First ride at kings island?

Justin_M17

My questions have MANY possible answers, so I won't bother listing them all, just tell us :)

1. Your very first time entering Kings Island, whether it be the very first day the park was operated, or Opening Day '08 (Like me) What was the first ride you rode?

My answer - Adventure Express

2. Now that you've been to the park a few times, what is the ride you head to as soon as you get into the park?

My answer - Firehawk or SOB

I would've like to have ridden The Beast first, but the group I went with refused to ride anything bigger than Adventure Express... *Sigh*

For me, it would be a waste to ride Vortex first. Because whenever I go to KI I'm there at or before 9AM, so whatever ride I go for first, I will have relatively no line to wait through. So I gun it for the rides that have huge waiting times (SOB, FoF, Firehawk, etc). Vortex's line moves so quick I can ride that any time of the day and be in line for 20 minutes or less.

1. Umm, if I can remember back that far I would say my first ride might have been the Enchanted Voyage or some other equivalent ride in H-B Land.

2. Since I'm always right there I usually head for Invertigo as soon as I get to the park.

Gosh. I don`t remember. I was just six months old when my parents took me to Kings Island for the first time in the summer of 1985. I know that I had ridden The Beastie (now Fairly Odd Coaster) when I was two and a half in the summer of 1987.

I was terrified of coasters for a while. Until my friend took me to Kings Island one October day in 1995 when I was in the fifth grade. That was the day that I first experienced The Beast. The rest you can say is history! I now have worked at an amusement park for seven years as a ride operator (I`m working on weekends only down at Coney, say hi if you see me there!), and my architectural thesis is focusing on entertainment architecture and water park resorts. Who knew that amusement parks would become such a large factor in my life!

Gosh. I don`t remember. I was just six months old when my parents took me to Kings Island for the first time in the summer of 1985. I know that I had ridden The Beastie (now Fairly Odd Coaster) when I was two and a half in the summer of 1987.

I was terrified of coasters for a while. Until my friend took me to Kings Island one October day in 1995 when I was in the fifth grade. That was the day that I first experienced The Beast. The rest you can say is history! I now have worked at an amusement park for seven years as a ride operator (I`m working on weekends only down at Coney, say hi if you see me there!), and my architectural thesis is focusing on entertainment architecture and water park resorts. Who knew that amusement parks would become such a large factor in my life!

I was hoping to get on as a ride operator at KI this summer, but I don't have my license yet and it's quite a fair walk from Trenton to the park >.<

The only adult coaster that I have yet to ride this year is Firehawk. And I would have ridden it, except it went down due to weather conditions when we were next in line!

I always ride The Beast. Of all my visits to KI this year (11 so far), I`ve only not ridden The Beast one time, and that was the day of the Robbie jump.

First trip to KI was 1972. I was 3... I'm not sure what my first ride was, but the first one I remember was Scooby Doo (now known as Fairly Odd Coaster). I still have vague memories of my mother holding my hand while taking me on it. I remember being disappointed when I couldn't ride Racer......... Now, it's The Beast first and last.... I can't imagine starting a park visit without walking back there and doing that first, or leaving without the nighttime ride as the last (unless it is raining and I have no choice)

I feel like I'm missing out on SOO much by being part of the younger generation...

You guys are all saying your first ride was in the 70s/80s and talking about these things that I've never even heard of, and I'm like "Yeah...My first time here was last month"

Well, you can't really help it if your first time was just now. It just so happens that some of us here have been going to KI since we were little tykes, myself included. You know, that's part of the amusement park business, things come and things go. You can't help when you were born, eh? Sorry about you feeling that you've missed out, but just think, you've been to KI now, and honestly, is there anywhere else you'd rather go? :)

That's what makes this site great in my opinion, the older timers on here can reminisce and share their stories with the younger generation.

My very first trip, If I recall was in the summer when Water Works was built. I know I was DIEING to ride The Vortex, and I had never been on a coaster before, but I wanted to check out the water park so thats where we went first. Then After that, my dad took me to The Vortex...lol the thing scared the hell out of me. I remember the hill, and then after that just violent twists and turns...seemed more intense back then. Not that the ride has changed at all, but after riding it 500 times or so, its obviously not as quite as intense to me now. We rode The Vortex, than The Beast, and then The Racer, and after that My dad wanted me to get on King Cobra with him, but I was like "no way, I'm done with Coasters for the day". He ended up riding it by himself and I watched. That was back when the King Cobra, Racer, Vortex, and Beast were the "Fearsome 4"

My 1st coaster: Scooby Zoom(92')

My 1st flat: Pixie &Dixie swings (also 92' now known as backyardigans)

My 1st water ride: Kentons Cove Keelboat Canal (92')

1st Dark Ride: Phantom Theatre (95'-My parents thought it was too scary when I was really little)

It was over 20 years ago for me. I don't remember the order, but I know we did the Smurfs Enchanted Voyage. I was scared of Gargamel (sp?) when we went through the room where he was. I remember riding a roller coaster. My dad took me and told me not to close my eyes. I am certain it had one tunnel, but don't know what it would have been. It was a kid one as I was too short to ride the others (I remember being upset about that. I'd go to each ride and say "Am I tall enough?") I also remember riding kid swings and the animal monorail. The thing that sticks in my head was wallking through the park and looking up at the Eiffel Tower. We were going to go to the top, but the lines for the elevator were really long. We walked up to the lower observation deck though. I thought I was so high up there!!

Now, I always start and end my day with The Beast!

My first trip was on my third birthday, 1972. I was too young to remember which rides I went on. I was fascinated with the Eiffel Tower, and though it made a strange noise (later found out it was the train whistle :rolleyes: ). Second trip ever was in 1977, and it was the Grand Carousel.

First now is always BLSC.

Very First Ride: Enchanted Voyage, 1970-something.

First Ride I Go to Now: I have only gone about once a year lately and there's no rhyme or reason to what I go to first. It's very random. But I did buy gold passes this year since I have a lot of time off this summer, so maybe I'll develop a system once I figure out where the lines get bad as the day goes on. :) There are so many rides I haven't even tried yet, and my goal is do them all at some point this summer.