Picnic Area

Kawana

I'm heading to KI next week for my union's day at KI. Lunch is provided for us and my question is who provides the food? Is it KI, or is my union responsible for feeding us? I am assuming the picnic grove near Nick U and Boomerang Bay is being used. Also, my ticket says that "drinks" are provided. Does this include alcohol? (some of the lushy types want to know) Thanks for the help.

Alcohol is not free. KI caters the meal and cooks it in house. Honestly the food is not that great, you can probably expect Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Potato Salad, and maybe ice cream. If you want hot food, I would get there as early as you can because the food just sits out until the container it's in is empty.

Don't tell me that picnic grove has gotten to be that bad.

That's very unfortuate.

the drinks will probally be free 20oz FOUNTAIN drinks when i went last week with a group they would not give me a Dasani water for free with the bracelet its a great deal!

So we will be getting the bracelets, though? I'm gonna crush them on drinks to make up for the fact that I didn't get one with my meal earlier this season.

No, it isn't....

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/groupsales...redOutings.html

Drink wristbands:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/groupsales...alOptions.html:

Drink wristbands

Drink wristbands are available for groups of 15 or more. They are redeemable for a 20oz soft drink, at any stand serving fountain drinks. Your drink wristband order must match the number of admission tickets order, or your meal guarantee number if you are having a catered event. Wristbands are non-refundable.

$5.50/person (plus tax)

So you think you are going to get a drink wristband AND a meal for ten dollars? I hope so for your sake, but I very much doubt it....The wristband alone is $5.50....

The meal prices for large groups are here:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/groupsales/menuOptions.html

They START at $11.25 a person. Are you sure Kings Island is catering the food? How large is the group?

Hmm. You may be right. My ticket states as follows...

Event Time 11:30am-4:30 pm

Bev Time 11:30-4:30

Meal Time 12:00 - 1:30

I've never been with a group before so I don't know what's going on..

I would assume our group is fairly large as it's the UFCW Local 1099 covering from at least Monroe up to Tipp City.