Halloween Haunt 2008 Speculation

RingMaster

I speculate that I will be there at least once, and I will be scared to death of the clowns. >.<

My friend (Who practically lives at KI) says that some of the "Monsters" carry around chainsaws with the chains taken off so they're scary, yet completely harmless. Is this true? :o

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend (Who practically lives at KI) says that some of the "Monsters" carry around chainsaws with the chains taken off so they're scary, yet completely harmless. Is this true? :o

Yes, everything at Kings Island is safety first.

he should? When they hire you they should tell you where you will be right then and there. My only question is did you have to audition in anyway?

I don't know about your expertise in the subject matter of getting hired at Haunt, but I can tell you from experience that when you get hired for Haunt, everything is laid out on the line and finalized that day. They do not have the time to call each and every monster and tell them what their schedule is for this night, or when their costume fitting is.

For your second question, all monsters have to do a short inprov audition showcasing their voice and acting ability, in front of a panel, without props. Quick thinking, enthusiasm, and most of all, personality is required to be a Kings Island Scareactor.

:)

he should? When they hire you they should tell you where you will be right then and there. My only question is did you have to audition in anyway?

I don't know about your expertise in the subject matter of getting hired at Haunt, but I can tell you from experience that when you get hired for Haunt, everything is laid out on the line and finalized that day. They do not have the time to call each and every monster and tell them what their schedule is for this night, or when their costume fitting is.

For your second question, all monsters have to do a short inprov audition showcasing their voice and acting ability, in front of a panel, without props. Quick thinking, enthusiasm, and most of all, personality is required to be a Kings Island Scareactor.

yea well she told me it was up in the air but i recieved an email the other day that told me i would for sure be on the trail, the ladie that interviewed me sayd id either be in the trail or manor and i wasnt interviewed infront of a panel it was just one girl who told me to scream and to make animal noises, got kinda awkward but hey, it worked out for me :rolleyes:

yea well she told me it was up in the air but i recieved an email the other day that told me i would for sure be on the trail, the ladie that interviewed me sayd id either be in the trail or manor and i wasnt interviewed infront of a panel it was just one girl who told me to scream and to make animal noises, got kinda awkward but hey, it worked out for me :rolleyes:

Well I am sure you have received a phone call by now

• 2 weeks later...
I speculate that I will be there at least once, and I will be scared to death of the clowns. >.<

They have Fake Chainsaw Monsters! Jesus I sure ain't going! :o

I was at KI today, I saw the Club Blood Sign!! :wub:

Have you Been in Club Blood? I did a LIGHTS ON Tour on KICentral day,

FREAKY SCARY!

Well I knew the chains would be taken off, assuming that chainsaw wielding monsters would actually be there.

I just didn't know if they actually were there or not.

Well I knew the chains would be taken off, assuming that chainsaw wielding monsters would actually be there.

I just didn't know if they actually were there or not.

Would it be a hunted house without chainsaws sometimes?! lol. thats just kind of a given.

And OMG!! I can't wait til Friday to see what everyone thinks of the new attraction :D All I can say its gonna be awesomely intense! See me there! :D

I havent auditioned in years... then again i've done it since 2004

Makes No Sense In Making Returners Do It Over And Over Again. . .

Yeah, that'd be....insulting.

Actually I disagree.....having returns come in for an "audition" gives the park casting team a chance to talk to them about their experiences from the last year and gives the returning scare team member a chance to talk about what they would like to do for the year, and in some cases even request to be cast in a specific attraction. I think it is not insulting at all.

Actually I disagree.....having returns come in for an "audition" gives the park casting team a chance to talk to them about their experiences from the last year and gives the returning scare team member a chance to talk about what they would like to do for the year, and in some cases even request to be cast in a specific attraction. I think it is not insulting at all.

The returners can ask to go to a specific area. And they ask you if you'd like to return to the same attraction or not. I told them I wanted to either be a roamer or in the new one, and tada. In the new one ;)

It just depends on the person... different things scare different people. For me, it has to be a QUICK LOUD STARTLE... that'll get me really good. But nothing else really scares me.

As for any more hints and stuff...

TOMARROW I'M DROPPING THE NAME OF A NEW ATTRACTION!!!!

Stay tuned. -Hauntguy

Ok I had to respond to this one!!! Now we all know NOTHING scares me right?????

Ok I went on the site to get my 2008 season pass just to go to HAUNT this year and it said free haunt for the remainder of this year???? Please tell me I did not purchase that thing for nothing?? They did not offer a GOLD PASS only the SEASON pass.

More pricing integrity! Seriously, given the economy, all parks are doing what they can to boost attendance and hope that you will spend money while you are there. No re-entry during Haunt is part of this strategy, though I am sure others will argue it is all about safety, which it partly is, but it is also about moola. In any event, letting passholders come more than once builds goodwill and gives the passholders more opportunities to spend more time and money in the park.

Ok I went on the site to get my 2008 season pass just to go to HAUNT this year and it said free haunt for the remainder of this year???? Please tell me I did not purchase that thing for nothing?? They did not offer a GOLD PASS only the SEASON pass.

I understand none of that post O_O

Way I see it on the site Ryan, its the Platinum that gets remainder of the season, Gold pass and season pass its one free visit?

But you aren't a roamer, and roamers are by far cooler.

Keep dreamin sweetheart ;) wasn't it you who asked me to switch when you saw how cool UrgentScare was ;):D

sure Karen... whatever you say ;) ;)

The returners can ask to go to a specific area. And they ask you if you'd like to return to the same attraction or not. I told them I wanted to either be a roamer or in the new one, and tada. In the new one ;)

Thats What It Is..... They Ask How Ya been.. What Ya been Up To

And Then Ask Where You Want To Go

The returners ger FIRST pick of where they want to go

Ok I had to respond to this one!!! Now we all know NOTHING scares me right?????

BS KAREN

You Came Into My Area... I Did My Thing With Your Name

And You Did Nothing But SCREAM

Through The Entire Maze

Halloween Haunt = Scare The (evil word) Out Of Karen And Then Scream Her Name Or Meals On Wheels Is Coming

And Viola The Whole House Is Screaming To Feast On You

Poor Poor Uncle Henry, he wants to Play In With us...

And All He Is.. Is A Small Fish In A Big Pond :P