Chicago's Navy Pier

It's always been a tradition of my family that when ever we went to Chicago (to visit relatives) we'd eat at Ed Debevic's (a 50's/60's theme restaurant).

I would also suggest going to the top of the Sears Tower if you never have and the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier like MarketingExpress has stated.

You could also try to schedule it around a Reds game up there if you're a fan. I have been to a couple Reds/Cubs games at Wrigley.

And don`t forget about the awesome collections of buildings that reside in Chicago! From the John Hancock Building, to the Sears Tower, known for their height, to the Monadnock Block, the tallest masonry load bearing building ever built (the walls on that are about five feet thick at the base)!

Pizza at Giordanos is definitely a good place to eat. There is also the Billy Goat Tavern, made famous by SNL and its "Cheeseborger, cheeseborger, cheeseborger" skits.

Superdawg is a very good hot dog joint there as well. Here's their site http://www.superdawg.com/ Very old school and you even get cute little boxes that your dog and fries are delivered in.

When I went last year we were trying out as many hot dog places as we could. I think we had 5 different hot dog meals and all were great and unique.

Next time will need to be a pizza trip.

Also, the Museum of Art is excellent. You can get lost in that place, but it's a beautiful place to get lost in.