Quick question.....can I bring my own food/drink into the park?

nitrox28

The only food that may be brought inside the park is food that is required for verified medical reasons. Otherwise, you will have to keep your food in your car. Now, there are a few picnic tables located outside the front gate if you want to pack a lunch an eat there. But you are not allowed to bring in your own food or drink, like you mentioned you wanted to do.

Actually, I've been to the park five times now, and each time I have brought in snacks and juice boxes. I put them in the diaper bag...and I have not had it searched yet. Last summer we had a two liter of Coke, and a security guy walked by and said "I don't blame you!" LOL!

I also have found KI to be very flexible when it comes to young children. A few years back on a very hot day my sister brought a bunch of bottled waters for her children. She never attempted to hide them and she was given no problem.

There are plenty of foods that can be smuggled into the park in your pockets that won't set off the metal detectors. Now, it's not like you can really bring a full course meal in but small snacks are a really good idea especially if you get hungry in those long lines and there is nothing to eat besides small scraps that you find on the ground.

I really wish there was a larger picnic area at KI. CP has a huge one. I enjoy taking my own food to the park - especially for lunch - and I have a special diet that I must follow. So, when we go to KI, we leave the park for lunch and either go back to the hotel or hit one of the many restaurants just outside the park.

Update......

We had no problem taking some juice boxes and snacks inside the park. We just put everything in the bottom of our backpack under towels and clothes. When we got inside the park, it seemed like EVERYONE was pulling food and drink out of their packs! :) That really helped keep our little guy quiet in line, but the line were sooooo short I guess it wouldn't have mattered!

I have brought apples and meal replacements (Soy protein meal bars) lol! Steve never eats in the park, and doesn't plan to unless he wins the lottery. Never had a problem. Nature Valley granola bars are also excellent choices for those of you who crave slightly healthier foods that keep you full! You are limited to foods that won't melt or spoil if you want to travel light.

Guest TombraiderTy

Anyone else notice that the park map includes no notice that you cannot bring food into the park?

The only place I've seen anything this year is on the metal detectors, which shows a hamburger and drink with an "X" through them. But that can be viewed as "No McDonalds" :P

And I too have brought in food. Granola bars filling the pocket are a great source of energy throughout the day. And when I do buy food at Kings Island, I always get a cheese-coney from Skyline. Thank goodness it's only $2.12 including tax :D

...Please understand that ALL vehicles, packages and persons are subject to search upon entry. You will be asked to open purses, backpacks or other bags for inspection upon entry. Please note that food and drinks MAY NOT be brought into the park....

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/visit/visit_services.cfm

Please note I copied this exactly from the website, and did not change any punctuation or capitalization. (I, too, like to capitalize for emphasis, but the website usually does not...)

Of course, the park's apparently extremely uneven enforcement of this policy makes things rather dicey for them, as does the very bad public relations it can and does generate...

Guest TombraiderTy

Well I don't ever really bring a bag, so worrying about my stash of granola-bars being found is minimal.

And as you stated, the park is very different in this rule.

• 1 month later...

Every time I go I bring a backpack with some sandwiches in it because food is so rediculously overpriced. The first few times the security guard prodded around in my backpack for awhile while I was going through the metal detector, but the past four or five times they haven't even bothered to check it. Last time I went I walked up and handed them my backpack and my full throttle (My KI breakfast) and he handed them back to me after going through.

So I'd say you're allowed to bring food and drink into the park with you.

i think that its just a scare tactic to keep most people from doing so. if they said hey everyone bring in your food its allowed everyone would do so and then they would lose a ton of business at their food stands... its kinda like ft. pickens campground right on the beach in pensacola florida. they have signs everywhere that say no swimming on the beaches, even though they advertise swimming on the beach. We asked why they had these signs, and they said oh that way we keep most people from swimming, and if they do its at their own risk so we arent liable. When they have the rule of no food, most people just dont try and sneak food in, but those that do most often go unnoticed... I normally bring in a bag or two of swedish fish and some koolaid and lemonade mix in the plastic jars that you just add to water you get for free and they never have said anything to me.

i think that its just a scare tactic to keep most people from doing so. if they said hey everyone bring in your food its allowed everyone would do so and then they would lose a ton of business at their food stands... its kinda like ft. pickens campground right on the beach in pensacola florida. they have signs everywhere that say no swimming on the beaches, even though they advertise swimming on the beach. We asked why they had these signs, and they said oh that way we keep most people from swimming, and if they do its at their own risk so we arent liable. When they have the rule of no food, most people just dont try and sneak food in, but those that do most often go unnoticed... I normally bring in a bag or two of swedish fish and some koolaid and lemonade mix in the plastic jars that you just add to water you get for free and they never have said anything to me.

Yeah, that makes sense. Either that or it's like KI's "Smoking only in designated areas" rule. They have it posted, but they don't really enforce it so much.

I just hope that place in Florida doesn't really think it isn't liable just because they have signs with rules they don't even attempt to enforce....

I think that is the posters assumption. I'm certain that the campground in Pensacola is aware of their responsibilities.