Pride Night moved!

Cody

Guest TombraiderTy
They're even cleaner than the people from P&G. I only say that because, for a company that specializes in manufacturing cleaning products and non-polluting materials, they sure waste a heck of a LOT of cardboard when giving out free samples of stuff to their employees.

From what I heard, a lot of the P&G kids were real brats.

Funny that people think you automatically go to hell because you're gay. What I was taught is that God hates the sin, not the sinners.

Well not trying to start a debate or anything, but...

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders" (1 Corinthians 6:9)

And I'll add, I think we should have a one-size-fits all, fair rule.... not necessarily a law, or a park rule, but more a social guideline. We either allow EVERYONE to have public displays of affection, or allow nobody to do so. If we're going to let a guy and a girl make out in line, then who is to say that two people of the same gender can't do that? "I'm just sayin'"

Many straights don't find two men or two women making out appealing, and I do not have any statistics to back this up, but I'm assuming the majority of park guests are these straights who don't want to see it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Many straights don't find two men or two women making out appealing, and I do not have any statistics to back this up, but I'm assuming the majority of park guests are these straights who don't want to see it."

You know what they say about assuming, right? <_< I'm straight but I could care less about who I see holding hands or kissing in the park as long as they don't cross that line into a vulgar display. Keep the tongue-sharing and groping in private. Otherwise, I have no issue with it.

I believe you mean you couldn't care less....

Terpy, doin' his usual thang (this is the second time today, Woofer...should you be keeping count...)

You're right. And I should have known better. I've been on this forum long enough to know your pet peeve. I apologize. ^_^

Guest TombraiderTy
"Many straights don't find two men or two women making out appealing, and I do not have any statistics to back this up, but I'm assuming the majority of park guests are these straights who don't want to see it."

You know what they say about assuming, right? <_< I'm straight but I could care less about who I see holding hands or kissing in the park as long as they don't cross that line into a vulgar display. Keep the tongue-sharing and groping in private. Otherwise, I have no issue with it.

I would prefer not to see anyone making out in the park, but someone giving another person a quick kiss or anything is fine. Now flame me all you want, but two men or two women giving each other a kiss is more disturbing than a man and woman making out to me. But that's my personal opinion and I am in no way trying to stir anything up or anything.

I would prefer not to see anyone making out in the park, but someone giving another person a quick kiss or anything is fine. Now flame me all you want, but two men or two women giving each other a kiss is more disturbing than a man and woman making out to me. But that's my personal opinion and I am in no way trying to stir anything up or anything.

I had no intent to flame you. Just expressing my opinion, too. You expressed yours in a mature way and I appreciate that. I wish more people could do that.

And Terpy...for as many times as I have snickered at those who have fallen into your trap, I had not expected to be one of them. :lol:

Guest TombraiderTy

^ I have only responded to other posts in this topic and have in no way "expressed my feelings". The only thing negative thing I've said is that I would prefer not to see homosexuals kissing, which is shared with many. And the only reason I posted that was as a response.

Now I could express my feelings and say all the reasons why I am very strongly against homosexuality, but I too would rather a thread be kept on topic and therefore will not post that.

Plus, if I did, it'd be edited by a mod and I'd have a personal message with a warning.

Wouldn't be surprised if I already got one...

But, as said, I am not trying to create any problems and I did not view my posts as the start of any. Keeping something going between us, however, would start one.

Funny that people think you automatically go to hell because you're gay. What I was taught is that God hates the sin, not the sinners.

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders" (1 Corinthians 6:9)

And I'll add, I think we should have a one-size-fits all, fair rule.... not necessarily a law, or a park rule, but more a social guideline. We either allow EVERYONE to have public displays of affection, or allow nobody to do so. If we're going to let a guy and a girl make out in line, then who is to say that two people of the same gender can't do that? "I'm just sayin'"

Many straights don't find two men or two women making out appealing, and I do not have any statistics to back this up, but I'm assuming the majority of park guests are these straights who don't want to see it.

^ I have only responded to other posts in this topic and have in no way "expressed my feelings". The only thing negative thing I've said is that I would prefer not to see homosexuals kissing, which is shared with many. And the only reason I posted that was as a response.

Now I could express my feelings and say all the reasons why I am very strongly against homosexuality, but I too would rather a thread be kept on topic and therefore will not post that.

Plus, if I did, it'd be edited by a mod and I'd have a personal message with a warning.

Wouldn't be surprised if I already got one...

But, as said, I am not trying to create any problems and I did not view my posts as the start of any. Keeping something going between us, however, would start one.

I find saying that all gay people go to burn in a pit of fire after they die, is pretty negative. You had no reason to post in this topic. If you wanna to reply to the P&G comment then you shoulda took some more time editing, But instead you just told this thread that two guys or two gals giving a peck on the lips is somehow disgusting(when they are showing their love for one another) and ofcorse by preaching something out of your "life line" bible. What you sir are doing is called "hate". Now As soon as you delete your last 2 posts to this thread, then I will delete mine.

Guest TombraiderTy

First off, I honestly couldn't care less if you deleted your two posts. Second, did I say that all gay people burn for eternity in Hell? No, and I would prefer they not. I was quoting a section of the Bible. And I'm not in the mood to have some argument because it's clear that we both have different beliefs and opinions.

Back on the topic, anyone think that the Brady Bunch may be appearing since that's what is featured in the link?

First off, I honestly couldn't care less if you deleted your two posts. Second, did I say that all gay people burn for eternity in Hell? No, and I would prefer they not. I was quoting a section of the Bible. And I'm not in the mood to have some argument because it's clear that we both have different beliefs and opinions.

Back on the topic, anyone think that the Brady Bunch may be appearing since that's what is featured in the link?

Get off my topic if your going to talk about the brady bunch. Let me correct you, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders" (1 Corinthians 6:9)

HMMM when I read this, this is bascally telling me I dont get into this "kingdom". Also according to the same bible you got that out of , the only other kingdom is a burning pit of fire. Now delete your past 3 posts in this topic and dont post again in this topic.

Edit: This is your final warning

Guest TombraiderTy

^Are you a moderator? No. So please don't tell me to delete my posts and get out of this topic.

And if you click on the first link, you will see a video of the Brady Bunch, which is why I was asking that. Doesn't it have to do with Pride Night? Yes. So once more, don't tell me to get out of the topic.

Finally, I'm a bit confused by what you're saying. I think you may have read my past post wrong. I myself did not say that homosexuals would burn in Hell, I was saying that a section of the Bible said that. And while I wish that this would not happen, I believe it will.

Any other complaints?

^Are you a moderator? No. So please don't tell me to delete my posts and get out of this topic.

And if you click on the first link, you will see a video of the Brady Bunch, which is why I was asking that. Doesn't it have to do with Pride Night? Yes. So once more, don't tell me to get out of the topic.

Finally, I'm a bit confused by what you're saying. I think you may have read my past post wrong. I myself did not say that homosexuals would burn in Hell, I was saying that a section of the Bible said that. And while I wish that this would not happen, I believe it will.

Any other complaints?

You came to my topic with disrespect, And your posts will be removed. You are messed up in the head. What kinda person says "i wish that this would not happen , I believe it will" thats like saying I love you but you gotta go burn in hell. Are you apart of the westboro church by any chance? You need to get out of this topic , you have no questions about the event and it seems you already hate everyone thats going to be there, I guess I will see you there with your picket sign!! and the brady bunch clip is just for a little entertainment.

My Gawd....

What is this world coming to.

First I actually agree with some things that Uncle Henry has said....

Then I agree with Rumor Smasher???

I'm gonna have to call my doctor on Monday. <G>

Seriously Tombraider, we can take this private and I can quote Bible Verse for Verse to you.

I have been a practicing Episopalian for ohhhhhh about 40 years.

But that is not what this topic is about. <Another phrase I've never posted on this forum!?!?!>

I'm simply stunned that this topic this year has been able to get to 5 pages before nasty little comments were posted. I guess that the board just has fewer trolls than in the past or else people have matured a bit. Heck, maybe it's a combination of the two.

Guest TombraiderTy

^Thank you for clearing up the Brady Bunch clip, although there were other references on the page.

Now I believe that the park will close for the season at the beginning of November. Do I want it to? No. Now explain how that's different from what you're calling me messed up in the head for?

You're right, I don't have anymore questions and the only reason I still post is because I'm being ranted at, plus you've asked questions. If this stupid fight would end I wouldn't have a reason to post here.

And I don't plan on attending with a picket sign in my hands. That's one way how Westboro sends their message, and in my opinion, it's not a good way. It gives a bad impression on Christians.

Finally, I'll be reading through this whole topic again so I can see how this all started.

^Thank you for clearing up the Brady Bunch clip, although there were other references on the page.

Now I believe that the park will close for the season at the beginning of November. Do I want it to? No. Now explain how that's different from what you're calling me messed up in the head for?

You're right, I don't have anymore questions and the only reason I still post is because I'm being ranted at, plus you've asked questions. If this stupid fight would end I wouldn't have a reason to post here.

And I don't plan on attending with a picket sign in my hands. That's one way how Westboro sends their message, and in my opinion, it's not a good way. It gives a bad impression on Christians.

Finally, I'll be reading through this whole topic again so I can see how this all started.

Firstly this got started because your 2 remarks, they were unessecary for this topic. If you forgot to read its called "Pride Night moved!" This should give you a hint that this thread is going to be about pride. Then you came in here saying O you guys go to hell! and yuck! they're shareing a kiss! thats like the highest crime you can commit! All I ask is for you to get out of my topic that I started for this event and delete your comments that are unessecary and you refused. Also im pretty sure you gave christians a great impression tonight!! You bascally told us to go to hell and some how you love us.

Guest TombraiderTy

^Personally, I think your words are more hateful than any of mine.

And did I ever say it was the highest crime? No. So please don't say that I did.

And I was not the first person to say stuff:

So when do we straight people get our private pride night?

Biblically it is wrong...

Now in my first post...

(KIBeast @ Jul 14 2008, 01:24 PM)

I posted this to show KIBeast that the Bible does say that homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God. This was fitting in the topic because of his post.

QUOTE (CoastersNSich @ Jul 15 2008, 02:58 PM)

I was stating that many guests probably don't find it appealing. Many guests also don't find a man and woman making out appealing. However, (and once more, I don't have statistics to back this up) I think that more people would prefer not to see a man and man or woman and woman than they would prefer not to see a man and woman. This was in reponse to CoastersNSich's comment.

Once more, I did not come into this topic to stir anything up, I was only responding to posts I had a response to.

Well my uncle crossed the line when I came out of the closet and was preaching to me about well what if your grandma was still alive how would she feel about you today being gay. This topic is getting out of hand really and is ending up just like the last one did. Hate is a problem of the past and people who hate are still stuck in the past in Cincinnati and can't except people for who they are! There are a lot of people tha are so used to this in big cities such as San Diego,LA,New York,Chicago and don't care about it if someone is kissing the same gender. Cincinnati needs to wake up its 2008 and people can be who they want to be!!!! A lot of laws are being passed for marriages and hate laws have already been in place. I think a lot of younger people who are brought up don't know how to act around people in these situations and always want to make a big deal about. My mom brought up a lady at P&G she worked and she was referring to a guy was oh that black guy and she was making a fuss about him because of barbque or something she said. I think people need to get over the fact people are all the same no matter what race you are,what gender you are we are all human beings we are all here on earth for a reason and how we want to live shouldn't matter to anyone else if she or he likes the same gender because its our right that matters in our lives. I enjoy being who I am and my family loves me always for who I am and cares about me and doesn't think any different of who I am in their eyes. Judging someone is not going to get you anywhere in life.

Guest TombraiderTy

^I try my best not to judge and it's my apologizes if I have anywhere in this topic.

And if I have, please quote the post.

Well, unless Rumor Smasher posts something directed at me, I think I'm done with posting in this topic. Nothing else to say. Enjoy your times at Pride Night.

This is the LAST time any of you will be warned, if you're not discussing the event related to Kings Island then take your discussions elsewhere, sheesh! This topic has nothing to do with the Bible, hate, politics, rights, etc. This topic is about a private event being held at Kings Island by a group who has rented out the park, lets discuss that and keep this relevant. There are plenty of other sites to have these arguments, not here, last warning.

I was shocked how big of a turnout last year was the lines were a little bit big for the last pride night. The support i'm sure is getting better and people are coming from out of town I know to it. Last year people were there from Indy,L-Ville,Lexington,WV I had a great time and can't wait until the 29th next month atleast the weather should be warmer than late Sept. It will be worth going to pay online for $39 for just the 6hours its opened that night. I thought it was very awesome to see how many people came last year way to go KI also the employees are always nice it seems every time I go to the park for Pride Night! :D

• 1 month later...
^Personally, I think your words are more hateful than any of mine.

And did I ever say it was the highest crime? No. So please don't say that I did.

And I was not the first person to say stuff:

So when do we straight people get our private pride night?

Biblically it is wrong...

Now in my first post...

(KIBeast @ Jul 14 2008, 01:24 PM)

I posted this to show KIBeast that the Bible does say that homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God. This was fitting in the topic because of his post.

QUOTE (CoastersNSich @ Jul 15 2008, 02:58 PM)

I was stating that many guests probably don't find it appealing. Many guests also don't find a man and woman making out appealing. However, (and once more, I don't have statistics to back this up) I think that more people would prefer not to see a man and man or woman and woman than they would prefer not to see a man and woman. This was in reponse to CoastersNSich's comment.

Once more, I did not come into this topic to stir anything up, I was only responding to posts I had a response to.

...and then they wonder why we have a pride night. By the way, not all of us believe in the same God, this is America and freedom of religion is one of are rights. All of are rights.

...and then they wonder why we have a pride night. By the way, not all of us believe in the same God, this is America and freedom of religion is one of are rights. All of are rights.

I believe you mean to say "freedom of religion is one of OUR rights. All of OUR rights."

Ya sorry, you get the point. It's late, and I was just learning what I could about Pride Night, being that I'll be there for my first time. I just get so tired of hearing that same old crap. Everyone has freedom of religion and I feel my rights are being offended when others try to push their's on me. It's a private event so if your offended, don't come. Me, I plan on having a blast.

I will *DEFINITELY* be there August.29th. I will be volunteering with my partner for STOP AIDS of Cincinnati (formerly AVOC)

SO

Come out, have fun, get tested and realize we are ALL going to be there to be who we are AND

BE *PROUD* of it!

see all you people there aug.29th~~!!