Strategy To Ride

Jasper

Does anyone have a plan they follow to get all the rides in one day?

Heres Mine. Sprint to Firehawk.

On to FOF

Then Head To Action Zone and hit up Invertigo and Delirium.

Then ride Son of Beast and Flight Deck.

Head over to Coney Mall and and hit up Racers.

Vortex after that.

Then if the line is somewhat short ride BLSC.

Then The Beast.

Last but not least ride Drop Tower.

Sometimes this strategy works other days it does not. Share you strategies to ride all the rides.

Run to SOB when gates Drop

Move quickly to Drop Zone

Then move quickly to Face/off

By now Delirium will have a line (Ride if que is only half full)

Now it's about 11:30 and the lines are kind of long at this point.

Ride Adventure Express, Red Racer, Vortex, Then make your way over toward the Crypt.

If the line is just coming out of the cave ride (If it ques I would pass it and wait to ride later)

Take a lap on the Train and view the construction.

Walk over to Beast and check out the line

Go back to Action Zone and ride TopGun

Then make your way to Eiffel Tower and check out Firehawk, FOF, IJST line from up top.

Head toward X-Base or the Backside of Coney Mall.

B)

If you want to get in all the rides and avoid the crowed (for the most part) than do what i do...

First go to the back of the park and ride Crypt and Beast.

Than go to Vortex and Shake,Rattle, and Roll.

After that go to The Racer, next... Adventure Express and Viking Fury.

Take a break and get some nice views from The Eiffel Tower, maybe even grab a snack.

Its now around noon.

Now you go to Action Zone and get stuck in the crowds...

First go to Delirium, than Invertigo, Drop Tower, and Flight Deck.

By now it's around 5pm. atleast...

Get a few amazing rides on Son of Beast (5 or 6)

Next i go to FoF, but on the way i get another ride on Adventure Express, after AE and FoF you go to Firehawk.

Its now night and that means one last ride on Vortex, and a last ride on The Beast!

Thats what i usually do.

Go on a weekday and ride whatever u want.

If u get there early Always hit the rides that queue up heavy first (Invertigo, Delirium, DT).

Head to X-Base. If u need a break from the heat hit FoF first, then FH.

Now on your way to RT check out Vortex and decide on the fly, continue past BSLC, and decide on the fly there too.

Now for Beast, Then Crypt (if line warrants)

Backtrack through Coney and hit whatever u missed including a couple trips on racer.

Maybe a stop at Viking Ship as you make your way to AZ.

Again depending on the heat and SoB's queue maybe hit FD first for a nice walk on to cool off.

SoB (only because u never know how much longer it will be around)

Always try to mix in a night ride on beast. BLSC is also decent for a night ride.

As always throughout the day, gauge the crowds/lines and try to mix in a couple flat rides!

I know it sounds like a ot of backtracking but for a normal volume day it seems to work out nice. I'd rather walk to a shorter queue than enjoy my neighbors on a mid-July afternoon!

Get in the car with my daughter, go to the park. Enter the park, ask my daughter what she wants to ride. If it is some thing that I will ride, get in line. If it is some thing that I will not ride, find a bench and wait. If we miss any thing, we try it next time. This works great, because we never rush and have a nice and relaxed time.

Guest TombraiderTy

Head for Firehawk first thing, common sense there. Follow-up with Firehawk, than move West towards Action Zone. Ride Delirium, Son of Beast, Flight Deck, Drop Tower, and Invertigo, in that order. It's at least 11:30 by this time. Get an early lunch nearby.

Move through International Street and into Rivertown. Ride The Crypt, The Beast, Backlot Stunt Coaster, than Vortex. Move down to Racer. From here, you have hit all major rides and attraction. So just have repeats and hit the minor rides.

I used to have it all figured out years ago, but now I'm not so sure. I never used to have to hit the kiddie area, or boomerang bay, but now with three kids...it's not a choice. So I guess what I would like to know is when is the best time of day to hit the kiddie land, and when is the best time of day to hit Boomerang Bay?

Also, every single time I'm in Action Zone, it's absolute chaos! I miss the old days of the Top Gun and King Cobra :) Does anyone have a good time to hit that area? Or is there not one! LOL!

I used to have it all figured out years ago, but now I'm not so sure. I never used to have to hit the kiddie area, or boomerang bay, but now with three kids...it's not a choice. So I guess what I would like to know is when is the best time of day to hit the kiddie land, and when is the best time of day to hit Boomerang Bay?

Also, every single time I'm in Action Zone, it's absolute chaos! I miss the old days of the Top Gun and King Cobra :) Does anyone have a good time to hit that area? Or is there not one! LOL!

If you're close enough to the park, Monday nights are great. Light crowds and lots of walk on rides. Then I would recommend watching the fireworks from the Tower. You can usually walk right up to the rail. Your kids will love it!!! As for BB, I don't really know. The only times I can get there during the day are on weekends, when its always packed.

<< big Jm J. Bullock fan...love your work!

Well I am not that big of a Bullock fan, although "Too Close for Comfort" was a good show and I think it was because of him and Ted Knight. I used to sing Bill Monroe and other Blue Grass songs on the front porch with a pilot friend of my fathers named Monroe Charles Bingum. You had to call him by his full name or he would not answer you, he was from Louisiana. The sing a longs became vary popular with the neighbors, and every one started calling me "Little Monroe". This was well before 1970, so Bullock had nothing to do with it. This was our favorite song.

I know KI enough that I more or less just stroll around the park and let it happen. I don't feel to horrible if I miss something because unless its a new ride, I've ridden it. Plus, excluding KIC Day, my past trips were with people who aren't into coasters and such like I am.

However, when I go to ther parks of which I have not visited before, I always get on their fan forums and ask for a strategy. It's worked for three years now on our schools band trip during which we have visited 3 seperate SF parks. (SFGAm, SFoG, SFStl)

My particular pattern is as follows.

1. Beast walkback. If there are people flooding in, I move on, and if not, I'll spend about an hour there.

2. If line is short, Backlot Stunt Coaster.

3. Check X-Base for lines. If present, head to The Racer for a while.

4. Son of Beast and then Flight Deck.

5. Stunt Crew Grill.

6. Adventure Express and Racer.

7. Again, check X-Base for lines.

8. Check Vortex for a line.

9. Beast again.

10. Down through Rivertown to Nickelodeon Universe and ride Beastie and Scoob.

11. Double back to Beast.

12. Wander around aimlessly deciding which rides to ride by the line length and personal mood.

13. At an hour to half an hour before closing (depending on crowd size), ride SOB, then Racer, and then head to The Beast with the ultimate goal being to get the last train of the night. Incedently, the lines close early on 10:00 closes these days courtesy of Cedar Fair. The Beast calls earlier now. It isn't like it used to be where you just needed to be in line by close and they would start up after the fireworks for the last rides. They make sure to cycle out by 9:55. This creates a timing issue for me that I still haven't quite worked out. But I WILL NOT be embarassed by ending the night on Flight Deck again. That was worse than the night I ended on Zephyr. Whether Beast or not, the last ride of the night MUST be wooden for me.

I generally go clockwise counterclockwise through the park, with emphasis on rollercoasters (very few flat rides).

I start at Action Zone with Delirium and Drop Tower. Then ride Invertigo and SOB. Sometimes (like yesterdays visit) I ride skycoaster if its on special pricing.

I then ride flight deck. After that I go and ride Adventure Express and go to coney mall. play a game or two, ride the zephyr and monster and ride The Racers.

Then I eat subway and head to FOF and Firehawk. After those few hours on those 2 rides I head to BLSC and Vortex.

Then its about dinner and head to wings or whatever I feel like. I then go to boomerang bay for an 1hour+ and ride the lazy river and swim a little in the wave pool. I then go around and re-ride somethings and at about 9:45 get inline for The Beast and do the whole night ride thing.

I generally go counterclockwise through the park, with emphasis on rollercoasters (very few flat rides).

I start at Action Zone with Delirium and Drop Tower. Then ride Invertigo and SOB. Sometimes (like yesterdays visit) I ride skycoaster if its on special pricing.

I then ride flight deck. After that I go and ride Adventure Express and go to coney mall. play a game or two, ride the zephyr and monster and ride The Racers.

Then I eat subway and head to FOF and Firehawk. After those few hours on those 2 rides I head to BLSC and Vortex.

Then its about dinner and head to wings or whatever I feel like. I then go to boomerang bay for an 1hour+ and ride the lazy river and swim a little in the wave pool. I then go around and re-ride somethings and at about 9:45 get inline for The Beast and do the whole night ride thing.

that would be going clockwise throu the park, wouldn't it?

I generally go counterclockwise through the park, with emphasis on rollercoasters (very few flat rides).

that would be going clockwise throu the park, wouldn't it?

lol. Sorry, I go Clockwise through the park.

lol