Is Cedar Fair wanting to buy PKI?

The-Snapper

Sat around 230pm I was walking by the rides office and I saw Craig Ross talking to someone in his office so i didnt think anything of it until I saw a black Expedition in the parking lot and the license plate said CDR FAIR on it!!! So the guy in Craigs office was Dic Kinzel (Cedar Fairs Big guy)!

So then I was walking back through there around 630 or so and hid car was still there but they wern't in his office. So I figure maybe there walking around the park or something!

Then on sunday I was waliking back to Beast on my break and noticed his car was still there and they wernt in his office!

I find it wierd that he was there for 2 days so thats odd a one day trip doesnt mean much but two days thats different. I really do belive Paramount will start selling or buying parks soon.

So I just wanted to let everyone know what i saw this weekend!

Personally I would love to see Cedar Fair buy the park.

It would suck if Cedar Fair bought PKI. PKI runs its parks better. Besides, if you look at what happened when CF bought SFOH, they gave all the passholders new passes, but made it so Geauga Lake (what they renamed it) passholders cant get into any other Cedar Fair Parks besides Knotts Berry Farm. They also can't get into any six flags parks. If they bought PKI, it would probably be the same thing. We would no longer be able to get into any other Paramount Park, but our passes also would not be able to get us into Cedar Point.

I don't think they would shut down PKI. If they were in the business of buying the competition, and shutting it down, GL would have closed already. But I do think the park will be better under Paramount.

Klockster, it's not really fair to judge Geauga Lake the way you did. First of all, they had about two months to get it ready. Two, they had to find a temporary fix for the season passes which by next season you will be able to get a pass that will allow you to use it at CP if not all CF parks. And, CP is run so horribly that they win the Golden Tickets award year after year for Best Amusement Park in the world, the Best Capacity Award and many of their coasters are listed as tops in the country. Not too shabby if you ask me. The only one PKI ever wins is best Kids' Area and of course The Beast always is listed as tops in the country. But, not other coasters are even in there.

exactly Pkibeast! Cedar Fair would bring better coasters and the park would be a heck of a lot cleaner. I honestly hope they buy it because I loved what Paramount has done for the park up until now bc they are taking out more rides than they are putting in and its stupid.

First off, PKI isn't going to be selling it's park to Cedar Fair. The rides office would have no say in whether PKI would be sold or not... nor would the meeting that would've taken place have been in such plain sight. There's tens of people that work in the rides office that would leak the story and PKI's media team knows that more than most. Also, the "Big Guy" of Cedar Fair INC. most likely doesn't have the only say in what parks to buy or not. There's groups of people that need to approve changes like this. Ride swap... maybe. Park sellout... impossible.

The Message Was Approved by PKILifeguard

Yeah, I just thought of that. If CF owned PKI, we would probably get some good roller coasters. There really aren't a lot of movies that you can build really big and fast roller coasters to by Paramount. And CF doesn't limit itself to movies. Also, things might take a turn for the worse since Viacom switched control of Paramount Parks from Paramount to Nickelodeon. I don't know if its going to become Nickelodeon Kings Island or what.

So did CF straighten out its Geauga Lake deal, or do the people between Toledo and Cleveland still need to buy two seasons passes?

Consider this though. Cedar Point always gets the best awards for its awesome rides and everything. But if they bought PKI, what reason would they have to put awesome rides at PKI? Cedar Point will always be Cedar Fairs flagship park. If there is a record to be broken by the Cedar Fair company, it will be broken at Cedar Point. Which means that PKI would always be limited to being in Cedar Point's shadow. We would get some alright rides I'm sure, like how KBF got Xcelerator. But we wouldn't get any record breaking coasters.

I'm not sure, but I think the only record KBF has is the biggest log flume ride in the world. CP had the first @ 200', the first @ 300', and the first @ 400'. They also have the most coasters.

First off, PKI isn't going to be selling it's park to Cedar Fair. The rides office would have no say in whether PKI would be sold or not... nor would the meeting that would've taken place have been in such plain sight. There's tens of people that work in the rides office that would leak the story and PKI's media team knows that more than most. Also, the "Big Guy" of Cedar Fair INC. most likely doesn't have the only say in what parks to buy or not. There's groups of people that need to approve changes like this. Ride swap... maybe. Park sellout... impossible.

OOOOOOHHHH! He was in the rides office! I misread that! :rolleyes:

Maybe they are going to buy a ride from PKI or sell one to PKI (hopefully). Or possibly, they were just trying to get some tips for their new ride next year. I can't remember if its an Intamin Gyro Swing or a Huss Giant Frisbee. But either way, its a ride PKI has a lot of experience with!

Maybe they are going to buy a ride from PKI or sell one to PKI (hopefully). Or possibly, they were just trying to get some tips for their new ride next year. I can't remember if its an Intamin Gyro Swing or a Huss Giant Frisbee. But either way, its a ride PKI has a lot of experience with!

The only thing I can think of is that PKI will buy a ride from CP or they are going to sell one to them. If CP is getting a Huss Ride like the rumors are saying then they might have been looking at the ride and seeing how it works. Also they could have been getting a list of parts for Huss rides from PKI.

Who knows anymore Kings Island was sold to Paramount when no one else wanted the park when it was for sale back in 1992.

OOOOOOHHHH! He was in the rides office! I misread that! :rolleyes:

Craig Ross isn't in Rides!

Shessh. Ross is the GM of the entire park.

You people need to just stop jumping to conclusions.

The park isn't going to be sold, just because someone from Cedar Fair is there. I hate to tell you, Disney comes to the park too.... Are you gonna say we're being bought by them now too???!!!

You know... I just thought of something: They could have been trying to buy PKI, but mabey they made a deal to make the park Cedar Fair's Paramount's Nickolodeon's King's Island! Hey! It could happen! We could get an outragiosly radical, crazy, and tall (like 525 feet) roller coaster, that would be totaly awsome!

But if they were just planing to sell Toumb Raider, The Beast, or The Vortex, I AM MAD!!!!

Cedar Fair would never get their hands on PKI. If they did (which once again they never will) it could go one of two ways. Take your guess on what they are.

Also on the fact on recognizing Kinzel. I find it weird that he would be there and that you would notice who it was the second time just by looking at his license plate. Now I will say that he is very recognizable as I have talked to him which was this Summer up at Cedar Point. He loves interacting with the guests as much as he can. Just because he is there in no means does it mean that Cedar Fair is trying to buy PKI; how do you know they're not friends? For some reason I also believe Kinzel would be on a jet and no in a car.

Theme Parks do send people to other parks to look at other rides and areas of a park for ideas.

I am sure people from Paramount Parks where looking at all the new coasters this year and other rides you can think of for ideas so they could improve the parks. :cowboy:

You know, of all the wild unsubstantiated things I've seen fly on these boards, this one really takes the cake. What amazes me more is how everyone has seemed to take it as gospel because someone said he saw a car in the parking lot. Yet, there was a substantial change announced in the senior management of Paramount Parks a few days ago and no one has even mentioned that.

First, it would be bad buisness for CF to have 4 parks so close together. CF is not Disney.

Second, if there was a CF official at PKI, and if it was Kinzel, he was probably talking about the new ride that CP is putting in. Like others have said, it is rumored that CP is putting in a Huss ride for 2005, why not pick the brain of a park that is only a few hundred miles away that has the same type of ride? And in return PKI can gain info from CF on their potential indoor waterpark.

Just because those who are die-hard PKI fanatics hate CP, does not mean that both parks cannot help each other out.

BTW, Pepsi is buying Coke, McDonald's is buying Burger King, and Dan Rooney is buying the Cincinnati Bengals.

I know, I kind of over-reacted. But a while ago, the very subject was being discussed on PKIU. And I have my opinions on it. :rolleyes:

It makes sense that they would collaborate on it a bit. If they are getting a Giant Frisbee (or even a Gyro Swing), they could benefit from learning how PKI runs Delirium. I just hope they give it a good name, and don't just call it GYRO SWING or something stupid like that (their Troika is called Troika). :lol:

First off I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you really did see Mr. Kinzel at PKI. You may have seen a look-a-like, but I'll assume you are correct.

Employees of theme parks in general, and even PKI's Jeffrey Siebert, visit other theme parks - for fun and to get fresh ideas for their own business. If the owner of one restaurant dines at another restaurant, it doesn't mean he is trying to but the competition. If it were Mr. Kinzel, he is a VIP and surely would seek out PKI's higher ups as a courtesy call.

If Cedar Fair was planning to but PKI, which I SERIOUSLY DOUBT, Mr. Kinzel would not travel to PKI, but to Paramounts Parks corporate HQ in Charlotte. PKI's GM has no say in whether the park would be sold or not.

In conclusion, I'd say assuming you really did see Mr. Kinzel....I do not think there is any chance that Cedar Fair is after PKI.

If it were and managed to successfully purchase PKI, kiss all Nickelodeon, Hanna-Barbera and Paramounts Pictures theming and names good-bye. Again, I'd say 99.99% it will not happen.

Have a great off season!

Italian Chef

:chef: