Names for the new attraction

Monroe

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going with Mustang..

"Ride Sally Ride", MUSTANG sally?

& this is PROBABLY a little over analyzation.. "Slippery When Wet" was the name of a Bon Jovi album in the late 80s. It was released on Aug. 18th, 1986.. Could that be the day of the offical press release?.. Considering materials, er, well.. Mysterious boxes containting who knows what have arrived at the park?

The English word "mustang" comes from the mexican spanish word mestengo, derived from Spanish mesteño, meaning "stray" or "feral animal". The Spanish word in turn may possibly originate from the Latin expression animalia mixta (mixed beasts), referring to beasts of uncertain ownership.. Maybe Rivertown is gonna be full of Beasts..

Which could possibly explain "Run for the Hills".. Of course being the type of ride it is, airtime on the hills of this thing will hopefully be insane, but maybe also refers to one of the best rides in the park, that you can only see about 20% of from the walkway due to it being hidden in the HILLS, and forest terrain.

And "steep incline ahead'"?.. well i didnt over analyze that one, Im just hoping to be face up chainlifted into the heavens on what I hope to be an outstanding coaster.

teasers, psh.. nothing we cant exxagerate and make completly of the wall accusations upon. Gotta love 'em. =]

Im going with Mustang..

"Ride Sally Ride", MUSTANG sally?

& this is PROBABLY a little over analyzation.. "Slippery When Wet" was the name of a Bon Jovi album in the late 80s. It was released on Aug. 18th, 1986.. Could that be the day of the offical press release?.. Considering materials, er, well.. Mysterious boxes containting who knows what have arrived at the park?

The English word "mustang" comes from the mexican spanish word mestengo, derived from Spanish mesteño, meaning "stray" or "feral animal". The Spanish word in turn may possibly originate from the Latin expression animalia mixta (mixed beasts), referring to beasts of uncertain ownership.. Maybe Rivertown is gonna be full of Beasts..

Which could possibly explain "Run for the Hills".. Of course being the type of ride it is, airtime on the hills of this thing will hopefully be insane, but maybe also refers to one of the best rides in the park, that you can only see about 20% of from the walkway due to it being hidden in the HILLS, and forest terrain.

And "steep incline ahead'"?.. well i didnt over analyze that one, Im just hoping to be face up chainlifted into the heavens on what I hope to be an outstanding coaster.

teasers, psh.. nothing we cant exxagerate and make completly of the wall accusations upon. Gotta love 'em. =]

And to think, I started this thread because I liked the name "Crazy Horse".

(And the song too Thrill_Biscuit)

With the quotes, clues i have seen recently and the recent discussion. I truly belive it will be named Cobra/King Cobra...

here is my rationale....

the reference to the name being a Mustang are somewhat deciving b/c... "what is the top of the line mustang called?" Cobra, Shelby Cobra, King Cobra (all depends on what era/decade)

those are my thoughts. and why not rename it? it will be fun.

Interesting concept with the Kings Cobra. Kinda fits the "something old becomes new again" theme that Kings Island seems to have.

With the quotes, clues i have seen recently and the recent discussion. I truly belive it will be named Cobra/King Cobra...

here is my rationale....

the reference to the name being a Mustang are somewhat deciving b/c... "what is the top of the line mustang called?" Cobra, Shelby Cobra, King Cobra (all depends on what era/decade)

Well thought out, and the best scenario so far. I'm betting on this theory/name.

^Quoting The Interpreter...

"Better Leviathan than Leviticus. At least as a coaster name! Imagine the revelations some would have on that thing."

Yes. Riders experience the rapture of ascending towards the heavens, then descend with a shout. [[looks toward the sky]]] That wasn't thunder, was it?

("Sacrilege" isn't already taken as a coaster name, is it?) B)

here is my rationale....

Well thought out, and the best scenario so far. I'm betting on this theory/name.

Multiple dots just got connected on that one! Sounds like a winner to me. I'd rather see it called Cobra than Fugitive personally, but whatever it's called I'm still looking forward to a kickarse ride :)

Well I for one would put money on the fact that it isnt going to be Cobra or any variation of it. Doesn't fit the Rivertown or quasi Wester Theme at all. Plus theres not going to be a massive retheme to that area...

I would still like to stick to The Beast Hunter name and idea, but here are some other ones I have.

Well if we stick with a Western Theme, King Cobra doesnt fit. Most feared snake in the west? Rattlesnakes, which are a type of Viper. So how about Steel Viper or Iron Viper?

In keeping with the Rivertown theme, what do us folks on the Ohio River and especially back in the hills like to make? Moonshine. Another name for Moonshine? White Lightning. How about White Lightning Express or some variation?

And last but not least the Mustang clue. CF is arleady putting in the Poney Express at KBF, so we could see a recycle or also something along the lines of, The Wild Stalion, Stampede or Elanor...

Just my thoughts kids.

You would surely lose that bet, Dakota. I can nearly guarantee there will be no return of any Cobra at any time and since it was already used once at the park, it's highly unlikely to happen again.

Wasn't a "Beast" name used once (or twice if you count "beastie") at the park before SOB? Good try though.

How about a Cedar Fair name! "Giant metal hypercoster"

:lol: Close, Steve! Observing the evidence, one might not expect the use of more than one adjective. Thus, the name would be either "Metal Hypercoaster" or "Giant Hypercoaster". "Giant Metal" or "Metal Giant" have nice rings to them as well.

Whenever people are guessing at the name of this ride, I always think of this post by Mr. Interpreter:

Fine;

Verb/Preposition/Indefinite Article/Noun:

Run For The Hills

Send In The Cranes.

Note the sentence structure.

The park strikes back.

You just have to know how to interpret the signs.

Whenever people are guessing at the name of this ride, I always think of this post by Mr. Interpreter:

Fine;

Verb/Preposition/Indefinite Article/Noun:

Run For The Hills

Send In The Cranes.

Note the sentence structure.

The park strikes back.

You just have to know how to interpret the signs.

The sign that reads: "Ride Sally, Ride" is the real clue. Are'nt there any oldies fans here?

Mustang Sally rides a MUSTANG

~Josh

A reputable source over at CoasterBuzz claimed when he heard of the coaster back in '06, he was told it would have the same trains as Behemoth, and sadly, the same name. He's right on the first count, but I can only hope the second has since been changed. The press invitations seem to indicate otherwise, though... :(