Halloween Haunt 2008 Speculation

RingMaster

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Club Blood return. :wub:

Club Blood was very very bad. Had way too much sex stuff in it. Even the end of it was bad. Last years Haunt was bad. Had alot of complants to the park's managers and some of the workers went to far when it came to making jokes. I know that the KI Police was called in due to the parks guest's throwing stuff at the workers who was making fun of others. Surprised that the park wasnt sued over it.

Crap, here we go again...

I think the WWC one sounds like it would be awesome. Especially because it is just creepy enough riding WWC as your very last ride, and NO ONE else is even on the ride except the people in your raft! The WWC woods are very creepy at night! I can imagine this haunt being really scary, especially going through the tunnel. It wouldn't necessarily have to be themed to werewolves either. I would also like to see one in the Crypt's que, and exit path. Although it would kind of be short....

You have to view the major demographic that comes to the park once the Haunt rolls around...aside from the parents that believe their underage children (under 12) will be alright for the nightly 'festivities' only to realize they were so very wrong and decide to take it out on either the monsters or Guest Relations.

You know those preteening, adolescenting, wannabe-gangstaing, emo-combovering, bubblegum-blowing, short-short wearing, teeny-bopping nuisances that are at the park every day in those groups of either 6-16 with the obnoxious Valley Girl/Thug Gangsta speak you can't help but wanna slap them for?

.....take that and multiply it infinitely to get 35,000 of those little buggers in the same place at once. Add in a couple drunk adults, a few parents with young children, and voila!

Now you know why KI does the things it does for the Haunt (like the witch making 'rude' jokes at guests) 'cause a majority of, if not all of, those guests truly deserve it.

Club Blood was very very bad. Had way too much sex stuff in it. Even the end of it was bad. Last years Haunt was bad. Had alot of complants to the park's managers and some of the workers went to far when it came to making jokes. I know that the KI Police was called in due to the parks guest's throwing stuff at the workers who was making fun of others. Surprised that the park wasnt sued over it.

No onr will sue KI over any of that crap. Don't like it? Don't attend. Not referring to you Uncle Henry, but Dalefan. It wasn't that bad as far as sex stuff in it. Heck, I really enjoyed it! So, did my wife (who was my fiance' at the time).

No onr will sue KI over any of that crap. Don't like it? Don't attend. Not referring to you Uncle Henry, but Dalefan. It wasn't that bad as far as sex stuff in it. Heck, I really enjoyed it! So, did my wife (who was my fiance' at the time).

And thats why you married her because shes easy going and can enjoy something like Club Blood, unlike some folks that have no sense of humor, fun or anything. They are wound up so tight and are offended at everything like a Walmart greeter saying merry Christmas, that they go thru life not enjoying it and wanting to bring everyone else down that enjoys life on a daily basis.

I for one loved Club Blood, epsecially the costumes...

Brad, I don't think Matt was "stereo-typin" at all.. he's absolutely right! With that audience, and Club Blood, it kinda just goes. KI is playing to the type of people that attend HH! Now, don't get me wrong, this isn't the "bad crowd", it's actually the right crowd. It's the people that SPEND MONEY!!!! So, whatever works... works.

As for CB, there is a big difference between being scary and being crude! CB WAS NOT SCARY!! PERIOD!! Crude, yes... Sexy, yes... Graphic, HELL YES!!! But if that's what was intended by the park, IT WORKED! But for haunt and to be scary, IT FAILED!!! I personally hope it returns and actually changes up and becomes scary! More emphasis on fright and startle, than gross out and sex-appeal! -Hauntguy

And thats why you married her because shes easy going and can enjoy something like Club Blood, unlike some folks that have no sense of humor, fun or anything. They are wound up so tight and are offended at everything like a Walmart greeter saying merry Christmas, that they go thru life not enjoying it and wanting to bring everyone else down that enjoys life on a daily basis.

I for one loved Club Blood, epsecially the costumes...

Thats up to you guys to think all that. Just remember that the others who attend dont know what the haunts are till they get into it. Signs only tell so much. They need to do a haunted trail back by The Beast if thats even doable. I know from the walkbacks at The Beast that the landscape isnt too flat in some spots. I do agree that parents do need to keep kids away from the Haunt since its geared for the adults. Club Blood would be better if they had some of the people in it chasing people around the midway by the entrance to Flight Deck and Son of Beast. I know it was the first year for the Haunt so its hard to tell what changes are made if any. The entrance to the park at the gates was cool with the fog and lights. The work zone where Diamond Back is would be a good scare zone if it wasnt for the dangers. I am going this year to the Haunt to give it another try. I wasnt sure why Club Blood offended me that bad for. You guys think they should make the Effiel Tower more scary looking?

Do Gold or Platinum Pass holders have to pay an upcharge to stay for HH? I know it was briefly discussed previously, but I do not recall ever seeing a definitive answer to the question.

No upcharge this year.I had such a blast at HH last year that I got a season pass for the first time this year.

Dane,

Only because it was "new"... just like anything "new" at a park! Also, it goes to show... sex sells. I'm not saying that it was the worst, or best... or most confusing... just that, it could be MUCH better if were to actually become scary. -Hauntguy

Dane,

Only because it was "new"... just like anything "new" at a park! Also, it goes to show... sex sells. I'm not saying that it was the worst, or best... or most confusing... just that, it could be MUCH better if were to actually become scary. -Hauntguy

Stop. Stop.

Why would the park be interested in making an attraction at a Halloween event (uhhh) scary. I was told last year that everything was more about pushing the limits. (Hense, we received a character that denigrated and belittled guests to the park.) Now I understand that attraction will not be returning, so I'm hoping that the park has come to some sense.

I lined up with all the others last year for Club Blood because it was new. I don't think I'll hit it this year. Like it was said before, it wasn't even remotely scary. I didn't even think it was all that "sexy" either. Just confusing. It went from like a club to a hospital with a pregnant vampire? I didn't get it, and neither did the folks we were with. I think it was hyped up too much.

I found it to be overwhelming, sounds, lights, screams, fog.....Just one of the little things I did not like about it, thouhg might I say...St. Ritas Hauted House is a great HH.....ya, I work there, just thought this thread seemed right to say something......but, we all know sex sells, we all know humans are attracted to new attractions, then they relize what a waste it was and then tell there freinds, then those freinds tell theire freinds......so on and so forth, so unless a new over-haul is done, it will be as Rose Nylan says on the Golden Girls, "Crapola In a Box!"

Looks like they're bringing back the best show... ever...

Hah....please!

I'm with you there. If it was the best show ever at KI then the standards have really gone down. The idea was kind of cool, though a little confusing. But whoever selected the music really bombed it. If you're going to have a dark show, play dark music. If you're going to have a story, play music that goes with the story. Don't just throw in contemporary pop hits like "Rehab" because they're popular at the time. Once they sang that, I was totally out of it.

I saw a small stage show of A Christmas Carol in Cincinnati a couple years back and they used current music to push the show and it worked because they sang songs that fit the mood and the story. They didn't just throw music out there because the audience might recognize the song. If Dead Awakening could pick better songs or, god forbid, create some original music; it might be worth all the hype it got.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like they're bringing back the best show... ever...

Hah....please!

I'm with you there. If it was the best show ever at KI then the standards have really gone down. The idea was kind of cool, though a little confusing. But whoever selected the music really bombed it. If you're going to have a dark show, play dark music. If you're going to have a story, play music that goes with the story. Don't just throw in contemporary pop hits like "Rehab" because they're popular at the time. Once they sang that, I was totally out of it.

I saw a small stage show of A Christmas Carol in Cincinnati a couple years back and they used current music to push the show and it worked because they sang songs that fit the mood and the story. They didn't just throw music out there because the audience might recognize the song. If Dead Awakening could pick better songs or, god forbid, create some original music; it might be worth all the hype it got.

I agree DA was BAD. How can you do a show like that and not include anything by either White Zombie (Living Dead Girl??) or Marilyn Manson or hell even Ozzy for that matter :).

The best show anywhere last year as Monsters of Rock at CP. It was extremely entertaining and well done. I believe there are videos up on Youtube for it.

The best show ever at Kings Island was Celebration. It set the bar very high and I doubt it will ever be topped. The format, the costumes, the music, the dancing, the sets and the singing were all top-notch. They held on to it for two seasons and even released a Vinyl LP (showing my age) of the show, mine's signed by the cast. :)

Todd