6/13/08

kiruler102

i am going to coney island on the 13 of june for a picnic with cengage learning and was wondering wat rides will probably be open and if they expect a large crowd there but usually it is not too busy on that day but wasnt for sure thanks,

DUSTIN

Dustin, you might want to call the park and ask them if they expect any large groups that day. Other than that and weather, predicting crowds on any given day is very hard. And knowing what rides will be open is next to impossible, as each ride gets its own safety check each morning...and anything can happen. Your safety is paramount at Coney Island, too!

Seeing as how you will be visiting on a Friday (Friday the 13th no less), crowds shouldn`t be too bad. I know that there will be several corporate picnics at Coney this Saturday and Sunday, but they are not that large. (A couple thousand people both days this weekend for corporate picnics).

And yes, its hard to say what rides will not be operating that far in advance. The Eurobungy Dome, Super Slide and Pepsi Python were all down this past Sunday. The first two that I mentioned might be back in operation for this upcoming weekend, but am not sure if they will be ready yet. I would not expect the Python to be open this weekend. As always, rides are subject to go down for maintenance issues and weather conditions. And with a chance of thunderstorms this Saturday, there could be some weather related closures if storms do develop and roll through.

Well, Dustin, I hope you have fun at Coney this Friday the 13th! I will not be there that day, as I only work on the weekends. (I work doubles both days this weekend). Based on the weather forecast, you should be good for the morning and early afternoon. However, the late afternoon and early evening forecast does not bode well. If there happens to be lightening in the area, Sunlite Pool, the water slides, Bumper and Pedal Boats, the Python, Rock O Planes, Round Up, Ferris Wheel, River Runner, Round Up, and Scream Machine will close due to weather conditions. Most of the other rides should remain operation, unless their is A) lots of lightening in the immediate area, B) lots of heavy rain, of C)all of the above.

I`m also not sure if the Eurobungy Dome or Super Slide will be open for your visit on Friday. I know that these two rides are getting close to being open, but am not certain of the timing of when they will be ready for the year.

ya it was pretty good day. got there at 1 rode a few ride like the scream machine

the trabant

flying bobs

and dodgems

ate dinner at the pavillion then it poured rain for at least an hour

when it stopped or slowed down a little i rode

tilt a whirl

scream machine

scrambler

tempest

river runner

motor boats

scream machine