Great trip on Saturday May 31

CrazyKay07

Saturday I made my first visit to the park with my family, which included mom, dad, older sister, and my nephew Jackson, who is 3. It was also the first time I had been a gold season pass holder in 3 years, so I am excited because I know I will be at the park a lot this year.

We got there at about 11am where I went through processing and waited no more than 10 minutes. From there we were on a way in the park. While waiting in the processing line, my sister bought a ticket from someone in the Appalachian Fuels group, and she was able to get free 20oz. soft drinks all day and that really helped the family out!

We started our day on Firehawk where waited 20 minutes. It was a great ride as always. Jackson was getting very impatient at this point. He already played the $1 skeeball twice, but he was ready to ride. Mom and dad took him to Nick Universe at this point and me and my sister continued to ride.

After a stop to the restroom and to get some free pop, the family officially separated. It was about 1pm then so we made our way to Vortex where we waited about 10 minutes, and we rode in the second row. It was a pretty smooth ride, but it did have some rough spots. Our picture was great haha!

From there we rode BLSC in the front! We waited about 10 mins. for this too. Then we were going to the ride the Crypt but it was closed all day, so we rode The Beast instead. It was pretty much a walk on. We rode in the front seat where we actually waited. It was probably about 15 mins. total. It was great ride as usual! I was scared though because since the cicadas were out, I figured they would be out there in the trees trying to attack the coaster or something, but it was fine. Those things were everywhere though.

From there I stopped to get an icee mix up cup...bad decision. I don't know exactly where I can refill that thing. I stopped at Subway where I experienced a very rude employee. I understand that this may be a summer job, but there is no reason why you can just treat the job that way. I know what it feels like but I know how to talk to customers/patrons which is why I still have my job after 3 years at the age of 19 now.

After a stop to get some fries, we went to find the rest of the family at NickU. Jackson was riding the swings for the second time and then he rode the bumper cars for the second time as well. I ate some ice cream while I waited for him to get off the Little Bill's coaster. Then dad, mom and I rode Avatar in the back row which is a very different sensation from the middle. My mom was screaming and it was funny, and fun. Jackson rode the three Dora and Diego rides behind Avatar while we rode. Finally we rode SDATHC for the second time for Jackson and we left that area.

I think when we left the time was 3:30pm so we stopped at Larosa's. After that we walked through Action Zone and we baby swapped for Adventure Express because we always ride that ride together. Then walked back to Coney Mall where Jackson was able to ride Monster and the Scrambler. The mom and dad rode BLSC. Our last ride was the train, which Jackson loves! He always call it Thomas the train.

We left at about 7pm and we were exhausted. The weather was beautiful though and the park wasn't too crowded. We were able to ride everything we wanted and never waited more than 10 minutes. We just didn't ride much in Action Zone though, but it didn't matter because we wanted to make sure Jackson had fun, because he has been asking to go to KI since the commercials started to appear on tv. He had a lot of fun and today is asked if we were going again. If you saw a little boy throwing a Scooby doll around at the front entrance at about 7pm, then you saw us.

Thanks for reading!

Keshia

CrazyKay,

Your trip report is very nice. Please clarify when you say it was your first trip with your family. Do you mean the first ever or just the first of the season?

Also, did you ride La Adventura de Azul - which your nephew refers to as Thomas?

Best regards,

Italian Chef

It was our first trip this year. Sorry if that was made clear enough.

Also, my nephew refers to both the La Adventura de Azul and the KI/Miami Valley RR as Thomas. More so the Azul though. It was KIMVRR that was our last ride of that day.

Keshia

Saturday I made my first visit to the park with my family, which included mom, dad, older sister, and my nephew Jackson, who is 3. It was also the first time I had been a gold season pass holder in 3 years, so I am excited because I know I will be at the park a lot this year.

We got there at about 11am where I went through processing and waited no more than 10 minutes. From there we were on a way in the park. While waiting in the processing line, my sister bought a ticket from someone in the Appalachian Fuels group, and she was able to get free 20oz. soft drinks all day and that really helped the family out!

We started our day on Firehawk where waited 20 minutes. It was a great ride as always. Jackson was getting very impatient at this point. He already played the $1 skeeball twice, but he was ready to ride. Mom and dad took him to Nick Universe at this point and me and my sister continued to ride.

After a stop to the restroom and to get some free pop, the family officially separated. It was about 1pm then so we made our way to Vortex where we waited about 10 minutes, and we rode in the second row. It was a pretty smooth ride, but it did have some rough spots. Our picture was great haha!

From there we rode BLSC in the front! We waited about 10 mins. for this too. Then we were going to the ride the Crypt but it was closed all day, so we rode The Beast instead. It was pretty much a walk on. We rode in the front seat where we actually waited. It was probably about 15 mins. total. It was great ride as usual! I was scared though because since the cicadas were out, I figured they would be out there in the trees trying to attack the coaster or something, but it was fine. Those things were everywhere though.

From there I stopped to get an icee mix up cup...bad decision. I don't know exactly where I can refill that thing. I stopped at Subway where I experienced a very rude employee. I understand that this may be a summer job, but there is no reason why you can just treat the job that way. I know what it feels like but I know how to talk to customers/patrons which is why I still have my job after 3 years at the age of 19 now.

After a stop to get some fries, we went to find the rest of the family at NickU. Jackson was riding the swings for the second time and then he rode the bumper cars for the second time as well. I ate some ice cream while I waited for him to get off the Little Bill's coaster. Then dad, mom and I rode Avatar in the back row which is a very different sensation from the middle. My mom was screaming and it was funny, and fun. Jackson rode the three Dora and Diego rides behind Avatar while we rode. Finally we rode SDATHC for the second time for Jackson and we left that area.

I think when we left the time was 3:30pm so we stopped at Larosa's. After that we walked through Action Zone and we baby swapped for Adventure Express because we always ride that ride together. Then walked back to Coney Mall where Jackson was able to ride Monster and the Scrambler. The mom and dad rode BLSC. Our last ride was the train, which Jackson loves! He always call it Thomas the train.

We left at about 7pm and we were exhausted. The weather was beautiful though and the park wasn't too crowded. We were able to ride everything we wanted and never waited more than 10 minutes. We just didn't ride much in Action Zone though, but it didn't matter because we wanted to make sure Jackson had fun, because he has been asking to go to KI since the commercials started to appear on tv. He had a lot of fun and today is asked if we were going again. If you saw a little boy throwing a Scooby doll around at the front entrance at about 7pm, then you saw us.

Thanks for reading!

Keshia

I'm suprised to hear that the park wasn't too crowded on Saturday.

I have typically avoided Sat/Sun during June thru August for fear of the lines being way too long.