Names for the new attraction

Monroe

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the three pictures that you can click on to view video on the website there may be a clue. The pictures look to be of a Plains area, a desert, and a forested setting. Just some food for thought, I know this is all very obvious, but there are few things found in all three settings. That could narrow it down a bit.

Pic of a copperheadOk I still think the name is going to be copperhead......If found this article on copperheads alot of statement fit.

Copperhead Snake

Introduction

In eastern parts of the US the Copperhead Snake is the most commonly encountered venomous snakes.

Appearance

The snake, with by the way has the Latin name Agkistrodon contortrix, has dark colored bands of varying width across most of its body except for the tip of their tails, which may look almost greenish or yellowish.t can reach a size of 40 inches (1.05 meter) but the normal size of the Copperhead is in the range 24 to 36 inches (61-91 cm).

A copperhead snake eat small rodents, cicadas, birds, lizards, other snakes, frogs and other amphibians, spiders and all sorts of insects. The snake serves an important role in the ecosystem by controlling the population density of its prey. Without the Copperhead Snake and other snakes as well the population size of several species will reach an inexpedient level.

Habitat

Copperheads can be found different kind of places, but they do prefer to live close to water. The abundance of the Copperhead snake in forested areas or suburban areas is relatively large. Copperheads has a habit of lying completely still when threatened, and so they are eradicated in large numbers on roads due to their habit of freezing when danger approaches. This habit of freezing originates from its behavior in its natural habit, where it’s an advantage to remain motionless and wait for the threat to pass by.

Copperhead Snake Bite

Usually the Copperhead don’t bite. However, if you grasp one or get very close to one it will and can bite you. A bite will be used as a last defense against you. The Copperhead was responsible for approximately 37 percent of venomous snake bites in the US in 2001 (Lavonas E.J. et al., 2004)1

One must assume that this percentage is quite constant over years. Most bites from the Copperhead is in the eastern parts of the US, so here the percentage is probably a bit higher.

The venom is toxic and a bite from a Copperhead Snake is extremely painful, requires immediate medical treatment, but is very, very seldom fatal. Its one of the least venomous snakes of the venomous snakes in the USA

It may however cause serious damage to your tissue and leave scars. Also there’s always a risk of a secondary infection caused by bacteria from the snakes mouthparts.

For this reason there’s no point in trying to handle these snakes unless you have some formal training handlings snakes. So don’t try to kill a Copperhead Snake if you get a bite from one.

With the snake eye now in the box it make sense. The only thing that is throwing me is the ride sally ride! Guess we will see in 13 days.

Having followed Cincinnati TV news/weather stations closely, especially Fox 19, and also noting the "SSSHHH!!" on Kings Island's teaser page...

The new coaster has something to do with Steve Horstmeyer.

Horstmeyer_150h.jpg

LOL... I was going to do this but you beat me to it.

In the three pictures that you can click on to view video on the website there may be a clue. The pictures look to be of a Plains area, a desert, and a forested setting. Just some food for thought, I know this is all very obvious, but there are few things found in all three settings. That could narrow it down a bit.

"New for 2009: 'PrairieSandWood!'"

;)

Behemoth (Hebrew בהמות, behemot; Arabic بهيموث bahīmūth, or بهموت bahamūt) is a creature mentioned in the Book of Job, 40:15-24. The word is most likely a plural form of בהמה (bəhēmāh), meaning beast or large animal. It may be an example of pluralis excellentiae, a Hebrew method of expressing greatness by pluralizing a noun; it thus indicates that Behemoth is the largest and most powerful animal ever to exist. Metaphorically, the name has come to be used for any extremely large or powerful entity.

GIBLAERON.

it's "no real big" backwards. I think its a good idea... they could have been leading us on! YEAH! THATS IT! THEY WANT US TO FIGURE IT OUT!!!!! *cackle cackle*

everybody stares at vl2 as if to ask "Sooooo how are the people in the white coats doing??"

Really would not be surprised it the name was a recycle. I for one would not complain if it were named Behemoth. Thats a great name for a Hyper coaster. Now if its MegaBehemoth, Behemoth Force or Behemoth Hawk we might have issues.

Anything is better than Primer : The Ride

Let's break down the clues (and forgive me if I forget any)...

From the Teaser Signs:

"WARNING"

"The Park Strikes Back in 2009"

"Slippery When Wet..."

"Ride Sally Ride!!!"

"Steep Incline Ahead."

"Run for the Hills!!!"

"Move Slowly DO NOT DISTURB!!!"

From KI's Website:

"WARNING: OUR MEANEST RIDE HITS THE PARK IN..."

"DO NOT DISTURB" (written on box crate similar to Son of Beast's promotional teaser)

"36 Years in the Making... and You Can See it Here First."

"It's Coming... 08.06.08"

"SSSHHH!!"

- Teaser eye image appears to be that of a reptile.

From the Ride Itself:

- Hypercoaster

- Splash Pool

- Trains like Behemoth

- Possible Western Theming

- Rivertown location

- Red Track

Mustang is a possibility, except for the "Move Slowly Do Not Disturb" clue. If disturbed, a Mustang probably wouldn't do much more to you than any other type of horse. And honestly, if not for the "Ride Sally Ride" clue, I doubt anyone would've thought of Mustang. None of the other clues point in that direction. Though, this clue is the most obscure and specific of them all. The others could indicate any number of animals/creatures. Plus, the eye on the website is decidedly NOT that of a horse. ;)

The clues to me seem to indicate a "monster" or terrifying type of animal that is dangerous.

"The Park Strikes Back"... what kind of animal strikes? A snake.

How about Cobra's Revenge

I really like where this guy's head's at. :)

Or maybe Cobra Canyon... Cobra Valley... Cobra Falls...

Cobra by itself wouldn't be bad, either.

Of course, if this coaster is in any way related to or inspired by King Cobra's former presence in the park, I would think the track pieces would be green and yellow. So, the whole cobra thing may be a wash.

Copperheads are reddish brown in color, however.

Let's break down the clues (and forgive me if I forget any)...

From the Teaser Signs:

"WARNING"

"The Park Strikes Back in 2009"

"Slippery When Wet..."

"Ride Sally Ride!!!"

"Steep Incline Ahead."

"Run for the Hills!!!"

"Move Slowly DO NOT DISTURB!!!"

From KI's Website:

"WARNING: OUR MEANEST RIDE HITS THE PARK IN..."

"DO NOT DISTURB" (written on box crate similar to Son of Beast's promotional teaser)

"36 Years in the Making... and You Can See it Here First."

"It's Coming... 08.06.08"

"SSSHHH!!"

- Teaser eye image appears to be that of a reptile.

From the Ride Itself:

- Hypercoaster

- Splash Pool

- Trains like Behemoth

- Possible Western Theming

- Rivertown location

- Red Track

Mustang is a possibility, except for the "Move Slowly Do Not Disturb" clue. If disturbed, a Mustang probably wouldn't do much more to you than any other type of horse. And honestly, if not for the "Ride Sally Ride" clue, I doubt anyone would've thought of Mustang. None of the other clues point in that direction. Though, this clue is the most obscure and specific of them all. The others could indicate any number of animals/creatures. Plus, the eye on the website is decidedly NOT that of a horse. ;)

The clues to me seem to indicate a "monster" or terrifying type of animal that is dangerous.

"The Park Strikes Back"... what kind of animal strikes? A snake.

How about Cobra's Revenge

I really like where this guy's head's at. :)

Or maybe Cobra Canyon... Cobra Valley... Cobra Falls...

Cobra by itself wouldn't be bad, either.

Of course, if this coaster is in any way related to or inspired by King Cobra's former presence in the park, I would think the track pieces would be green and yellow. So, the whole cobra thing may be a wash.

Copperheads are reddish brown in color, however.

I agree: From the clues, I'm thinking some sort of snake as well. Especially from the videos and teaser site. Like I said in a couple other threads, my bets are on Water Moccasin, Copperhead, and Diamondback FTW.

I am about 99.999% it is going to have the name COBRA somewhere.

Strikes back

comes out of hiding,

slippery when wet

you should always move cautiously around a snake (slowly)

Mustang is a teaser.. (high end mustang is a COBRA, Shelby Cobra!)

steep incline is do to the size of the ride!

The Cobra is back folks!! (the name that is!!)

I am about 99.999% it is going to have the name COBRA somewhere.

Strikes back

comes out of hiding,

slippery when wet

you should always move cautiously around a snake (slowly)

Mustang is a teaser.. (high end mustang is a COBRA, Shelby Cobra!)

steep incline is do to the size of the ride!

The Cobra is back folks!! (the name that is!!)

I agree! I believe it will have the name of cobra in it because everything points to a cobra as has been said before. The eye on the website appears to be a cobra and all the hints, except for the Ride Sally Ride, point to a snake. The Park Strikes Back comment points to a snake in my honest opinion. I don't believe it will have anything to do with a mustang and all the speculation about what fits in Rivertown means nothing. I believe this is being put in beside of The Beast just because of the terrain. I don't think the King Cobra roller coaster matched the theme of the area either so I don't believe thinking about the location means a certain name or theme for a new ride, especially a large ride like a hyper steel.