Halloween Haunt 2008 Speculation

RingMaster

As you may or may not know, we have almost three months left until the return of the Haunt. Post any ideas, guesses and whatnot you have about this year's event here. Remember, so far it's only speculation, as nothing official has been confirmed by the park itself. Yet.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....

-Same haunts but with DIFFERENT names

-Return of bare-bones nights

-High ticket price

-Starts off good then crashes to the ground......

No, but seriously I am predicting...

-I do not expect the train/trail haunt to return... I'd really be shocked if it did; and IF it does, something major needs to happen to make it worth the wait and ticket price.

-More great stage shows!!!

-More roamers and creepers... KNOTTS style!

But I really do expect to see the same old haunts this year! -Hauntguy

Halloween Haunt has come early this year with Cicada Invasion, now open throughout the Park. These nasty little demons scare everyone from small children to adult sissy men. Come out be prepared for CICADA INVASION, limited time only!!!!

I predict but doubt will happen...

Frightful Tower...... (on Eiffel Tower Lowest platform)

(note they prob. will not do this because of safety reasons on the steps and staffing on each set of steps plus the scare actors) but anyway they turn the Eiffel Tower into an abandoned tower where everything went wrong and now ghosts and fog inhabit the tower with lightning (effects) striking the tower. Then the appearance of ToWeR JoHnNy!!!!!

There can be all kinds of stuff that can be done like the rails of the tower can be used for anything.

Chris

The biggest problem with using the lower level of the Eiffel Tower for a haunted attraction are the steps, but not for the reasons you mentioned. The elevators cannot stop at that level, which makes the 50' level inaccessible to those in wheelchairs and physical ailments that prevent them from walking up and down stairs. So I doubt that we`ll see a haunt up there this year.

And, I would suspect that CornStalkers will likely have a new home this year, if it indeed returns this year.

The biggest problem with using the lower level of the Eiffel Tower for a haunted attraction are the steps, but not for the reasons you mentioned. The elevators cannot stop at that level, which makes the 50' level inaccessible to those in wheelchairs and physical ailments that prevent them from walking up and down stairs. So I doubt that we`ll see a haunt up there this year.

And, I would suspect that CornStalkers will likely have a new home this year, if it indeed returns this year.

I know... I’m just saying that it will be a cool idea and yes the people in the wheelchairs will not be able to get to it. But it would be nice if in the off season they worked on the elevators so that platform is able to be used again. It would be a great idea because some people are afraid of heights and some just want to go up high but not too high. Then there can be a great spot for HH.

• 1 month later...

Halloween Haunt Is Around The Corner

I'm All Giddy With Excitement

Friday Friday Friday!!

PS: Im BEHAVING this year.... wait.. i'll ATTEMPT... wait!!! no.. I'll attempt @ behaving this year... :D

I'M SO FLIPPING EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Everything's coming back this year, except for that Torture Chamber show.

Just so ya know.

I never did like that show... my friend would of done better...

he hangs weights from his unmentionables

i get to see matty friday :D

I hope :D

• 2 weeks later...

More good news and stuff involving the Haunt:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/special/haunt/index.html

^Main site for this year's Haunt has been updated with the dates, prices, and what rides are open on it as well. Also note that the Maze, Shows, and 'Escape Route' pages will be updated with 2008's details at a later date.

Guest kwindshawne
Looks like they're bringing back the best show... ever...

deadawake_small.jpg

It looks like admission will be $19.99 for Friday night, and $25.99 for all day Saturday or Sunday. The HH web site links to an admission page and the dates match up with the days listed for 2008.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/Shop/shopping_events.cfm

Ryan

And I still think it's a hootchie show-but that sort of thing sells doesn't it?

I'd like to see Club Blood return. :wub:

Club Blood was very very bad. Had way too much sex stuff in it. Even the end of it was bad. Last years Haunt was bad. Had alot of complants to the park's managers and some of the workers went to far when it came to making jokes. I know that the KI Police was called in due to the parks guest's throwing stuff at the workers who was making fun of others. Surprised that the park wasnt sued over it.

Who is to say there was "too much sex stuff"?

I doubt the complaints you speak of remotely come close to the amount of satisfied customers at the Haunt.

There are so many disclaimers posted virtually everywhere about the adult nature of the event, and how its not for children. If you get remotely offended, perhaps you should not attend.

I would be utterly shocked, stunned, amazed, perplexed and dumbfounded if the park were sued over what you mentioned...

Its an adult theme - with big disclaimers...