Cedar Point

lil lynn

My daughter and I went to Cedar Point this past Saturday night. Got there at 5 and rides were still running at 11:20 pm when we left. My daughter really wanted to ride the corkscrew and loved it. We rode it 3x. We rode the Mine Road 4x, Disaster Transport 1x and the Magnum 1x. She hated it. I told her it was much smoother than The Beast. She walked right over me on the Gemini. I was really surprised it wasn't crowded. There was only a 45 minute wait for TTD which I still have yet to ride, maybe 4th of July week. I think it is better to go in the evening b/c alot of people leave when you come later.

Thanks for sharing your visit to CP with us; I think you are lucky as my daughter will not ride coasters with us yet so we have been waiting until she gets a bit older. Sounds like you guys had a great time and something to look forward to in the future with that possible ride on TTD.

My daughter and I went to Cedar Point this past Saturday night. Got there at 5 and rides were still running at 11:20 pm when we left. My daughter really wanted to ride the corkscrew and loved it. We rode it 3x. We rode the Mine Road 4x, Disaster Transport 1x and the Magnum 1x. She hated it. I told her it was much smoother than The Beast. She walked right over me on the Gemini. I was really surprised it wasn't crowded. There was only a 45 minute wait for TTD which I still have yet to ride, maybe 4th of July week. I think it is better to go in the evening b/c alot of people leave when you come later.

By Mine Road, do you mean Cedar Creek Mine Ride?

Thanks for sharing your day with us. It sounds like you got a lot of rides in in a short amount of time.

There was only a 45 minute wait for TTD which I still have yet to ride, maybe 4th of July week.

Are you crazy?!?! July 4th week is CP's busiest of the year!!! Needless to say, the wait will be a lot longer than 45 mins then!!

I think you are lucky as my daughter will not ride coasters with us yet so we have been waiting until she gets a bit older.

Good luck with this strategy!! Even though I'm 26 now and a complete enthusiast who will ride anything, up until 2001/2002 I was VERY skeptical riding anything with intensity beyond Vortex or Magnum, and as a kid at KI my parents didn't push me at all. But my dad did push my little sister, who ended up riding anything all throughout middle and high school (such as Millennium Force, Goliath, etc.). I've always heard from enthusiasts with kids that the earlier, the better!!