My Trip 6/24/08

Cortney

Wow was the weather ever perfect for a day at an amusement park, sunny but really really hot. We parked at the Water Park entrance and got an all-day locker and plus we were planning to head back there later on that day.

We had my 6 y/o niece and so we had to split our time between her and what we all wanted to do. We rode the Rugrats ride first and I mean my niece enjoyed that one to pieces. ;)

But here's my view of the rides we did:

Beast- 5 minute wait....got on and off in less than 10 minutes....great ride. We rode in the back and it wasn't jerky at all.

Vortex - less than an hour wait...(they had 3 trains going by the time we got on)...still jerky! It knocked one of my earrings out of my ear, but I caught it...but the rumor of it being torn down was still going around.

Delirium - Holy cow! I wasn't going to even get on this one...but I am glad I did. I loved it! I actually thought we were going to go all the way over at the peak!

Drop Zone - Hasn't changed

Face-Off - My friend and I sat in 2 different rows so we could face off and it was better than the last time I rode it because I didn't feel like I was going to fall out! LOL The line was the longest we waited the whole day.

Son of Beast - NEVER EVER AGAIN! UGH! I dunno if its as jerky or worse than it was with the stupid loop. But before we even go down to the chain lift, it jerked me so hard my back cracked in all the wrong places! Its short compared to The Beast....I'd rather wait in line for The Beast over this one.

The Crypt - Broke down as we were going to get on it....so we never got on.

Firehawk- 2 hour wait and I wasn't doing that and paying 75 cents to put my bag into a locker!

Flight of Fear - was the last ride we went on....its so much better since they changed the restraints...not jerky to me at all!

Back Lot - didn't go on it...lines were long by the time we got around to it and some one said it was a 2 hour wait the one time we got in line

Water Park - hah we spent probably 3 hours over in there, I'd say most of the park's attendance was over in there....had a blast...never going on that Down Under one....both me and my friend got banged up on it!

So there's my day at the park. Sunburnt and all! Had an awesome time!

How can most of the park be at Boomerang Bay, but yet BLSC still has a 2 hour wait??? Also, what was your wait time for Invertigo? (Face-Off)

Sorry to hear about SOB, but let me ask you this, are you a petite girl in size?? I ask because my girlfriend is 6'1" and plays soccer in college and agrees with me that SOB is very smooth nowadays, and I wonder if being a 5'2", 100 lbs. girl is what makes SOB so rough? Or maybe you're just not riding defensively??

How can most of the park be at Boomerang Bay, but yet BLSC still has a 2 hour wait??? Also, what was your wait time for Invertigo? (Face-Off)

Sorry to hear about SOB, but let me ask you this, are you a petite girl in size?? I ask because my girlfriend is 6'1" and plays soccer in college and agrees with me that SOB is very smooth nowadays, and I wonder if being a 5'2", 100 lbs. girl is what makes SOB so rough? Or maybe you're just not riding defensively??

We waited longer in line for some of the water slides than we did for most of the rides we went on. We hit Face-Off at the beginning, we got there when the park open and so it was an hour. Back Lot we started to get in line for it after riding Vortex and Beast, but some one said it was a 2 hour wait from this point because they had 1 train going....later on they had more I think because the line wasn't as bad, but by the time we got back around it was 2 hours again toward the park closing. The longest wait times were Firehawk, Face-Off and Back Lot.

No I am 5' and just under 200lb. My friend who is 5'4 and 150lb had a rough time also, but we were told to ride in the back car and it wouldn't be jerky! YEAH RIGHT! I dunno by what you meant defensively, I tried to hold my arms up and I couldn't because I was trying to keep my butt in my seat because around the final few turns there I jerked around so hard, that if it wasn't for that lap bar and belt, I would've fell out!

^ In my experience, the worst seat on Son of Beast is toward the back. Kind of the rule of thumb, fastest in the front, thrashing in the back kind of thing. And, don't ride over the wheels. Pick a middle seat in the car.

At 177 pounds and 5'8", I think I am a normal sized girl and I love riding that coaster. :D

Cortney – I have been looking forward to reading about how your trip went, you enthusiasm in anticipation of your visit has been fun to read. Sorry to hear that some lines where rather long for you, but if you go back please PM-mail me and I will give you some tips on how to avoid a lot of the lines in either dry/water side of the park. One of the things to do is be there at rope drop but in your first post you said

“We parked at the Water Park entrance and got an all-day locker and plus we were planning to head back there later on that day.”
The Water Park opens one hour later than the dry side, but in your second post you said
“We hit Face-Off at the beginning, we got there when the park open and so it was an hour.”
Now I’m confused.

Well nice report and ride descriptions of your visit, did you see any shows or had funny/memorable moments with your family or friend.

We were there last night as well. The weather was, indeed, perfect. We did our standard eight ride night: The Beast, Vortex, Racer, AE, SoB, Drop Tower, Delerium, The Beast..... Glad you had fun, but when it comes to SoB, my advice is to ride it when the sun starts to go down or later. For some reason, when the track is in the direct sunlight during the hottest part of the day, the ride is very rough. When it is cooler, the ride is fine. And I've always found that refrigerated Corn Huskers Lotion provides a great deal of relief when I have a sunburn.

Wow was the weather ever perfect for a day at an amusement park, sunny but really really hot. We parked at the Water Park entrance and got an all-day locker and plus we were planning to head back there later on that day.

We had my 6 y/o niece and so we had to split our time between her and what we all wanted to do. We rode the Rugrats ride first and I mean my niece enjoyed that one to pieces. ;)

Beast- 5 minute wait....got on and off in less than 10 minutes....great ride. We rode in the back and it wasn't jerky at all.

Vortex - less than an hour wait...(they had 3 trains going by the time we got on)...still jerky! It knocked one of my earrings out of my ear, but I caught it...but the rumor of it being torn down was still going around.

Delirium - Holy cow! I wasn't going to even get on this one...but I am glad I did. I loved it! I actually thought we were going to go all the way over at the peak!

Face-Off - My friend and I sat in 2 different rows so we could face off and it was better than the last time I rode it because I didn't feel like I was going to fall out! LOL The line was the longest we waited the whole day.

Son of Beast - NEVER EVER AGAIN! UGH! I dunno if its as jerky or worse than it was with the stupid loop. But before we even go down to the chain lift, it jerked me so hard my back cracked in all the wrong places! Its short compared to The Beast....I'd rather wait in line for The Beast over this one.

Firehawk- 2 hour wait and I wasn't doing that and paying 75 cents to put my bag into a locker!

Flight of Fear - was the last ride we went on....its so much better since they changed the restraints...not jerky to me at all!

Back Lot - didn't go on it...lines were long by the time we got around to it and some one said it was a 2 hour wait the one time we got in line

Water Park - hah we spent probably 3 hours over in there, I'd say most of the park's attendance was over in there....had a blast...never going on that Down Under one....both me and my friend got banged up on it!

i was there the same day the longest we waited for anything was about 10 minutes and that was for Adventure Express :huh: my friend did wait in line for about 30 minutes for crypt it broke down i told get out of line but no i have to ride it right now he said.

he had to bring the worst luck to rides because on delirum the ride before him someone vomited on 3 of the seats every ride but a couple were walk up and ride. The Beast was fairly smooth (until the helix) Firehawks line was about a 2 hour wait all day long Has Vortex always had a short line since Firehawk opened because all day it was short and last time i was there it was short x-bases rides were long waits all day I got sick halfway through the day so my friend rode alot of stuff alone. But overall a good day Backlot was the first thing we rode it was about a five minute wait.

i was there the same day the longest we waited for anything was about 10 minutes and that was for Adventure Express :huh: my friend did wait in line for about 30 minutes for crypt it broke down i told get out of line but no i have to ride it right now he said.

he had to bring the worst luck to rides because on delirum the ride before him someone vomited on 3 of the seats every ride but a couple were walk up and ride. The Beast was fairly smooth (until the helix) Firehawks line was about a 2 hour wait all day long Has Vortex always had a short line since Firehawk opened because all day it was short and last time i was there it was short x-bases rides were long waits all day I got sick halfway through the day so my friend rode alot of stuff alone. But overall a good day Backlot was the first thing we rode it was about a five minute wait.

“We hit Face-Off at the beginning, we got there when the park open and so it was an hour.”
Now I’m confused.

I was thinking about this more, and my guess is she did not literally mean she got there at the rope drop....heck, to her, 10:45 am could have been "when the park open[ed]"....in that case, hitting Invertigo at that time is horrible strategy and probably why the wait was long....

To minimize waits, I've always found the following strategy pretty good....hit Firehawk at rope drop, then do FOF, then do Drop Tower, SOB, and Delirium (or a similar combo), then go over and hit The Crypt and BLSC...I can easily do that pattern all before 1-1:30 pm on most days, even busy ones, and then just take it easy the rest of the day.

I've always found Invertigo and Flight Deck to have smaller lines in the evening starting around 5:00 pm-ish, and Racer, Vortex, and Beast usually don't have too long of lines no matter when you ride.