The Cicadas

FlyingEagle

Guest kwindshawne
Has anyone seen any blue eyed ones?

What is their purpose besides coming out every few years, singing for two weeks, reproducing and dying? Seems kinda pointless to me. I am just trying to figure out if they have a use besides being annoying.

Not trying to be a smart aleck, but what then is the purpose of humans, besides living seven decades, give or take, doing stuff, reproducing and dying? Seems rather pointless in the grand scheme of things...and I am sure to other species and life, we can be annoying! I mean this both philosophically and with a wee bit of sardonic humor.

Heh heh. Well, the purpose of humans is to destroy the earth-which we are doing a fine job. Of all the species on the planet, man is the only one that is not needed by the others-which to me is very humbling. Butterflies live, what, maybe two weeks? They are pretty at least-cicadas, yuk. I know they probably have some purpose, but somewhere I read (maybe here) that they are good eating for the birds; problem is, the birds don't know this. The last thing my grandfather said to me half hour before he went on life support was he couldn't figure out the fly's purpose-all they did was bother those poor cows. It still stumps me.

Enough of that-and yes, I didn't sleep well last night.

Ugh. Ughghghhggh!

I went the 9th as well, I believe I was one of those crazy girls swatting and screaming all day. It was my first time at KI so I'm not sure of my exact location, but the area with the trees on the way to Beast was incredibly covered with the buggers! I'm afraid of bugs that fly (even butterflies, especially moths), so I'm glad all of the lines were practically walk-ons or I'm sure I would have had a terrible time..

Did someone say they were dying off? Pardon my lack of sensitivity, but one hit the back of my seat on a coaster, I believe it was Flight Deck, and was spazzing out in my seat while I was stuck waiting for the train ahead of us to unload. Needless to say, I was freaked out!

KI itself was awesome, though. I'm excited to go back soon, sans cicadas:D

Guest kwindshawne
I have not seen the blue eyed cicadas. The kinda look alien to me.

Singing for two weeks, reproducing, and then dying...sounds pretty good to me. ;)

Hmm...I find this whole subject pretty amusing :lol:

Guest kwindshawne
Now we are getting into, "The Meaning of Life" discusion, which can be carried on forever. <_<

The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is 42.

Anyway, I would much rather deal with cicadas every 13 years than the love bugs in Florida every year.

Huh. Imagine that. I am 42-maybe that has some correlation. Would explain my philosophical ways of late.

Oscar Mike Golf.........I don't know why no one listens to me. We are just a small spec in this universe, that was created by a 14 year old boy from the planet Nevaeh. The planet is actually so large that his teacher had to look through a microscope to see Earth. Of course he got a D on it, he would have failed if it was not for the Cicadas. The teacher thought it was a hoot watching all the humans run for their lives.

• 12 years later...