Coaster Mania 2008 PTR!

DropZone99

I left home a little late, around 4pm. We got to the park at 9pm. and bought a Twilight ticket (which was not worth $30) All i got in was Raptor (walk on) and Millennium Force (10min.) I only got about 2hours of sleep at Hotel Breakers Express, and woke up at 4am. I got to the park a little after 5am. After getting out free hoodies, cups, and our badge with the schedule we (me and gnarkiller) went to Raptor.

CedarPoint021.jpg

Such an amazing invert

CedarPoint024.jpg

My favorite part is the loop

CedarPoint032.jpg

TTD through Power Tower

CedarPoint028.jpg

I like this building

CedarPoint004.jpg

This was the next eight rides i rode (in a row!)

CedarPoint011.jpg

So tall

CedarPoint002.jpg

So fast

CedarPoint041.jpg

So amazing!

CedarPoint045.jpg

Its my new #1

CedarPoint036.jpg

Sorry, no rides for you today...

CedarPoint039.jpg

Ill ride you later.

CedarPoint047.jpg

But it's time for some Maverick!

CedarPoint003.jpg

Only bad part of the ride

CedarPoint009.jpg

I love the double horse shoe roll

CedarPoint019.jpg

This Maybe the best part..?

CedarPoint023.jpg

They have no clue, but they are about the be in pain...

CedarPoint026.jpg

This one came out bad

CedarPoint001.jpg

The park is about to open back up, ill go to TTD

CedarPoint015.jpg

I absolutely love this ride!

CedarPoint046.jpg

What an amazing structure

CedarPoint043.jpg

This was next

CedarPoint043.jpg

Mantis is good until the MCB's

CedarPoint049.jpg

Diving loop, through the trees!

CedarPoint007.jpg

Loop, between the trees!

CedarPoint014.jpg

All B&M's should have inclined loops

CedarPoint034.jpg

On my way to Milly is got caught by Indians and they put me in this thing

CedarPoint050.jpg

I see you!

CedarPoint006.jpg

Okay ride, roughest wooden coaster ive ever ridden though.

CedarPoint010.jpg

I wanted some airtime so i rode this in the back seat!

CedarPoint020.jpg

MaXair has a short wait, so we went to it

CedarPoint005.jpg

CedarPoint027.jpg

Next was Wicked Twister, but i forgot to take pics of it... instead, here is 2 nice pics of Power Tower!

CedarPoint017.jpg

Speaking of Drop Rides, i love Demon Drop!

CedarPoint031.jpg

Theres that Mantis again...

CedarPoint030.jpg

By now it was over 90º so i was going to go on SRF but it was broken

CedarPoint035.jpg

Corkscrew was closed

CedarPoint042.jpg

Oh well, i already have that credit

CedarPoint013.jpg

Paddle Wheel Excursions was relaxing but i couldn't stop laughing about how fake every thing was

CedarPoint016.jpg

Next was Cedar Creek Mine Ride

For this period of time my camera was in a locker and so there was no pics...

CedarPoint018.jpg

I love this picture

CedarPoint022.jpg

You can see Corkscrew's train, it's the giant blur

CedarPoint040.jpg

It's now time for some more ERT!

CedarPoint037.jpg

And so we rode Top-less Dragster!

CedarPoint033.jpg

No wait either!

CedarPoint029.jpg

I took the most pictures of TTD than anyother ride

CedarPoint025.jpg

I can't help it, it's so beatiful!

CedarPoint048.jpg

Last one, i swear!

Thats all the pics i took, but here is a quick overview

I rode every coaster (except Wildcat & Corkscrew) atleast once

Raptor-9

TTD-6

Wicked Twister-2

Disaster Transport-1

Iron Dragon-1

Blue Streak-1

Mantis-3

Millennium Force-19

Maverick-6

Mean Streak-1

Gemini-3

Magnum- 7

Woodstock Express-1 (this was better than IJST)

Jr. Gemini- 1

Mine Ride-1

Plus most of the other rides!

I met up with a member of KICentral and that was awesome! I had Johny Rockets and a taco. To sum it all up, i had the greatest day ever, and i can't wait for next years Coaster Mania!

Thanks for all the replies, and next year i will get a platinum pass. It wasn't worth $30 for 1 ride on Raptor and 1 ride on Millennium Force... But $12 (coaster fanatics premium membership) was worth it, i got...

-free hoodie

-6 1/2 extra hours

-ERT

-free unlimited Pepsi

-free meal

-Q&A

-free nachos at late ERT

-and the best day ever!

CedarPoint006.jpg

I hear a lot of people say that but I was kind of disappointed with my ride on Mean Streak last year. It was kind of slow and not rough.

Great report though. Awesome pictures. My personal favorite was TTD inside of Power Tower. It would've been even better if you could have also gotten the top of Power Tower in the shot but still really sweet.

CedarPoint032.jpg

TTD through Power Tower

CedarPoint006.jpg

I hear a lot of people say that but I was kind of disappointed with my ride on Mean Streak last year. It was kind of slow and not rough.

Great report though. Awesome pictures. My personal favorite was TTD inside of Power Tower. It would've been even better if you could have also gotten the top of Power Tower in the shot but still really sweet.

CedarPoint032.jpg

TTD through Power Tower

Most people say SOB is rougher, but i don't think SOB is rough. And about the TTD&PT pic, i took this during ERT around 5:45am. and Power Tower/Top Thrill Dragster didn't open until 9am.

Was also at Coastermania for first time and it was a blast. I would have ridden more but for the extreme heat.

I also met Dick Kinzel and he was a super nice guy.

Did he give you the exclusive Cedar Fair edition collector's nickel?

Was also at Coastermania for first time and it was a blast. I would have ridden more but for the extreme heat.

Mr. Kinzel prefers that guests give him their nickels...though, to be fair, I hear that group that day got free Pepsi, a hoodie and other trinkets and tidbits!

Just be aware that many of the coasters are very tight fits for "guests of exceptional size." If you have trouble riding Back Lot Stunt Coaster, there are likely several rides at Cedar Point you may not fit at all: Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force and Wicked Twister come immediately to mind....

I have no trouble riding anything, its my wife that does. I can honestly say I've never had to make the "walk of shame". I've already hears about how unforgiving Cedar Point is, so thats why we are waiting till next year to plan a visit

Mr. Kinzel prefers that guests give him their nickels...though, to be fair, I hear that group that day got free Pepsi, a hoodie and other trinkets and tidbits!

No, he didn't give me the collector's nickel (whatever that is. )I found him to be really a regular guy. For example, after I introduced myself, he didn't introduce himself as Dick Kinzel or Mr. Kinzel but he responded, "Hi, I'm Dick. "

I have no trouble riding anything, its my wife that does. I can honestly say I've never had to make the "walk of shame". I've already hears about how unforgiving Cedar Point is, so thats why we are waiting till next year to plan a visit

Some goals:

Guests of Exceptional Size

All passenger restraint systems, including lap bars, shoulder harnesses and seatbelts, must be positioned, fastened and tightened to allow guests to ride.

Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests of exceptional size may not be accommodated on some of our rides. This may apply, but not be limited to, males who exceed 6'2", and those who exceed 225 pounds, have a 40" waistline or 52" chest or females who exceed 200 pounds or wear size 18 or larger. Each person has different body proportions, so it is impossible to determine exact size and weight.

Our larger guests may experience difficulty on Blue Streak, Chaos, Corkscrew, Disaster Transport, Mantis, Maverick, maXair, Mean Streak, Millennium Force, Mine Ride, Power Tower, Raptor, Skyhawk, Wave Swinger, Wicked Twister and Top Thrill Dragster.

Maximum recommended weight limits are posted on Camp Snoopy rides, Chaos, Monster, Planet Snoopy rides, Scrambler, Skyscraper, Super Himalaya, Troika, Wave Swinger, RipCord and most Soak City attractions.

You may enter the ride via the exit to ensure the restraints function properly prior to waiting in line. We have test seats at Maverick, maXair, Millennium Force, Raptor, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/visit/tips.cfm#size

Great pics beaver! I hope you guys had a good time. I'll post a trip report when I get a chance, (heat wave in indy)working 12 hr days. Since you took care of the coaster pics so very well, I'll post some pics from elsewheres. Where were you guys at when the storm blew through? I think this cut down even more on people in the park. TTD ert walk on! Magnum rode 5 times in a row, and only changed seats once! Can't wait to tell tou the whole story.

Sean

Some goals:

Guests of Exceptional Size

All passenger restraint systems, including lap bars, shoulder harnesses and seatbelts, must be positioned, fastened and tightened to allow guests to ride.

Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests of exceptional size may not be accommodated on some of our rides. This may apply, but not be limited to, males who exceed 6'2", and those who exceed 225 pounds, have a 40" waistline or 52" chest or females who exceed 200 pounds or wear size 18 or larger. Each person has different body proportions, so it is impossible to determine exact size and weight.

Our larger guests may experience difficulty on Blue Streak, Chaos, Corkscrew, Disaster Transport, Mantis, Maverick, maXair, Mean Streak, Millennium Force, Mine Ride, Power Tower, Raptor, Skyhawk, Wave Swinger, Wicked Twister and Top Thrill Dragster.

Maximum recommended weight limits are posted on Camp Snoopy rides, Chaos, Monster, Planet Snoopy rides, Scrambler, Skyscraper, Super Himalaya, Troika, Wave Swinger, RipCord and most Soak City attractions.

You may enter the ride via the exit to ensure the restraints function properly prior to waiting in line. We have test seats at Maverick, maXair, Millennium Force, Raptor, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/visit/tips.cfm#size

I fit most of those categories. I can ride everything at KI, but will I be shut out at CP? According to that, I would, but I've ridden things up there when I've been bigger.

When? As I have posted many times in the past, over the past five or six years, the size of rider who can ride Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force, in particular, has decreased. Put another way, the restraints have become less accommodating since incidents on other INTAMIN rides in the Northeast and in California....

Also note this sentence from the quoted portion:

...Each person has different body proportions, so it is impossible to determine exact size and weight....

Truer words were never written.

Where are the INTAMIN coasters at KI? Parks in Ohio MUST follow manufacturers' recommendations, which INTAMIN has greatly strengthened since their previous incidents. MF will no longer accommodate many riders who rode it with no difficulties in its opening season. The same is true of Top Thrill Dragster.