KI Railroad

Phantom Theater

Typically, Kings Island only runs one train during the summer months. Each train engine pulls six coaches in the summer, so capacity isn`t that big of an issue. However, with the stop at the Boomerang Bay station, if you just miss the train leaving the Rivertown station, it can be a while before it returns to the station. In October, when the park has Halloween Haunt and uses the train as part of a haunt at night and for the pumpkin patch express, they utilize both engines. However, they only have three cars attached to each engine, as opposed to six.

Well, that may be the case. I don`t normally visit on weekends in the summer, in part, because I tend to be working at Coney on those days.

However, on my last visit to the park last week, the train engine that was not in use was receiving some TLC as the main tendor was lifted up on a crane off of the wheels. So, I`m not certain if they`ve ran two trains on it this season yet or not.

The Train at Kings Island only runs 1 Train most of the time (switching them out to work on the other)

The only times you will see 2 trains are (if both trains are working):

a) Saturdays of June/July (Some years they have and some they havent)

B) 2 mini "baby" trains for October for Pumpkin patch and Halloween Haunt

c) Any day KI feels the crowd will be massive (Which the day of the K. jump they wanted to have 2 trains, but as Posted earlier one of the trains is being worked on)

Typically, Kings Island only runs one train during the summer months. Each train engine pulls six coaches in the summer, so capacity isn`t that big of an issue. However, with the stop at the Boomerang Bay station, if you just miss the train leaving the Rivertown station, it can be a while before it returns to the station. In October, when the park has Halloween Haunt and uses the train as part of a haunt at night and for the pumpkin patch express, they utilize both engines. However, they only have three cars attached to each engine, as opposed to six.

Are the trains that are housed the original trains from the parks opening in 1972

or the trains brought up from Coney? I have heard rumors of both.

pilotank

The trains have been there since 1972 and were produced by Crown Metal Products in 1971. The trains are titled the "Lew Brown" and "Kenny Van Meter." I believe Coney Island used a smaller gauge train, Chance maybe?

Thanks, smaller guage for smaller park!

pilotank

Guest TombraiderTy
IDK Why but i like CP's RR better than KI's maybe due to the fact that CP's is heavily themed and takes you through Boneville.

I love the themeing on CP&LERR, very nice. It's also cool how it takes you right next to Millennium Force and Maverick.

Kings Island was the only Paramount Park left with a train. Were it not for the fact that it served as transportation to Boomerang Bay, I suspect it would have long since been removed. Cedar Point seems to love trains. Perhaps that is a good omen for Kings Island. We can certainly hope so.

The train offers an enjoyable ride for families, leaving me to question why Paramount would've removed all the others. Cedar Point's train, like KI's, is used for transportation as well. Had it not been, would it still be running?

IDK Why but i like CP's RR better than KI's maybe due to the fact that CP's is heavily themed and takes you through Boneville.

I love the themeing on CP&LERR, very nice. It's also cool how it takes you right next to Millennium Force and Maverick.

Kings Island was the only Paramount Park left with a train. Were it not for the fact that it served as transportation to Boomerang Bay, I suspect it would have long since been removed. Cedar Point seems to love trains. Perhaps that is a good omen for Kings Island. We can certainly hope so.

The train offers an enjoyable ride for families, leaving me to question why Paramount would've removed all the others. Cedar Point's train, like KI's, is used for transportation as well. Had it not been, would it still be running?

If it wasnt transportation to waterworks(Then it was waterworks)I bet it would be the spot for the old Tomb Raider,and Italian job would go in KCKC

Guest TombraiderTy

Eh... I don't think they'd have removed KI&MVRR for TR:TR... of course, I may be wrong however.

Wasn't Batwing originally proposed for the Antique Cars' spot?