New Section Of Park

mikejenkins1

Anyone know if KI would consider starting a new area of the park? Open up some land in the old safari area or is that area off limits? It would be nice to see them expand a little bit. As I have said in past, I would love to see a Lost KI area like the Lost Kennywood area. Put in some regened flats from the past and such.......

is there enough room for a totally new park? if Cedar Fair wanst to raise more money sell a sepaerate ticket to a new park instead of charging to get into Bomerang bay like Screamscape is reporting that would keep people there for 2 maybe 3 days thats all just an idea if theres room

• Like 1

Anyone know if KI would consider starting a new area of the park? Open up some land in the old safari area or is that area off limits? It would be nice to see them expand a little bit. As I have said in past, I would love to see a Lost KI area like the Lost Kennywood area. Put in some regened flats from the past and such.......

From what I know, the old Safari Area is now occupied by Flight Deck and Son of Beast. http://www.coastergallery.com/2000/pki68.html

Kings Island seemed Pretty boxed-in when I went. The only "New Section" expansion options I saw were X-Base, Removing the Crypt, and Removing Boomerang Bay. X-Base seems to have a Boatload of potential, (Cough B&M Floorless Cough), but those Ass ugly sheds have got to go. And my ride on The Beast and Snowy River Rampage Showed me that it would be extremely difficult to build back there.

is there enough room for a totally new park? if Cedar Fair wanst to raise more money sell a sepaerate ticket to a new park instead of charging to get into Bomerang bay like Screamscape is reporting that would keep people there for 2 maybe 3 days thats all just an idea if theres room

Well, in a word...no. I don't see a separate charge for BB until there is somewhere to stay on KI property. And no, GWL doesn't count. I mean something owned and operated by KI. Something within walking distance(which would leave out the KI INN).

It would be difficult to build on a lot of the undeveloped land that KI has. Back behind X-Base, the land isn`t exactly level. They did some fairly significant leveling to the Firehawk site to make it level.

On the subject of Boomerang Bay as a separate gate. I could see them attempting to do that. However, just like with the discussions of making Halloween Haunt an upcharge attraction this year again (which it will not be), it will be a hard sell to the local public. You can`t very easily tell the public that a water park that has been included with park admission for 19 years, is all of a sudden going to not be included with park admission or season passes unless you buy a premium ticket or season pass. Like KIBeast mentioned, I think it is highly unlikely that Boomerang Bay would become a separate gate until (and if) Cedar Fair built an on property hotel. And as far as I can tell, they have no immediate plans for building an on property hotel at Kings Island. (Although, the deep south overflow grass parking area could make a prime location for a new hotel).

• 3 weeks later...

From what I know, the old Safari Area is now occupied by Flight Deck and Son of Beast. http://www.coastergallery.com/2000/pki68.html

Kings Island seemed Pretty boxed-in when I went. The only "New Section" expansion options I saw were X-Base, Removing the Crypt, and Removing Boomerang Bay. X-Base seems to have a Boatload of potential, (Cough B&M Floorless Cough), but those Ass ugly sheds have got to go. And my ride on The Beast and Snowy River Rampage Showed me that it would be extremely difficult to build back there.

You'd better rethink that one unless you want the coasters to go into disrepair. Also, they aren't that ugly since the new paint jobs.

If they would put a bathroom in the X-Base, why not call it a new area of the park now? I haven't heard anyone refer to it as an extension of Coney Mall for a long time (since Firehawk actually). Everyone just calls it X-Base, so just call it a new area. :)

Hmmm. I am reminded of a favorite Abraham Lincoln story. He would gently ask his visitor, "If you call a sheep's tail a leg, how many legs does a sheep have?" The visitor would invariably reply, "Five." And Abraham (ever notice no one ever calls him that?) would gently shake his head no, saying "Four. You can call it whatever you like, but the tail remains a tail, not a leg."

Hmmm. I am reminded of a favorite Abraham Lincoln story. He would gently ask his visitor, "If you call a sheep's tail a leg, how many legs does a sheep have?" The visitor would invariably reply, "Five." And Abraham (ever notice no one ever calls him that?) would gently shake his head no, saying "Four. You can call it whatever you like, but the tail remains a tail, not a leg."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Leave it to honest Abe to impart wisdom... (with conveyance through The Interpreter of course)

Problem being, a hotel being built would be a major expansion and there would be many whiny people complaining that CF didn't give them much of anything new for that year, much like this year. Of course, they don't count all of the new shows, the new TR program, or any of the excellent extras that they have come up with like the Kaptain Knieval jump or the coming high wire act.

I could not agree more, I really like entertainment and special events which is why I have always enjoyed going to Disney. I got my season pass last fall but held off getting the three additional that I normal get because last year we only went 3 times but equally I have been more and more discouraged from the Gold Pass Perks. So this year I’m still a little discouraged about the Perks but I have been extremely pleased with the special events at the park. If Kings Island continues to hold these types of events I will be happy to purchase our season pass’s omatter what the perks.

I wish!

mybanner486c178bd9f3cvv4.jpg