Names for the new attraction

Monroe

Let's break down the clues (and forgive me if I forget any)...

From the Teaser Signs:

"WARNING"

"The Park Strikes Back in 2009"

"Slippery When Wet..."

"Ride Sally Ride!!!"

"Steep Incline Ahead."

"Run for the Hills!!!"

"Move Slowly DO NOT DISTURB!!!"

From KI's Website:

"WARNING: OUR MEANEST RIDE HITS THE PARK IN..."

"DO NOT DISTURB" (written on box crate similar to Son of Beast's promotional teaser)

"36 Years in the Making... and You Can See it Here First."

"It's Coming... 08.06.08"

"SSSHHH!!"

- Teaser eye image appears to be that of a reptile.

From the Ride Itself:

- Hypercoaster

- Splash Pool

- Trains like Behemoth

- Possible Western Theming

- Rivertown location

- Red Track

Mustang is a possibility, except for the "Move Slowly Do Not Disturb" clue. If disturbed, a Mustang probably wouldn't do much more to you than any other type of horse. And honestly, if not for the "Ride Sally Ride" clue, I doubt anyone would've thought of Mustang. None of the other clues point in that direction. Though, this clue is the most obscure and specific of them all. The others could indicate any number of animals/creatures. Plus, the eye on the website is decidedly NOT that of a horse. ;)

The clues to me seem to indicate a "monster" or terrifying type of animal that is dangerous.

"The Park Strikes Back"... what kind of animal strikes? A snake.

How about Cobra's Revenge

I really like where this guy's head's at. :)

Or maybe Cobra Canyon... Cobra Valley... Cobra Falls...

Cobra by itself wouldn't be bad, either.

Of course, if this coaster is in any way related to or inspired by King Cobra's former presence in the park, I would think the track pieces would be green and yellow. So, the whole cobra thing may be a wash.

Copperheads are reddish brown in color, however.

I agree: From the clues, I'm thinking some sort of snake as well. Especially from the videos and teaser site. Like I said in a couple other threads, my bets are on Water Moccasin, Copperhead, and Diamondback FTW.

The only sign that you missed that I notice is:

Warning, infrared sensors in use

Seems to hint at some sort of pit viper snake.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No activity recently by CF acquiring any trademark names, unlike the buzz that went up when the acquired Mavrick. Makes me believe they are resuses something they already have.

So Western themed names.

GhostRider

Mavrick

Pony Express

Renegade

Just to name a few. I personally believe it is a horse theme and not snake themed like so many believe. Afterall some of the signs have been misleading almost like the selling of snake oil, but I guess that was linement wasn't it?

Either way its gonna be Helbig....

No activity recently by CF acquiring any trademark names, unlike the buzz that went up when the acquired Mavrick. Makes me believe they are resuses something they already have.

So Western themed names.

GhostRider

Mavrick

Pony Express

Renegade

Just to name a few. I personally believe it is a horse theme and not snake themed like so many believe. Afterall some of the signs have been misleading almost like the selling of snake oil, but I guess that was linement wasn't it?

Either way its gonna be Helbig....

How do you check if Cedar Fair trademarks a name?

^indeed. I was just up there saturday and yesterday myself and they really did do a great job with the theming for Maverick. At least for CF standards. Disney, on the other hand... Well you know.

If only they had waited to take KCKC out, they could have re-used the station like CP did with Maverick! :P

I had a dream about the press invite last night. Very comical. It starred Helbig as some strange rodeo dude who announced the ride. There was a box on the top a tall rock. The scene looked like the fantasmic stage. The box blew up and Chernabog (rotfl!) was inside and kept blowing things up and shooting water fountains at Helbig as he flipped and jumped over it. After a huge explosion a sign appeared and said something along the lines of, 'Unchained' or something.

That would be one hardcore press release.

I agree: From the clues, I'm thinking some sort of snake as well. Especially from the videos and teaser site. Like I said in a couple other threads, my bets are on Water Moccasin, Copperhead, and Diamondback FTW.

Well I don't really think you deserve the bragging rights, (because you really did not give a definitive name, and you said Diamondback last.) it was the first time that Diamondback was mentioned on this thread. Only two people mentioned Diamond back, so I guess you can fight it out with each other.

Diamondback, Copperhead or Anaconda.

One last thing, I do like the name and the designs they have come up with. I also think that we will all have a lot of fun on this one.

(Truthfully, I will always call this coaster "Crazy Horse" in my heart.)