The Robbie Knievel Jump in a Nutshell

Dane

I guess it's one of those deals where you just had to be there....

I've heard similar situations about NASCAR. I'm not a fan.. I think it's boring. However anyone who's a NASCAR fan will tell you that as soon as you go to one race and experience the excitement for yourself, you'll be hooked.

Relevantly, seeing an animation of a guy jumping a motorcycle over 24 Coke Zero trucks may seem a little simplistic, but there was nothing like standing there in the seconds before the jump knowing that a man was risking his life right before your very eyes.

I guess it's one of those deals where you just had to be there....

I've heard similar situations about NASCAR. I'm not a fan.. I think it's boring. However anyone who's a NASCAR fan will tell you that as soon as you go to one race and experience the excitement for yourself, you'll be hooked.

Relevantly, seeing an animation of a guy jumping a motorcycle over 24 Coke Zero trucks may seem a little simplistic, but there was nothing like standing there in the seconds before the jump knowing that a man was risking his life right before your very eyes.

Completely.

I could not really sit and watch a race on TV. To me, it's kinda like watching vs playing golf.

But the energy and excitement of being at an actual NASCAR race is absolutely intoxicating.

You really can not imagine how fast the cars really are going and the engery that is produced. When they go around the bends it's almost like the cars are floating.

Did he technically jump all 24 trucks? It looks like from pics that he only jumped 19 while the remaining 5 trucks weren't actually jumped because of the ramp over them...

When he jumped off his bike he said he only jumped 23 1/2 trucks. And yes he did still jump those trucks although the safety ramp went over them.

Awesome. That is just pure balls. Anybody that has ever jumped anything on a bicycle or motorcycle can relate. 100% commitment. Thanks for all the coverage of the event. I would have liked to have been there, but just had too much going on during the weekend.

That jump was a thing of beauty. I had some drunk guy behind me in the crowd complaining about how some guy did a much longer jump, flipping through the air, on a dirtbike somewhere, and that this is nothing compared to that. Counter to his point, I asked him politely why, then, he bothered standing in a hot, crowded parking lot, at what was a very poor angle, to see a glimpse of someone attempting what he thought was a second-rate jump. I didn't hear much from him the rest of the afternoon. <_<

Viva Knievel! Viva Kings Island! The event was pure showmanship from a man who loves his country, his family, and his one-of-a-kind job! Absolutely memorable!

Ok now I will not say that he made the Jump. Yah he landed on the top of the ramp (not the slope). Now if you go to screamscape and watch the video and stop it at 0:07 then you will see that the jump (which without that part of the ramp he would land on truck 24 not on the ramp itself. however he did make it off the ramp safe.