Pride Night moved!

Cody

http://www.pridenight.com/

Im super excitied this year =)! lowerd prices for us !? wow thanks! Im just wondering whos all go from the forums? I will be going and I am super excitied! This year will probly be the best year ever =)!

This topic is only about details about pride night and whos going, dont come here spamming or hateing, thanks.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefuly you can make it! It should be a great night of fun =) and Im excitied about the prices geting marked down! lol

Yeah, I was a huge critic of when the event was changed from June as Red Shirt Day to Pride Night. I've actually come to enjoy the event. The Entertainment Department usually does some special shows and there is often other entertainment brought in from outside.

Always a cool event.

So when do we straight people get our private pride night?

Ahhhh, may want to do a little research on what "Pride" is all about.

June is traditionally recognized as Pride Month in most of the world.

Though advances have been made well above what I expected in my lifetime, there are still great mountains to climb.

A good place to start the research would be the Stonewall Riots.

Stonewall

So when do we straight people get our private pride night?

Isn't October 31st straight night? The only night a straight guy can put on a dress, do up his hair, put on some makeup without being made fun of, some even receive compliments!

Not that GLB or CD should ever be made fun of either, anytime. It's all for fun and to be happy in ones life. And yes my family and I have gay friends.

hmmm.... I remember years ago going to "Kings & Queens" weekend and staying at the campground very fun times indeed and that was with missing out on the Friday night event. I have been planning a 4 park trip around that time starting on a tuesday with Kings Island and circling my way around to Indiana Beach then Holiday World and ending on a Friday at Kentucky Kingdom. With this event looks like I may just reverse my trip. Thanks for bringing this up it was pure coincidence that I found out about anything the first time this sounds great to me. Now just to see who I can drag with me (no pun intended) from TN.

I won't go so far as to be "hateful" or anything, but...

Is there an African American pride night?

What about a Jewish pride night?

How about a Christian pride night?

Is the park REALLY available for those kinds of group events?

Your missing a fact here, the park does not put on these events. The park is rented out to this organization the same way it is rented out to P&G.

Your missing a fact here, the park does not put on these events. The park is rented out to this organization the same way it is rented out to P&G.

^ Yes...I believe that's referred to as "Tide Pride Night"! :lol:

Sorry...I couldn't resist ;) (I think Interpreter's puns have started to affect me!! <g>)

OK one or two of you missed my no spamming and no hateing.

Why do we have a pride night? because its one day in our lifes were we all can get together and have a peaceful day. Im an openly gay teenager. I took that big step at age of 12, ( I knew I was gay for a while, I always had strange attractions to the same sex, and then I when I knew what I had and was, I came out) Now im 18 and this year alone I told my real dad and my step mom, my dad and step mom thinks its awsome that im gay, and infact they even said they would love to come to pride with me. My mom and step dad are the people who think being gay is a sin and that I will go to hell. I havent told them yet cause I do love my mom! Now being open has gotten in alot of trouble, Fights at school, geting yelled at when i hold hands, geting called "***get" alot in school. I dropped out of school at the age of 16 because of all this. I now have my G.E.D. Now when I was 16 - 17 , I thought about sucide alot. Because people make you think your not wanted at all. I decided to push forward all that and stand up for our rights.

When you ask why isn't there a straight pride? I wanna ask you do you get yelled at when you hold your lovers hand in the mall? Do you get yelled at cause you dress different or you may talk like a girl? Do you have thoughts of sucide because day after day theres always one person that wants to bring you down soo low? You don't understand what we go threw! So One day out of a year is what we ask for a day of peace and that day we are proud to be what we are

I think people will start realize its 2008 people need to wake up we have to accept people for who they are you know if you don't like it than tough. Rumor Smasher I respect you for what you just said man. I'm looking forward to this event for Pride I have gone every year almost except 06' I can't wait and I am so glad the weather will be warm still and not freezing like the past few years were in late Sept good on there part to get it moved up to late Aug. :D

You are correct, Dane, in that the GLCCC is no different than P&G, GE or any other company that rents out the park. While I do not agree with what secondson is implying, the park does put on a Christian event every year, Spirit Song, which is not just a renting out of Timberwolf but an actual park event.

I wasn't able to work it last year, but may try to do it this year.

If you have the chance, definitely work that night! It was always one of my favorite times to work. Everyone is there to have fun, and there is usually some good entertainment at the park then. Some of the performances they had in Festhaus in past years were very good! Unlike other events at the park, including the one I previously mentioned above, I personally cannot remember having even one bad experience on Pride Night.

I think people will start realize its 2008 people need to wake up we have to accept people for who they are you know if you don't like it than tough. Rumor Smasher I respect you for what you just said man. I'm looking forward to this event for Pride I have gone every year almost except 06' I can't wait and I am so glad the weather will be warm still and not freezing like the past few years were in late Sept good on there part to get it moved up to late Aug. :D

Thank you! Hopefuly soon we can live in a hate free zone but we are far from it =( but we have progress!

Having worked a Pride Night in 2001 everyone was very nice and had a great time. I have no qualms about KI having a day. People shouldn't have to hide because they are attracted to the same gender. We need to move on from such petty things and rumor smasher congrats for being open about it and not making a huge mistake.

Why do we have a pride night? because its one day in our lifes were we all can get together and have a peaceful day. Im an openly gay teenager. I took that big step at age of 12, ( I knew I was gay for a while, I always had strange attractions to the same sex, and then I when I knew what I had and was, I came out) Now im 18 and this year alone I told my real dad and my step mom, my dad and step mom thinks its awsome that im gay, and infact they even said they would love to come to pride with me. My mom and step dad are the people who think being gay is a sin and that I will go to hell. I havent told them yet cause I do love my mom! Now being open has gotten in alot of trouble, Fights at school, geting yelled at when i hold hands, geting called "***get" alot in school. I dropped out of school at the age of 16 because of all this. I now have my G.E.D. Now when I was 16 - 17 , I thought about sucide alot. Because people make you think your not wanted at all. I decided to push forward all that and stand up for our rights.

When you ask why isn't there a straight pride? I wanna ask you do you get yelled at when you hold your lovers hand in the mall? Do you get yelled at cause you dress different or you may talk like a girl? Do you have thoughts of suicide because day after day theres always one person that wants to bring you down soo low? You don't understand what we go threw! So One day out of a year is what we ask for a day of peace and that day we are proud to be what we are

Good for you. I'm glad that you have stayed strong for what is only natural for you. Unfortunately, not everyone can be that strong. I had a friend that couldn't live with telling his family in fear of what they would say/do and succumbed to his suicidal thoughts.

Guest kwindshawne

When you ask why isn't there a straight pride? I wanna ask you do you get yelled at when you hold your lovers hand in the mall? Do you get yelled at cause you dress different or you may talk like a girl? Do you have thoughts of sucide because day after day theres always one person that wants to bring you down soo low? You don't understand what we go threw! So One day out of a year is what we ask for a day of peace and that day we are proud to be what we are

I dont have a problem with it. I spoke with two gay men last weekend, and they were the nicest people I have encountered this year. Kudos to you and don't let anyone bring you down.

If you have the chance, definitely work that night! It was always one of my favorite times to work. Everyone is there to have fun, and there is usually some good entertainment at the park then. Some of the performances they had in Festhaus in past years were very good! Unlike other events at the park, including the one I previously mentioned above, I personally cannot remember having even one bad experience on Pride Night.

Ohmigod, they are the cleanest, nicest people who come to the park on any given basis.

They're even cleaner than the people from P&G. I only say that because, for a company that specializes in manufacturing cleaning products and non-polluting materials, they sure waste a heck of a LOT of cardboard when giving out free samples of stuff to their employees.

And, need I say this without being reprimanded for it, they're nicer than some of the Christian folk during Spirit Song. You know, when sharing your love and devotion to an all-powerful, all-mighty being who asks that everyone love one another, the least you can do is not become a hypocrite and disrespect those who actually work at the park trying to make sure all the rides are running or the park is spotless when you're here.