Summerfair at Coney Island, May 30th- June 1st

CoastersRZ

This celebration of the visual and performing arts takes place at Coney Island for its 41st year. This festival features five stages of local entertainers. Proceeds from Summerfair support grant and exhibition programs supporting the local arts community.

Hours

May 30: 2-8pm

May 31: 10am-8pm

June 1: 10am-5pm

Admission

Adults: $10.00

Children under 12: FREE

Parking: FREE Courtesy of Summerfair Cincinnati

And, don`t forget that two of Coney`s three new attractions for 2008 are up and running. That`s right, the River Runner and Turtle Parade rides officially opened this past weekend, to the delight of park guests. The rides will be in operation from 11am-9pm daily, starting on Saturday.

If you`re looking for a fun filled weekend at Coney Island, whether it be riding classic rides, taking in some local art displays or taking a dip in Sunlite Pool, Coney has it!!

I personally have not operated (or ridden) the new River Runner yet. I was working the Rock O Planes for the early shift today. I didn`t check out any of the vendor booths at Summerfair. But I will say that people came out in flocks to check out all the things that Summerfair had to offer! There were a lot of people there! Also, due to Summerfair, the Dodgems, Famous Fairways Mini Golf, Tilt-A-Whirl, Scream Machine and Carousel were all closed.

However, the Super Slide will be opening soon at its new location behind Golf and next to the Tilt A Whirl. Additionally, the new Eurobungy Dome (which will be an upcharge attraction) will also be opening very soon.

Actually, they have already put in the asphalt base for the new slide location. And the slide has been moved from the parking lot (where it has been the last several weeks) and is sitting immediately adjacent to the new asphalt. I saw it yesterday when I was training a new employee on the Tilt a Whirl.

I went to Summerfair and found it to be a bit too expensive for my taste. Only thing I could afford to buy was Kettle Korn. Things that are $50+ is not my idea of a craft fair, even if the things are hand-made.

I was sad that the classic rides weren't operating, nor were the paddle boats.

Not really worth it, imo.

I cannot back you up on the high cost of the crafts at Summerfair. Short of going over to that area when I was training someone on the rides in that area, I didn`t visit any of the vendor booths. I will say that a LOT of people came down to Coney for Summerfair.

However, I can verify that some of Coney`s classic rides were in fact open this past Saturday and Sunday. Yes, the pedal boats were open. As was the Ferris Wheel, because I operated that for eight of the ten hours the rides were open on Saturday. Some rides were closed this weekend however, the Python, Dodgems, Tilt-A-Whirl, Scream Machine and Carousel. However, as a result, Coney was offering discounted rides admission for both the normal rides price as well as the after 4pm price.

No, the Pepsi Python is still closed. I do not know when it will reopen. However, you can look for the new Eurobungy Dome to be open very soon. I`m not certain how much you will have to pay to experience that attraction. I`ve heard a couple of prices tossed around, but nothing definitive yet. (It will likely be cheaper then KI`s Eurobungy, though).

I cannot back you up on the high cost of the crafts at Summerfair. Short of going over to that area when I was training someone on the rides in that area, I didn`t visit any of the vendor booths. I will say that a LOT of people came down to Coney for Summerfair.

However, I can verify that some of Coney`s classic rides were in fact open this past Saturday and Sunday. Yes, the pedal boats were open. As was the Ferris Wheel, because I operated that for eight of the ten hours the rides were open on Saturday. Some rides were closed this weekend however, the Python, Dodgems, Tilt-A-Whirl, Scream Machine and Carousel. However, as a result, Coney was offering discounted rides admission for both the normal rides price as well as the after 4pm price.

I was there on saturday (first visit to Coney)...i was impressed - a fun park, very peaceful.....i probably saw you, my girlfriend and i rode the ferris wheel twice in a row (we were the only ones on the first cycle; the second cycle a lot of little kids got on and screamed every time they got to the top)....

i can verify that most of the stuff at the vendor booths was very expensive, at least in my opinion - but there was some really cool stuff....i might have to visit the park sometime later in the season when more than half the park is open...i was disappointed at first because our visit was unplanned, so i was not aware that Summerfair was going on (saw the signs when i arrived, but still had no idea half the park was closed) and the only way I found out was AFTER i paid for tickets, i saw a sign with the list of closed rides....not complaining though; free parking and discounted ride tickets pretty much evened out with the cost of Summerfair....

What time did you ride the Ferris Wheel on Saturday? You likely did see me. If you rode it any time after 3:45, I was likely the one operating the stick and controlling the ride, as we were a little short staffed, so I was working the ride with a first year who had never operated the Ferris Wheel before.

If you come back to Coney later this year, give me a heads up when you go.