KI Man's Six Flags over Georgia Photo TR!

Ki Man

Well, I had a great time at the park. It was sunny, and about 100*. Yeah...very VERY hot. And it's sad to say the rides were the only things that made me so happy about this park. Here's why.

The park operations and staff here horrible. With two exceptions for Goliath and Acrophobia's staff. They were singing on the mic, getting the crowd involved, and just all around fun.

BUT. It was the usual SF operations I hear about.

-Ninja, GASM, and I think the Wile Coytote were all one train ops, making it hard to get those credits.

-All the rides, yes all. Were stacking. Maybe a few times they got the trains moving quick, but 75% of the time....stacking. Superman was freaking HORRIBLE.

-The ops were always messing around, not attending to the rides.

Okay, here's a huge rant...so get ready.

Me, my friend Michael, and my two brothers all headed up to Georgia Cyclone. There was no wait for the back car, and there was an empty train in the station. So we all head for the back car. The gates are closed, so we wait a little bit. Then, either a supervisor or manager, or whoever, along with an employee took the back seat.....after we had been waiting a few minutes! Then they recognize we're standing there and open the gates. Me and my friend walk through wandering if they will get out of the seat...and they don't. We try to go back, but the gates close. So my and my friend have to go before my brothers, so we're seperated...which we were told not to do. And I don't want to leave them by themselves. They're 12 and 10. So they won't open the gates, and they have trouble unlocking the restrains, and we go on the ride. Yeah, the ride was good...but we had to wait at the exit because the seats were taken. I was really shocked at this, but we just had to suck it up and move on. We didn't have much time left. But it didn't ruin the day! For the park being claimed to be the 'highlight of SF' it didn't live up to the rep.

Now, the park looked great. It had really nice woodsy areas, very nice flowers and other gardens flourishing all around. The only part I felt was kind of out of place was the area back by Superman, Ninja, and GASM. That area just felt like 'CF' or regular park. Wasn't as nice as the rest.

The rides!

They were awesome. They had a flume, sky ride, coasters, and....not so many flat rides. But holy crap, Acrophobia was awesome.

Goliath (15 minutes) - This just absolutely stood out. The ride, and the staff. Now. When we first got up into the station, all the trains were shouting 'one more time!' and soon I found out. I didn't know if I believed it or not, but the op said, "If everyone shouts and yells, you get to ride one more time." Well, lucky enough for me....I got to have back to back rides in the FRONT and BACK! Though the first drop in the backseat was GREAT.....the front seat is my favorite. Everyone on the train was screaming...and sure enough, they just kept the restraints locked and sent us through! Oddly enough...they managed to stack the trains!

The RIDE: Yeah, I think it's my new number one. I loved the ride. Obsolutely beautiful views going in and out of the park, riding just over the lagoons....so awesome. Oh and there was airtime on every hill. It was my first B&M hyper...and I can't wait for it to come to KI! The only thing I found wierd was that almost everyone can't touch the floor. Why are the seats up so high? Anyways, the restraints were comfortable, the ride was smooth, the helix was GREAT, and the trims were almost nonexistant! Goliath's seats and trains were really cool. I loved the seats and it kind reminded me of the Intamin Half Pipe. It's not floorless, but the seats are high up enough that you can't touch the floor. I like it! The airtime really makes your whole body float in the seat! I really, really can't wait for KI to release what's going on.

Superman (35 minutes) vs. Firehawk vs. BORGHawk:

-B&M wins for comfortable rides.

-Pretzel loops are awesome!

-Heartline rolls just don't do anything for me on flyers. Corkscrews are awesome.

-Going up the lift on Superman was boring. I love the flip over!

It's a big push/pull, I can't choose who's best. They're all just all around fun, nothing amazing. Now...maybe Tatsu would.

Acrophobia (15 minutes)- Awesome, awesome, awesome. Uncomfortable? Yes. But the airtime was really, really good on this one. My #2....close to Giant Drop, but better than and S&S or Drop Zone. The guy was singing and messing around on the mic, and it was really distracting from the anticipation! I only got one ride, and wish I could have gotten more.

Scorcher (5 minutes) - I'm a fan of B&M stand ups. I just like them. The loop was nice, and some of those high banked turns threw me out of my seat! The corkscrew is great, and there was no head banging. Too bad we had to wait on the brake run for 5 minutes.

Batman (0 minutes) - I got three rides on this bad boy. One in the front seat, and two in the back rows. This thing is freaking INTENSE! Think you've had some g's on other rides? No, come ride this now. It'll slam you from side to side, and make you feel like you're 10000 lbs heavier. The zero g is my favorite part ofcourse. I was really suprised with the overall effort in theming this ride. The qeue was cool and it looked really nice. It came close to my top invert, but I think I still like Top Gun:TJC better. After three rides, I was dizzy. Two rides is enough for this coaster.

Mindbender - One ride in the backseat. A very interesting ride. Forceful loops, ejector air, and a smooth ride! I was suprisingly impressed with the overall ride.

Georgia Cyclone - One ride in the backseat. This was an insane woodie. I don't know how old it is, but it felt like it was 50. It had incredible airtime, and some roughness. But I don't mind the roughness. It was a long ride, and it's my #2 woodie behind Rumbler.

The wait times were fine, the longest wait was for Superman - 35 minutes. It was really because of the really slow dispatches. I mean, they had two trains going and one was sitting on the break run for about 5 minutes most of the time! It was definitely better than laying backwards head first like Firehawk/Borghawk.

The no bag policy/loose articles was very 'loose'. I could put my shoes/camera/phone in any of the places to the side of the station! I liked that a lot. Though on Goliath, they didn't let you put bags there.

Okay, another HUGE pet peeve of mine. So most lines didn't get out of the station..maybe just outside. Nearly every kid was jumping over the gates and actually going through the landscaping and flowers to get to the station. Yeah, good move...you may have skipped up to 3-5 people...but you stepped on flowers, and ****ed people off. But that's not the worst part....the employee who's standing out by the entrance is letting this happen! Not saying a thing!

Same with smoking. Tons of people smoking in lines and throughout the park..and no one is saying a thing. Now, that's something I think every park needs to work on.

I know you will all probably hate me for this...but I didn't get on the Ghost Manor or whatever. I think I saw it...but I didn't see any signs for it. I looked, but couldn't find it. Sorry guys!

I loved my trip to SFOG, but it was the rides that made the trip, and park in my opinion. I know it's only one visit and it sounds like I just had a bad experience. They just need some more flats! Great coasters, and GREAT Drop Tower. Now they need some more! I am definitely planning on trying to stop by next year or some other time. Beautiful park, fantastic rides, not so great operations and staff.

The only hold up I have right now is this - we got dropped off at the park around 3:00 and my parents didn't get back to the park until about 5ish. During that time, we hit the back of the park - Ninja, Superman, GASM, Mine Ride, Wile, and the Skyride. So those pics are all on my brother's camera...they will be up later.

dsc0051od3.jpg

After 7 hours, and Atlanta traffic, we see the awesome monster towering over the highway!

dsc0053mj5.jpg

Welcome to Six Flags Over Georgia...home of what could be the best steel coaster and best drop ride in the USA!

dsc0059gh2.jpg

Gotham City...home to one freaking INTENSE old school B&M invert, the classic Mindbender, and a nice swing.

dsc0062xt4.jpg

Batman, it'll make your legs feel like jelly!

dsc0071lf2.jpg

Through the magic of the photos, I just transported to you the ghettos of Gotham! Batman has a really nice queue set up with great theme. I really liked it!

dsc0080hc1.jpg

Time for my ride on Batman! After a front seat ride, it was AWESOME! After two more rides...I felt kind of sick. Two times is more than enough on this ride. It takes a seat as my #2 invert, behind Afterburn, but before Raptor.

dsc0089ks7.jpg

After spinning up, then slamming you through one corkscrew, it'll whip you around and then throw you through another corkscrew!

dsc0097qk5.jpg

On over to Mindbender! You're looking at one of the most unique lift hills ever...go ride it and find out why :lolr:

csc0112dj2.jpg

First drop madness!

dsc0099gm0.jpg

Look out for that loop!

dsc0101dk0.jpg

The second loop is hiding in there...

dsc0100jd7.jpg

Oh...that 'third loop' is awesome! Mindbender is very smooth!

Yeah, unfortunately the Mindbender trains have been turned into a giant Nascar promo. I thought it was really ugly. I mean...put them all over the park as posters or on top of Acrophobia! But wrapping the trains in them? Bleck!

dsc0068qa9.jpg

Last dip before the brake run.

dsc0096jc7.jpg

I was really shocked to see this. But hey, it's a Six Flags decision...Just as KI changed names, the ride still stays the same! Mind Bender was great!

dsc0103ye0.jpg

A very nice addition to Gotham. The villains have to their ride too, right?

dsc0106of2.jpg

Six Flags Over Georgia is a very nice, well landscaped park.

dsc0155qm5.jpg

Something speeds by though the trees as we head over to the other side of the park...

dsc0168ow3.jpg

I may be crazy, but this woodie is great! Ejector air all over! And I don't mind a rough ride. I like to be rattled around on woodies.

dsc0222wy3.jpg

I seriously loved this ride. Cyclone is my #2 woodie behind Rumbler!

dsc0163jf4.jpg

Oh....baby....

dsc0164zw0.jpg

You're hardly sitting...kind of standing. It's like...you're bending over/squatting! lol!

csc0293xf1.jpg

Who cares?? This is freaking awesome! The guy singing, the tilt, the whole feeling and the airtime was just incredible. It challenges Giant Drop. Destroys Drop Tower and all previous Intamins!

dsc0174vq1.jpg

Wait...what's that wayyyy up there?

Stick around and you'll find out ;)

Wow.....Somebody else loves The Georgia Cyclone! :)

As for why you sit the way you do on Goliath, it's part of the restraint system...by being tilted back the way you are, an ejection from the ride is well nigh impossible. Nice air time, eh?

I'm sorry to hear about the smoking in non-designated areas....I've not seen that in any other Six Flags park, and I know that Melinda Ashcraft, the General Manager, will not be happy to hear about it.....this is not supposed to happen in any Six Flags park....

Wow.....Somebody else loves The Georgia Cyclone! :)

As for why you sit the way you do on Goliath, it's part of the restraint system...by being tilted back the way you are, an ejection from the ride is well nigh impossible. Nice air time, eh?

I'm sorry to hear about the smoking in non-designated areas....I've not seen that in any other Six Flags park, and I know that Melinda Ashcraft, the General Manager, will not be happy to hear about it.....this is not supposed to happen in any Six Flags park....

Oh yes, the airtime was superb. I can't wait to see what KI is going to do, now! I think Goliath is my new #1. Oh, Cyclone was awesome! It was a nice, long ride. I sat in the back car, first bench. The airtime was insane! It's shaky, yes...but what a great ride! Like I said...my #2 woodie.

I was also upset with the park's enforcement on the rules, and just how it was run in general...as above, with the exception to the staff at Goliath and Acrophobia and Mindbender. I was told this is the highlight of the chain, and I can easily see that! Maybe I had a bad day there...

There's still more to come ;)

Wow....On The Georgia Cyclone, I always sit in the back car, back seat, left side! :) It's a bit rougher there, I'm told! :)

And Monster Plantation is the dark ride you missed, and it's a dandy. Don't feel too bad for missing it...the first time I went to the park, I thought it must be a very popular restaurant, given its line! :)

I skipped the food since I had snacked beforehand and was only there for 4.5 hours or so. I was happy to see Papa John's! I didn't spoil the happyness by looking at the prices ;) I was told to ride in backseat, front bench on all questionable rides..

And Ninja, GASM, and Cyclone all turned out fine!

The trip for our school's music groups was Atlanta during spring break, and I was pretty pumped for SFOG.

Sadly, we got rained out within 3 hours of being there, but my one ride was Goliath in the front seat B) . I'll never forget that first drop.

Ready for some more!?

dsc0142mk6.jpg

Time to head over to Georgia Scorcher! They were letting you adjust the seat to sitting down! My friend to the right is like...6'2"..and I'm 5'9" :lmao: Stupid op, you won't unlock it! God, this is going to be uncomfortable...

dsc0145lh6.jpg

OMG! What is that up there?! Brother's reaction to his first stand up! :lolr:

dsc0156el5.jpg

Woah....it's...huge! What is that?!

csc0223fl6.jpg

And we were pulled away on the drop to quick. Argh corckscrew madness! Btw, the seat looks like someone's shoe kicking me in the crotch.

csc0246nq1.jpg

Quick, everybody do the Jesus!

dsc0151lf2.jpg

Hey BuddyChrist! Wait...what's that guy looking at?

dsc0138za5.jpg

Arg...there's so much B&M in the way...I just can't make out what it is!

....more to come ;)

The adventure continues!

dsc0169qi5.jpg

So, it's 100* out....let's cool off! Here we go...everyone act like you're a bear!

dsc0170if3.jpg

We haven't even gotten wet so far...this better get us wet!

dsc0171jw9.jpg

What?! We didn't even get wet! This is pointless! :lolr: And the signature move is stolen!

dsc0182ae8.jpg

Ah, now let's head over towards this 'Goliath' thing I've been hearing so much about..

dsc0183yn2.jpg

Hm, here it is! Let's see what this is all about...

csc0540wv3.jpg

Yeah baby! Here we go!

dsc0185hl8.jpg

And up that lift hill. There ya go lift hill enthusiasts!

dsc0186bv6.jpg

I think I did the 'Big Mike' face on this drop. Holy crap, awesomeness.

csc0537xv8.jpg

Hold on any way you can! Or...don't!

csc0243lm6.jpg

It's a looooonnngg way down!

csc0244iy9.jpg

No comment :P

csc0298xw7.jpg

Speed down, then shoot right back up to airtime heaven!

csc0297la5.jpg

Everyone has their own 'airtime face' ;)

dsc0181rs8.jpg

Did I mention SFoG is a beautiful park?

csc0541pf9.jpg

Yeah, that helix will plaster you into your seat.

dsc0213vw0.jpg

Forecast calls for more airtime hills. How many more? I think like...5 or 6. You ready for them?

csc0312pr5.jpg

I think this calls for a 'through the trees' shot. Well, this isn't Cedar Fair, so it's possible!

csc0291zv0.jpg

Heck, let's go OVER the trees!

csc0292nr8.jpg

A quick interruption for this overbank.

dsc0161dk1.jpg

OMG...there's more?!

Yeah, soon enough...

;)

-Zach

Must...resist...that's what she said joke....

Anyway, beautiful pictures. The shot of the train dropping on Goliath is quite nice. The overbank picture is really nice too! Great work, keep it up.

Onto the photos! Thanks so much for the comments, guys!

dsc0120ku1.jpg

Goliath really stands out. It starts out in the middle of the park...

dsc0121nm7.jpg

And head into the trees.

dsc0207io1.jpg

Then go wayyy up and wayyy down over the pretty lake...

dsc0139fm5.jpg

It's B&M wrapped around B&M goodness.

dsc0212wp3.jpg

It's so much better than it looks....so yeah, it's pretty darn good!

csc0535rg5.jpg

I don't know about these guys...

csc0539am7.jpg

But I just love putting my hands up!

csc0542jn7.jpg

If you're happy and you know it raise your hands! Orr...pop your collar?

csc0543pf6.jpg

That guy is so comfortable, he's stretching out for a nap. Or, he's all like...OMFG, THIS IS AWESOME!

csc0299uo8.jpg

Weee loooooveeeee Goliatthhhh

....STILL more to come? Keep checking back!

-JZ

Though the front seat doesn't give you air like the back, it offers beautiful views and airtime over every hill. Especially that last bunny hop they squeezed in before the brake run. That part is so funny to me...I could just see them looking at the small space.

"So...you want ANOTHER airtime hill in there?"

"Yup."

"You really think we can fit one?"

"Yeah...just squeeze it in there..."

It's so abrupt, especially in the back....but it's so awesome!

Must...resist...that's what she said joke....

Anyway, beautiful pictures. The shot of the train dropping on Goliath is quite nice. The overbank picture is really nice too! Great work, keep it up.

Thanks for fighting that urge Michael Scott.

Great pictures. Goliath is truly a great coaster. My favorite seat on it, though, is in the night row.

Terpy, waiting for boos and hisses!

What, pray tell, is the "night row?"

dsc0197eh4.jpg

Over the pathways and through the woods, to the station we go!

dsc0175qf0.jpg

Don't forget about that massive helix!

dsc0208yw9.jpg

It's like this - a big pop of airtime, then thrown to the left! But in a good way.

dsc0196ap4.jpg

It's probably the closest thing you can get to experience what it's like to be inside a tornado.

dsc0198fr0.jpg

"Beavis, I have seen the top of the mountain. Huh-huh. And it is good. Huh-huhuh."

dsc0201gc0.jpg

Purple and Yellow < Greenish Blue and Orange

dsc0202oc5.jpg

This is that "over the highway" part!

dsc0203xq9.jpg

We don't need a bridge!

dsc0220mt3.jpg

Go visit Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia!

• 3 months later...
Don't forget what we know as Monster Plantation is no more after this season....it is becoming Monster Mansion. I highly recommend one (last, if applicable) trip this season to say goodbye to a ride that is very much on par with the old Phantom Theater.

Ohhh, I would say that it's actually on par with the Old Enchanted Voyage or the Smurfs Enchanted Voyage.

Monster Plantation is Much, Much, Much better than Phantom Theater!