Where should I go?

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

OK, I'm the only one in my family that loves going to amusement parks and my mom said we could go to 1 other amusement park this year besides King Island and Kentucky Kingdom, it's between Holiday World, Beech Bend or Dollywood. So where should I go? We also want a park with other recreational places to visit around the park.

Holiday World-

Pro's- 1. Very Cheap

2. Short Drive

3. Some Kick ass rides

Con's- 1.No places around the park that would also be fun.

Beech Bend

Pro's- 1. New Roller Coaster

2. Never Been there

3. My mom would love going sense it was her childhood park.

Con's-1. Long Drive

2. Not enough thrill rides.

Dolly Wood

Pro's- 1. New Roller Coaster

2. Plenty of stuff around the park to go to.

3. Never been there.

Con's- 1. Long Drive

2. Expensive

We also will be going to Myrtle Beach this summer so I hope we can stop by Hard Rock Park and check that out!

I have been to Holiday World and Beech Bend, last going to both in 2006, and having ridden both Voyage and Kentucky Rumbler, both great woodies. I have NOT been to Dollywood, though those I know who have, really enjoyed it.

I'm guessing you've been to Holiday World?

From the list, in ranking

1. Dollywood: Thunderhead, great family entertainment like live shows and arts and crafts. Plus Pigeon Forge is surely a tourist trap with lots to do in the area. Pricey, especially for those not enjoying the muitiple facets of Dollywood.

2. Holiday World: Great value, 3 great woodies, lots to do inside, but not too much around it.

3. Beech Bend: has both Pay per Ride and Pay-one Price options, for those who want to do less... or more. Ride selection and atmosphere not as exciting as Hollywood or Dolly World (dyslexia not left uncorrected). Not too many other exciting things I know of in Bowling Green, though there is the KY* Action Park along the way on I-65 between Bowling Green and Louisville

*Unlike the Jelly, the KY here DOES stand for Kentucky, Gilbert Gnarley.

I will be visiting Dollywood in 10 days... yay :D so I'll make sure to let you know how I feel about it then. And I went to Holiday world last season and I had a blast, there coasters are amazing along with there Flume. I've also been to Beech Bend but it's been so long and they've added so much since I was last there so I can't help with you there.

Guest rcfreak339
I have been to Holiday World and Beech Bend, last going to both in 2006, and having ridden both Voyage and Kentucky Rumbler, both great woodies. I have NOT been to Dollywood, though those I know who have, really enjoyed it.

I'm guessing you've been to Holiday World?

From the list, in ranking

1. Dollywood: Thunderhead, great family entertainment like live shows and arts and crafts. Plus Pigeon Forge is surely a tourist trap with lots to do in the area. Pricey, especially for those not enjoying the muitiple facets of Dollywood.

2. Holiday World: Great value, 3 great woodies, lots to do inside, but not too much around it.

3. Beech Bend: has both Pay per Ride and Pay-one Price options, for those who want to do less... or more. Ride selection and atmosphere not as exciting as Hollywood or Dolly World (dyslexia not left uncorrected). Not too many other exciting things I know of in Bowling Green, though there is the KY* Action Park along the way on I-65 between Bowling Green and Louisville

*Unlike the Jelly, the KY here DOES stand for Kentucky, Gilbert Gnarley.

Well my first pick is beech bend because my mom would love to go and so would I, there is alot to do in Bowling green if you do your research...Theres the action park, a mall and there is a state park with cave tours so...

Bowling Green has several things to do. There is the Corvette Museum and not too far from Mammoth Caves and that whole underground adventure. We are planning a cave trip to Mammoth and doing the Intro to Caving tours they have.

I have alway thought Holiday World looked like alot of fun. We are planning a trip there but probably not until late this year or next. Of the three you mentioned, I'd want to do Holiday World.

I've never been to Beech Bend, so I'm of absolutely no help there. Holiday World is a blast, especially with free unlimited soft drinks at your disposal. Also, unlike what you're used to, HW lets their coasters move.

Dollywood is a lot of fun, and half the time there could be spent shopping considering all of the stores they have. Thunderhead rocks (they too let their wooden coaster move) and Tennessee Tornado is one of the best looping coasters I've ever been on. Some will think I'm nuts, but the first loop is amazing, and it's a very smooth and self-themed ride due to the mountains. I also think it has the best placed tunnel in the world, but I won't say why. Mystery Mine, well...you make your mind up. I found that it was a rough, jerky, trim braked up half-a coaster with an unbelievable ending. (The only part of the ride I love.) It's very over-rated in my opinion, probably due to the awesome theming and the angle of the drops. The lift hills are neat too. For me, it's a once-a-trip coaster since it seems to produce ridiculously long lines.

It's hard to go wrong with any of those choices....though I'd highly recommend Dollywood.....still, I'd think you'd get a lot of brownie points for maturity if you let your Mom decide! :) Tell her you will be happy with wherever she picks...maybe you will even get to do more than one that way, though gasoline is very expensive this summer....

Beech Bend is a very underestimated park. People usually don't think to much of it (As I did), and end up loving it.

They have the one of the Best Wild Mouse's ever, a simply dumbfounding selection of exellent flats, and the Kentucky Rumbler, which is a true marvel by itself. It's a great park and an exellent place to visit for any age group.

Guest rcfreak339
It's hard to go wrong with any of those choices....though I'd highly recommend Dollywood.....still, I'd think you'd get a lot of brownie points for maturity if you let your Mom decide! :) Tell her you will be happy with wherever she picks...maybe you will even get to do more than one that way, though gasoline is very expensive this summer....
special

I'm the one that brought up Beech Bend and she said she would love to go back! Since she was born and raised in Bowling Green I think it has a special place in her heart.

[letting loose]

Holiday World isn't a very good deal. Yeah, you get free drinks, but you actually paid for them in the price of admission. The park should cost about $20 to get into, but costs as much as KI with very little to offer beyond the Voyage.

Beech Bend has excellent Barbeque sauce. The park's a dump, but the BBQ is great. That's all I really have to say.

Never been to Dollywood, but I've never heard anything bad about it. Only extremely positive things.

[/letting loose]

Dollywood looks nice, and the area around it has alot to offer! Beech Bend looks like a permanent county fair with 2 good coasters. Holiday World has 4 coasters (3 good ones), free unlimited Pepsi products, some nice flat rides, and the #2 waterpark in the world is included with admission! I would recomend Holiday World, it's really fun to camp there! But Dollywood looks nice too! If i were you id' chose HW!

[letting loose]

Holiday World isn't a very good deal. Yeah, you get free drinks, but you actually paid for them in the price of admission. The park should cost about $20 to get into, but costs as much as KI with very little to offer beyond the Voyage.

Beech Bend has excellent Barbeque sauce. The park's a dump, but the BBQ is great. That's all I really have to say.

Never been to Dollywood, but I've never heard anything bad about it. Only extremely positive things.

[/letting loose]

Gotta agree with Boddah, aside from Voyage, Holiday World is not worth the drive. Voyage typically has quite the wait too, it seems running multiple trains is a bit of a problem for that park.

Voyage typically has quite the wait too, it seems running multiple trains is a bit of a problem for that park.

There is one of the few belly-aches that I have about Holiday World. It annoys the crap out of me. I've never seen them only run one train on Voyage though, or Legend actually, but I have on Raven. If two trains are possible to run, they ought to run!

The park's a dump,

Beech Bend is Great! It has awesome atmosphere, a nice selection of Flats, and the Rumbler! If you're not Stark Raving Mad for a crazy awesome park, then Beech Bend is not for you.

But The Kentucky Rumbler is great enough for Me! B)

I'll hand you that the people who worked at Beech Bend were very nice. Much nicer than Holiday World, despite the Golden Ticket. You have to admit that the park could easily be converted from an amusement park to a Zamerla showroom, though.

Guest rcfreak339
Voyage typically has quite the wait too, it seems running multiple trains is a bit of a problem for that park.

There is one of the few belly-aches that I have about Holiday World. It annoys the crap out of me. I've never seen them only run one train on Voyage though, or Legend actually, but I have on Raven. If two trains are possible to run, they ought to run!

I rode the Voyage last year on a Saturday and the voyage was running all 3 trains and the turnstiles where full and the line never stopped moving once...

But anyway I have decided it will be between Beech Bend or Dollywood!

• 2 weeks later...

Aww man beach bend brings back some memory's. I have been a couple times. We stayed in an RV at there camp ground. Each time we went we would go to the park at least 2 days in a row. From what I remember most of the rides where portable. I think even the one roller coaster they had was somewhat portable, was on the pavement. The second time we went was much better and they had made a lot of progress, new rides, looked better. They where getting ready to start building new water park stuff.

It seamed to me at the times I had gone that it was more like fair. Since they had more portable rides then ones incorporated into the park. This was a while ago so I imagine its much better now. I wouldn't put it on any kind of level with most amusement parks but it was fun and a very "comfortable" park.