The Crypt Review

beastrider97

Well I just rode the Crypt Friday. And I am sad to say that it stunk. I never rode Tomb Raider but I knew all about it. So I got in line with my dad and immediatly were in the preshow room. I have to say the line was very dark (this is the company that turned on all lights in FoF's line). The themeing was nice from what I saw but I didn't look at too much. So I got in the ride I saw were the goddess statue stood. I sat down and buckeled in. The ride started.

RIDE REVIEW

Okay, the program was VERY boring for me. The ride is a ride in a box. On one of the backflips my dad hurt his back. When it ended I was Very dissappointed. I was expecting so much more. So I have to say I'll only ride this if the line is immediatly to the showroom and I'm with a friend. This is now, in my opinion, the third ride Kings Island could tear down for more space for new rides. (The others are Top Gun and Son of Beast.) I'll make a trip review when I can.

Wow. For someone who had never ridden Tomb Raider that's a pretty harsh review. If you had never ridden Tomb Raider, what exactly disappointed you? How could you honestly compare The Crypt to Tomb Raider? How much more did you want from the ride? CF has to take into account that while there are probably people who can take a longer, more intense ride, the sane thing to do is to keep it relatively short. I could see if the ride went on for 5 minutes or more that some out there would love it, but the general public might have issues.

I have to say i couldn't disagree with you more.

Yes tomb raider had top notch themeing and it was a pretty cool ride.

But still when it was out people had complained about how short it was and how it lacked intensity.

riding the crypt goes to show that you dont need high class themeing to have an exciting ride.

people want rides that are intense, the crypt definantly fits in that category.

Needless to say though that the themeing really isn't that bad when your in there.

Im just thinking your very hard to please.

Lets just build a 500 foot tall log flume with 6 inversions and a dinosaur thats trying to eat you and lets call it a day.

Well I just rode the Crypt Friday. And I am sad to say that it stunk. I never rode Tomb Raider but I knew all about it. So I got in line with my dad and immediatly were in the preshow room. I have to say the line was very dark (this is the company that turned on all lights in FoF's line). The themeing was nice from what I saw but I didn't look at too much. So I got in the ride I saw were the goddess statue stood. I sat down and buckeled in. The ride started.

RIDE REVIEW

Okay, the program was VERY boring for me. The ride is a ride in a box. On one of the backflips my dad hurt his back. When it ended I was Very dissappointed. I was expecting so much more. So I have to say I'll only ride this if the line is immediatly to the showroom and I'm with a friend. This is now, in my opinion, the third ride Kings Island could tear down for more space for new rides. (The others are Top Gun and Son of Beast.) I'll make a trip review when I can.

I agree totally agree with you. I rode Tomb Raider and everyone in my group did I was the only one who knew they changed it I like Tomb Raider was faster at flipping and the flips were more intense on tomb Raider now it feels like we it's like the Viking Fury but it flips all the way around. I did have to say the highlight of the Crypt was the triple flip. But the group agreed Tomb Raider was better.

Wow. For someone who had never ridden Tomb Raider that's a pretty harsh review. If you had never ridden Tomb Raider, what exactly disappointed you? How could you honestly compare The Crypt to Tomb Raider? How much more did you want from the ride? CF has to take into account that while there are probably people who can take a longer, more intense ride, the sane thing to do is to keep it relatively short. I could see if the ride went on for 5 minutes or more that some out there would love it, but the general public might have issues.

I was expecting a more thrilling ride. I agree with skywriter that it's like a viking fury with some flips.

I was expecting a more thrilling ride. I agree with skywriter that it's like a viking fury with some flips.

Thanks beastrider I mean I liked it better when there was Tomb Raider atleast there was somewhat of a story line. Now it's like were going into some cave in the middle of nowhere and riding this big giant ride hell all you would have to do is put a Huss Top Spin in Mammoth cave in Kentucky and it would have a better story line.

It sure would. If you put a Huss Giant Top Spin in Mammoth Cave, the environmentalists would be sure you had a great time! There'd be fire, ice, etc. :)

Terpy, only half kidding (did you know that many, many years ago they used to cook with stoves in Mammoth Cave and the resulting smoke was depositing soot on the formations and causing them to die?)

I don't understand everyone's fascination with a ride that jerked you around, had you face the ceiling, then held you over forward, and then jerked some more. The new version with the double and triple flips is SO much better. Though I have to say, the beginning and the end of Tomb Raider I liked better. Beginning, the way it moved up forward and then unlocked so that you rocked back and forth. Ending...coming down in a more graceful way that wasn't as rough at the bottom. After all, what's up with the lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock thing anyway?

Overall, though, I'm more than pleased. As for more thrilling things, you're asking a lot from a giant top spin in a box! Though a quadrouple or quintroople, or on up, flip would work wonders too. I'm not sure if the giant ones can do it, but I've seen normal top spins that operate that way. flip over and over and over and over and over and over ... That would be amazing!

Does anyone know if the other Crypts are using the same program as ours? Would be interesting to find out.

I understand there are other rides that were called Tomb Raider that have been renamed The Crypt, but isn't KI's the only model of its kind?