Season Pass Frustrations

SeasonPass4Life

I tried to purchase our passes last Friday via the web. My Credit Card was constantly rejected saying that my address wasn't matching up. I called the park and was told that it was due to me having a PO Box as my mailing address. For some reason they can't run your Visa if you have a PO Box on your statement. The man at Guest Relations was very helpful and informed me that i could try to get one at Meijer. I drove to two different Meijer stores only to finally find out that the Indy market doesn't have Season Passes, only 1 or 2 day passes.

So, I call the park back at about 9:00 that night and speak to a lady from Guest Relations this time. I explained to her my situation and asked if there was ANY way they could try to get my Credit Card approved. I explained that I wouldn't be able to get to the park before the 25th and we wanted to get gold passes before they were no longer available. She says to me, "Well, they HAVE been on sale for a very long time now...." I was like, Oh no she didn't. I simply asked her to have a good night and hung up. What I WANTED to say was that if she would send me the money to purchase our passes the day they go on sale for 2009 I'd be happy to buy them that day. I was perturbed by the remark and didn't think it represented the park very well. If the Gold pass is available until a certain date it shouldn't be an issue whether you buy it the first or last day. I bought them as soon as I could afford them. (thanks IRS)

I was able to get my passes by using a Discover Card that I really didn't want to use. It will work regardless of a street or po box. (Maybe if any of you work for the pass office where they process phone orders you could share this with them!) It would certainly be better than trying to make the customer feel like it's their fault.

Any thoughts? Anyone else have the same experience?

A lot of that has to do with the park's agreement with the credit card companies. PO Boxes are funny in some instances. You'll noticed that even a lot of eBay auctions refuse to ship to PO boxes. I'm glad that the Discover worked though. I'd say it's worth giving Visa a call to see what happened. They may be able to give you a better explanation.

The problem seems to be with Visa and Mastercard. When credit card transactions are processed, it is routed thru either Visa's or Mastercard's network or clearing house. Have you tried calling Visa or Mastercard reagarding this and what their policy is? When ever that I make an online or transaction in person, it always states tha the street address MUST match the billing address as it is listed on my credit card billing. I am sure in some instances that charge can be manually approved by the store by calling credit card company. This can be done if the online network is down. I know that when I made a large purchase at CompUSA that they contacted them direct to approve the transaction. I am with FedEx and we do not ship to PO boxes, instead we only ship to a street address. We verify the shipping address to make sure that it is valid. The zip code to a street address is different from a PO Box zip code.

(THIS IS MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE POLICY OF Kings Island)

Sorry about changing the subject but I have a question. Is it true that you have to pay extra to get into Halloween Haunt if you have a regular season pass or do you have to get a gold pass to get in for free? On the web site it says "Get your gold pass now and get free admission into the Haunt". And its under gold pass perks. Could someone clear this up for me? Thanks a ton!

Guest kwindshawne

A friend of mine got a season pass as a gift with the parking included, and the first time he used the actual pass, the parking didn't show up on the screen. He went ahead and paid, went to guest relations, and they said without the receipt for the pass purchase there was nothing they could do. They added it on at that time, but the money was not refunded. He ended up going back and getting it back later, but due to a miskey, he was out 10 bucks.

Guest kwindshawne
Sigh. Was this last year? Last year, the way Cedar Fair conducted guest relations at Kings Island, particularly as to admissions and season passes, left very much to be desired:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...ass++Unfairness

Nope-this was just over the weekend. Since the deal is still going on, I assumed a presentation of a gold pass would have been proof enough that parking was included. It has nothing to do with visa/mc processing-it is pushing the wrong key on the computer during processing of the pass. I don't know why this is such an issue, but getting processed through the computer system in human resources is just as frustrating.

Hey, guys. I need some help from those of you more familiar with park operations than I am.

1) Does the park apply your daily admission toward the price of a season pass if you upgrade during your visit?

2) If so, how much is the credit if you came in on a discount ticket from a group purchase or a grocery store? I'm not sure how they could tell how much you paid...

TIA for the help!

--Mark

as of last year, i believe if you have the ticket you used from that same day, you can use that towards the price of a season pass, but only how much you paid, so if you paid 20.00 for the ticket you would only get 20.00 off, it tells you how much you paid for the ticket on the actual ticket, and id imagine free or reduced price corporate tickets for special events may not apply. again, this was last year, things change and i would wait for another response or call the park to make sure...