Pride Night moved!

Cody

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kwindshawne

If they let me start my shift late, I'll work it. I have a regular job during the week, so it is hard for me to do Fridays at the park.

Ya know, all be it that besides the fact I'm not able to sleep tonight. (Oh, it's gonna be a hard day at work.) I'm very pleased with how well this thread has gone.

In years past, it has degraded and reached a point that it had needed to be closed.

Good On Everyone.

Yea I remember the last topic of pride, it didnt make it very far...but atleast this one does0'nt have 10 people jumping the gun at peoples ways of life.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Just leting you guys know that the prices are going to be awsome! Also you get to ride The Beast at midnight! I suggest you come, even if your not gay or les. Aslong you support!! Also its all about having a good time!!! I would like to see some of you there!

I won't go so far as to be "hateful" or anything, but...

Is there an African American pride night?

What about a Jewish pride night?

How about a Christian pride night?

Is the park REALLY available for those kinds of group events?

Your missing a fact here, the park does not put on these events. The park is rented out to this organization the same way it is rented out to P&G.

OHHHH. I gotcha. I thought this was something the park was sponsoring.

Hey, I don't hate gays. Just letting people know that. So whoever it was that said they didn't like what I was implying...well, you really don't know me, so please don't assume something about me. ;)

OHHHH. I gotcha. I thought this was something the park was sponsoring.

Hey, I don't hate gays. Just letting people know that. So whoever it was that said they didn't like what I was implying...well, you really don't know me, so please don't assume something about me. ;)

"The gays love me for the same reason I love them: Nothing offends them!" - Kathy Griffin

OK one or two of you missed my no spamming and no hateing.

Why do we have a pride night? because its one day in our lifes were we all can get together and have a peaceful day. Im an openly gay teenager. I took that big step at age of 12, ( I knew I was gay for a while, I always had strange attractions to the same sex, and then I when I knew what I had and was, I came out) Now im 18 and this year alone I told my real dad and my step mom, my dad and step mom thinks its awsome that im gay, and infact they even said they would love to come to pride with me. My mom and step dad are the people who think being gay is a sin and that I will go to hell. I havent told them yet cause I do love my mom! Now being open has gotten in alot of trouble, Fights at school, geting yelled at when i hold hands, geting called "***get" alot in school. I dropped out of school at the age of 16 because of all this. I now have my G.E.D. Now when I was 16 - 17 , I thought about sucide alot. Because people make you think your not wanted at all. I decided to push forward all that and stand up for our rights.

When you ask why isn't there a straight pride? I wanna ask you do you get yelled at when you hold your lovers hand in the mall? Do you get yelled at cause you dress different or you may talk like a girl? Do you have thoughts of sucide because day after day theres always one person that wants to bring you down soo low? You don't understand what we go threw! So One day out of a year is what we ask for a day of peace and that day we are proud to be what we are

Hit the nail on the head. I have relatives and friends whom are gay. They are some of my most favorite, kind, non-judgemental folks I've ever had the privelidge of knowing. One of my friends even came out after 20 years. I assured him that nothing was changed other than him finding his true self, which is never a bad thing. Funny that people think you automatically go to hell because you're gay. What I was taught is that God hates the sin, not the sinners.

Hit the nail on the head. I have relatives and friends whom are gay. They are some of my most favorite, kind, non-judgemental folks I've ever had the privelidge of knowing. One of my friends even came out after 20 years. I assured him that nothing was changed other than him finding his true self, which is never a bad thing. Funny that people think you automatically go to hell because you're gay. What I was taught is that God hates the sin, not the sinners.

KIBeast - let me tell you - that was the greatest thing that you could do.

When I came out I was 28 years old. (What I consider coming out is not hiding any more.) Anyway, I told everyone I knew within a week of the decision. The person I worried most about was telling my best buddy. He was a str8 guy and we worked together and did pretty much everything together. He and I went out to Mainstreet Brewery after work one night and I drove him home. Pulled over on a side street in College Park and told him. He looked dead at me and said, "So how are you any different today than you were yesterday." It was the best thing that I could have been told!

LOL, Now the kick in the butt was - he goes home and tells his wife. She looks at him and says, "well yeah Trace is gay!"

LOL, Women sometimes have the best GayDar.

Guest kwindshawne

KIBeast - let me tell you - that was the greatest thing that you could do.

When I came out I was 28 years old. (What I consider coming out is not hiding any more.) Anyway, I told everyone I knew within a week of the decision. The person I worried most about was telling my best buddy. He was a str8 guy and we worked together and did pretty much everything together. He and I went out to Mainstreet Brewery after work one night and I drove him home. Pulled over on a side street in College Park and told him. He looked dead at me and said, "So how are you any different today than you were yesterday." It was the best thing that I could have been told!

LOL, Now the kick in the butt was - he goes home and tells his wife. She looks at him and says, "well yeah Trace is gay!"

LOL, Women sometimes have the best GayDar.

Not all of us do...for real??? Never would have guessed :)

When you ask why isn't there a straight pride? I wanna ask you do you get yelled at when you hold your lovers hand in the mall? Do you get yelled at cause you dress different or you may talk like a girl? Do you have thoughts of sucide because day after day theres always one person that wants to bring you down soo low? You don't understand what we go threw! So One day out of a year is what we ask for a day of peace and that day we are proud to be what we are

I'm not against the park having Pride Night, frankly could less. If it doesn't affect me I don't care what anybody else does. Biblically it is wrong and that's the only thing about that lifestyle that I don't like or agree with are the gay "christians".

But as for your quoted paragraph above, gays aren't the only ones to ever be yelled at, picked on, beat up or hell even killed.

Yes, biblically, it is wrong. However, as I stated before, God hates the sin, not the sinner. Let's not allow this to turn into a religious debate. If you don't like it or are indifferent, then why does it even interest you to post in this thread? I would think that this subject would be of no concern to you unless you came in to stir the pot.

i'm for leaving the "debate" end out- i'm certain that whoever started the thread didn't do it to stir controversy.

If I'm not mistaken a few years ago at Paramount's request the organizers moved it to it's own "rented" day because they were bringing a plethora of people on top of already busy days.

Yes, biblically, it is wrong. However, as I stated before, God hates the sin, not the sinner. Let's not allow this to turn into a religious debate. If you don't like it or are indifferent, then why does it even interest you to post in this thread? I would think that this subject would be of no concern to you unless you came in to stir the pot.

I posted to remark on the quoted paragraph above my post, that gays and lesbians aren't the only ones to have ever been discriminated against, yelled at, picked on or beat up.

Even after the park had the Pride event moved to a private night, many people wearing the red shirts still had an unofficial outing in June (no pun intended). Several years ago, I was working one of those days, and a "concerned father" gave me hell because people of a lifestyle different from his happened to be at the park.

No wonder it made sense to have a private night.

And I'll add, I think we should have a one-size-fits all, fair rule.... not necessarily a law, or a park rule, but more a social guideline. We either allow EVERYONE to have public displays of affection, or allow nobody to do so. If we're going to let a guy and a girl make out in line, then who is to say that two people of the same gender can't do that? "I'm just sayin'"

i am ALL FOR getting the 14 and 15 year olds from making out in line.

I think we should take the photos they like to snap so much with their camera phones and forward them to their parents.

and i know its more than the teenagers do it- but if you were to tap the largest percentage of EVERYONE, gay, straight (i've personally never seen two gay people making out at KI) put together I'll bet it's a 90/10% rule. 90% under the age 18.

Guest kwindshawne
Even after the park had the Pride event moved to a private night, many people wearing the red shirts still had an unofficial outing in June (no pun intended). Several years ago, I was working one of those days, and a "concerned father" gave me hell because people of a lifestyle different from his happened to be at the park.

No wonder it made sense to have a private night.

And I'll add, I think we should have a one-size-fits all, fair rule.... not necessarily a law, or a park rule, but more a social guideline. We either allow EVERYONE to have public displays of affection, or allow nobody to do so. If we're going to let a guy and a girl make out in line, then who is to say that two people of the same gender can't do that? "I'm just sayin'"

I have come to the point that I don't care...I just look the other way or leave the scene. I have bigger problems than what someone else does.

I posted to remark on the quoted paragraph above my post, that gays and lesbians aren't the only ones to have ever been discriminated against, yelled at, picked on or beat up.

Wasn't saying we are the only ones, I was just saying we are the target now and days. I see alot more gay hate then black hate or any other hate in this world.

back on topic, I would like to know whos all going? I will be there with someone special that just recently enterd my life =).

Questions: I told some of my family's gay friends about this and they purchased tickets online; but the park calander says the park is closed this date, will they be able to get in with the tickets they purchased? And if a season pass holder is gay, can they get in with their pass? What if a family wants to go; even if they are not gay but have gay friends attending? Are they not being allowed to attend?

What are the rules?

Questions: I told some of my family's gay friends about this and they purchased tickets online; but the park calander says the park is closed this date, will they be able to get in with the tickets they purchased? And if a season pass holder is gay, can they get in with their pass? What if a family wants to go; even if they are not gay but have gay friends attending? Are they not being allowed to attend?

What are the rules?

Season Pass or Regular Tickets do not get you in to the event, you have to buy at ticket at an outlet or online for this event! See here for more info http://www.pridenight.com/

What are the rules?

Season Pass or Regular Tickets do not get you in to the event, you have to buy at ticket at an outlet or online for this event! See here for more info http://www.pridenight.com/

thanks for the info, hope my friends can exchange their tickets for what they need to attend.

Just remember that season passes and good any day tickets are only valid when the park is open to the general public. They are not valid for pride night or during P&G or any other day that the park is sold out for private events. Tickets must be purchased through those privite outlets that are sponsoring the event.