15 Year old girl gives ride op the ride of his life....

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

A very shocking incident took place in Germany during Kiel Week involving the portable Power Tower 2 60 meter tall freefall tower ride. From what I’ve been led to understand, a 15 year old girl in one of the ride’s seats managed to grab one of the passing ride-ops with her arms and legs and said something to the extent of, “Now you’re going with me,” just as the ride began it’s cycle and lifted him into the air. If you check the news link, there is a photo of the man hanging from the car in mid ride. Knowing the ride, apparently he was able to grab onto one of the restraint bars and riders in the nearby seats also noticed what was happening and grabbed onto his clothing to help hold him in place. As shocking as it sounds, apparently the rise rose to the top and completed the drop cycle and the man survived unharmed.

News Link

Couple of things:

- Initially reading the title of this topic, I had NO IDEA what to expect. ;)

Seriously though:

I have heard that the safety specs for European rides are nowhere near the US, but I find it disturbing that the ride would be allowed to engage w/o all the operators in a "safe zone".

Rough translation of story:

Fair catapult tears man 60 meters upwards

FROM M. HUSMANN and T. KNOOP

He has no rope, no protection. He has only his strong arms with which he clings to his life.

Fair horror in Kiel! Show plate-assistant Michael N. (43 *) is torn by the platform of the " power of Tower “ from 60 meters upwards. Michael N. clings from the outside in a steel hanger firmly. The insanity journey lasts 2 minutes: In the free case the platform races to ground. However, the courageous show plate falls. Bottomless carelessness had led to the drama. Police speaker Tanya Emmen: „ A 15-year-old girl has clasped the man shortly before the start and has said: Now you come along! “ There the start process already ran and was to be stopped no more. Also in the air the show plate still hangs between the legs of the girl.

Reader's reporter Kirsten Sievers (49) taken a photo of the fair insanity on the Kiel week – because her husband belonged to the passengers. „ I have got only nothing at all. “ Nevertheless, then the first eyewitnesses started to shout.

Yeah i am pretty sure that in The US that if a ride op was somehow not in his proper area and he did get grabbed the other ride ops would take notice of this and stop the ride immediatly. Does anyone know what kind of punishment the girl got? She must have been pretty strong to grab that guy and hold onto him.

Couple of things:

- Initially reading the title of this topic, I had NO IDEA what to expect. ;)

Neither did I!

Wow. I don't know what else to say. Trouble on both ends, the girl for being insane, and the manufacturer/ops for questionable procedures.

Reminds me of my ex. Can you say clingy?