King Cobra Fatality Rumor

dare-to-fly

The Bat was a great ride! Swinging back and forth through the turns. As a 9 year old, it seemed to swing so far out that you would think you could fly right off the thing, which I guess is part of the thrill. I still have my Bat button, a little rusty.

All I remember of the King Cobra was it not being that long of a ride. Also, when going upside down my feet would came off the floor and my butt off the seat a little bit, I thought something was wrong with my seat. Silly dramatic girl I was, I thought I was going to die, I began screaming about my seat moving. Memories!!! :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a similar experience with that on Grizzly at KD. Lots of lap bar play + loose seat belt = massive airtime especially on the station return

Last season I was riding yellow train,back row with some random kid next to me(it was near closing so we were allowed to re ride in empty seats) when I nearly ended up going over the seat divider & landing square in the kid's seat even with the retractable belt & the lap bar down pretty tight.They changed the bars last season on their woodies so they lock down much tighter now.

As for the flight trainer(Sky pilot) I absolutely HATED that thing after only riding it twice,I can see how someone could slide out from that lap bar...it is an Intamin after all.

Also, when going upside down my feet would came off the floor and my butt off the seat a little bit, I thought something was wrong with my seat. Silly dramatic girl I was, I thought I was going to die, I began screaming about my seat moving. Memories!!! :P

I can share a funny story along these lines now. I was at Mt. Olympus a couple days ago and found a new #1 coaster by the name of Cyclops. I'm glad everyone runs for Hades and keeps the line over there, because I found the back seat of Cyclops to be some sort of sick dream I had that came true! After one train dispatched (one of the few that I had to wait for.) Two younger guys came back from their flight and exclaimed "!@#$, this thing's busted, I about flew out of the thing." To which I just smiled and thought, how naive, that's what the seatbelt is for, and no it's not busted, and yes that's exactly the point. The thrill of this coaster is feeling like you're going to fly out.

With a seatbelt loose enough not to do a thing, and hands high in the air, using a bit of caution, the coaster lover can still experience what true airtime is supposed to be like. It's a whole different world than feeling the pull on your theighs while still being mashed into the seat, it's actually, true out-of-your seat airtime. It is one beautiful thing, and I hope Mt. Olympus never messes it up, and no one messes it up for them. The sign in the station that reads "must be 18 or older to ride in last car" is there for a reason, and must be respected. It also lessens the wait for the last seat, and with the lines being elsewhere when I was there, I was usually able to sprint all the way around from exit to entrance in time to take the same spot that I had only a few seconds prior to be dispatched yet again for another mind blowing ride. And then there we are again, on a death-defying, hair raising experience that made me laugh and cheer every time, only to do it all over again in another few seconds. You're the closest to living when you're on the edge of dying!

Skyliner at Lakemont Park in Altoona, PA is another place to experience true airtime. The backseat has great airtime on the first three drops, and with buzz bars only, no seat belts, and no trim brakes.

Yep, Cyclops is by far the best ride in that park, in my humble opinion. Please tell me you rode what is in my opinion the best wood coaster in the Wisconsin Dells....Avalanche at Timber Falls Adventure Golf!

I wouldn't have missed it for the world. And...other than one rather choppy section on the first "back" trip, it was amazing. Air hill after air hill.

I'm glad to hear someone else thinks Cyclops is the best of the five. I keep referring to the backseat as the answer to a sick dream I had. Talk about a religious experience!