More ride breakdowns?

I_heart_pki

I've been reading posts and trip reports by people and it seems to me like more rides are breaking down more frequently. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this and if you have noticed if have any idea why. I'm going to the park on Monday and Tuesday and I am sooooo excited! After reading some of the posts though I'm worried about rides being shut down...??

You are getting ready to go to the park.

Every buy a new car, or a new one to you? Ever notice then how many others like it are on the road? More than before? But in reality, you just started noticing them?

I suspect you think there are more breakdowns and closures as you are watching for them more.

Well I've noticed people writing more about things being broken down. I've heard a lot of people that have been to the park and not just posting on here as well I have friends who went for their senior trip and complained about all the breakdowns. I've always noticed when there are breakdowns and it seems as though the park is having more.

I have been to the park 11 times this year, the crypt was down for about a week, but is now running.Delirium was down once for a few hours, and Vortex was getting a wheel replaced. Firehawk was down off and on for a couple of weeks, but has been running smooth the last 3 trips that i have made.Flight Deck was stuck on the hill once also when i was there. Thursday, everything was running well.

Kings Island rides seem to have a good up time. However on my visits to Cedar Point that wasn't the case.

Yeah I was at CP last weekend for two days and it seemed like a lot of their rides went down for short periods of time. I got to ride everything, though it wasn't that big of a deal - actually on some rides it was nice. Wicked Twister broke down right as I got in line both times I rode it, so it completely cleared out the Que and it was only down for 10-15 minutes each time :).

You can't really trust some of the public views on "break downs" Most people think if theres a train not moving on the hill then it broke down. In most cases its just another train finishing its course and heading to the brakes late or the train that got stopped, got sent too early.

You can't really trust some of the public views on "break downs" Most people think if theres a train not moving on the hill then it broke down. In most cases its just another train finishing its course and heading to the brakes late or the train that got stopped, got sent too early.

^^That is extremely true. I never thought about that.

I haven't noticed too many rides down all day. SOB was down last time I was there but only for an hour or two. The good thing about this one is you can see it form the other side of the park.

My pet peave is walking half way across the park to find FOF or something is down. But dont let it bother you with so many good ones in the park you're always gonna find something to ride.

I haven't noticed too many rides down all day. SOB was down last time I was there but only for an hour or two. The good thing about this one is you can see it form the other side of the park.

My pet peave is walking half way across the park to find FOF or something is down. But dont let it bother you with so many good ones in the park you're always gonna find something to ride.

I'm so excited. I leave tomorrow. I can't wait to ride The Beast at night. It is like a completely different ride at night. I know that I will have fun at the park no matter what. That is one thing that the park never fails with.....entertaining me.

I'm so excited. I leave tomorrow. I can't wait to ride The Beast at night. It is like a completely different ride at night. I know that I will have fun at the park no matter what. That is one thing that the park never fails with.....entertaining me.

Have a safe trip. We will also be in the park tomorrow, my Fathers day present. I'll also be taking the night time ride but spending most of the day in Nick U.

Have a safe trip. We will also be in the park tomorrow, my Fathers day present. I'll also be taking the night time ride but spending most of the day in Nick U.

My dad's father's day present too. My best friend is going also. We'll be hitting up The scooby castle and airbender in Nick U. Haha.

KI has an excellent maintenance crew, so should any downtime occur you can bet that they will be at that ride within a few minutes to fix the problem.

Another nice thing about KI is that there are plenty of other options as far as attractions to go to during downtime and in most cases by the time you finish with that attraction the one that was down earlier is running again.

I havent notice many closing this years. I think I have seen one and the was on Firehawk and The problem was the the track was stuck just outside the station. The piece that flips over to alow each side to exit to the lift. It was only closed for like five mins. Which was good because i was in line and everyone basicly left the line. Took it from a 1 hour wait to like 15 mins after it reopen.