire aggressive people to the job of security, not people who are just going to let things slide.

I totally understand what you mean. It just seems like it's too difficult for people to be kind and considerate these days. No one looks pleasant and it seems like an effort for them to even speak.

I too try to watch everything I say and do. I have a rather colorful vocabulary and so do my friends. I always have to remind them not to use that language. There ARE other people around. I get pretty angry when they try to smoke out of areas or toss their butts around on the ground. (No funny comments Interp.)

Where is A James Manchin when you need him?

Oh, well. Like all other states, West Virginia has its pluses and minuses. They could just as easily have been wearing Cleveland Browns or Cinci Reds shirts. They sell them in these things called stores, and anyone can buy them. If they have money. And if they don't, people can steal them.

toss their butts around on the ground. (No funny comments Interp.)

Maybe they have worms?? lol

On another note...certain crews at certain rides are better at enforcing the no smoking, no beer, and line jumping policies than others. If someone is breaking the rules be sure to let security or the ride associates know. Granted some things may fall through the cracks, but at one ride in particular (The Beast) a commitment has been made to bounce these habits from the ride. Most associates do make a serious commitment to the guest experience!

Guest rcfreak339

why cell phones?

Guest rcfreak339

why cell phones?