SeaWorld Orlando: Nights Brighter with New AfterDark Shows

Was there a couple of weeks ago, we caught part of the ski show as we were walking around the lake, impressive that they do that kind of show at nighttime. The Shamu shows are awesome. Had planned on watching Mystify as I had seen it many years ago, but when I found out you no longer watched it from the stadium and seen the locations they wanted you to view it from, we just left. I think that was a bad move because after walking around all day, it is nice to SIT and watch a show, not have to find a place to stand along a walkway. Don't understand why they changed that but oh well.

Was there a couple of weeks ago, we caught part of the ski show as we were walking around the lake, impressive that they do that kind of show at nighttime. The Shamu shows are awesome. Had planned on watching Mystify as I had seen it many years ago, but when I found out you no longer watched it from the stadium and seen the locations they wanted you to view it from, we just left. I think that was a bad move because after walking around all day, it is nice to SIT and watch a show, not have to find a place to stand along a walkway. Don't understand why they changed that but oh well.

I never got to see the old night show you are referring to, but the Mistify today is a completely different breed of show entirely. The show encompasses the entire lagoon in the Park. If you didn't stop to watch, you missed out on a great show! It starts slow, but the final 5 minutes or so of the show is gorgeous! I especially love the fireworks shooting off the top of Sky Tower.

As for After Dark, I'm very impressed. SeaWorld has really taken great steps to encourage guests to spend their ENTIRE day in the Park and given them plenty of reasons to do so. From 7:30 on there are 4 completely different night shows to take in. They also have two random DJ booths set up at Oyster Secret and Wild Artic. They play a decent mix of music and do a lot to get the guests participating and dancing!

We've been on 10PM closes since Memorial Day.....meanwhile Universal has been closing at 8. Even Aquatica has been on 10PM close.....and still has a fair amount of people there! Anyone surprised why year after year Universal's attendance continues to slip and SeaWorld gets a bigger piece of the pie?

- Todd

Yeah, we spent 13 hrs at the park that day and left like 10 minutes before the Mystify show started. I didn't realize they had changed the location of the show til then. I still have pictures of the old show which I think had fireworks, the projections onto the mist of water in the air, and i think lasers? Been along time ago, well Wild Artic was new when I was there last! Seen the DJ's going with all the lights and people dancing just like a dance club, was pretty cool, not what you expect to find at a park like that. And was really surprised about Universal closing at 8, didn't understand that at all. Would think it would have been cool as hell to walk around after dark there and over at IOA.

Yeah, we spent 13 hrs at the park that day and left like 10 minutes before the Mystify show started. I didn't realize they had changed the location of the show til then. I still have pictures of the old show which I think had fireworks, the projections onto the mist of water in the air, and i think lasers? Been along time ago, well Wild Artic was new when I was there last! Seen the DJ's going with all the lights and people dancing just like a dance club, was pretty cool, not what you expect to find at a park like that. And was really surprised about Universal closing at 8, didn't understand that at all. Would think it would have been cool as hell to walk around after dark there and over at IOA.

Yeah, the DJ's and stuff are a bit out of the usual to find, but they seem to be getting more and more popular with the guests. Last night had a ton of people up on the Oyster Bridge dancing, I was very surprised. Mistify still utilizes the mist curtains, except they have 3 of them spread across the lagoon....allows more guests a better view. No lasers on this one, but lots of pyro and fire effects to dance along with the fountains in the center.

As for Universal, its very aggravating that they have such early closes. Up until Memorial Day, both Parks were on a 6PM close. They switched to 8PM on Memorial Day, with Sea World switching to 10PM. Last weekend Universal bumped up to 9PM. 4th of July FINALLY brings them to a 10PM close, then again SeaWorld switches to an *11PM* close for the next 3 weeks!

- Todd

If there is one thing I have learned in my (Almost) 20 years on this earth, Anheuser-Busch can build a Thrill/Theme Park better than many could even dream about, let alone actually build. I love Disney, and they are certainly the pinnacle, but Anheuser-Busch should be the standard!

...especially as to food, live shows and service! :) In each of those three areas, I actually think AB is better than Disney....

I would agree that the food and the quality of the food is perhaps the best in the amusement industry. One of my favorite places to eat in any Park happens to be in SeaWorld Orlando at Voyagers. Amazing pasta and pizza there! The A-B parks have always been held to a higher standard, one that could be learned from by Six Flags and Cedar Fair. One of the cornerstones for all the Parks is QUALITY. They truly excel in that in all areas. Food, shows, attractions. Take a look at Dar Kastle at BGE....tell me where else other than Disney or Universal will you find a ride that is as immersive and themed as that? I've seen some concept art for the aquarium and lagoon area that Manta will encompass.....its breath taking. Very detailed and once again completely immerses the guests in the experience. The shows are a step above whats out there, however I'm hard pressed to find anyone who does entertainment better than Disney in terms of the Park experience. None of their night shows can be touched, period. :-)

- Todd

...especially as to food, live shows and service! :) In each of those three areas, I actually think AB is better than Disney....

I agree.

I would trade a dozen trips to Disney for one trip to an AB Park.

I can not say that I've ever had a bad experience at any of the Busch parks.

I agree.

I would trade a dozen trips to Disney for one trip to an AB Park.

I can not say that I've ever had a bad experience at any of the Busch parks.

I had one complaint at Busch Gardens Africa, which ended up with getting mouthy with a game attendant "manager". When you walk up to a game, you usually read the posted instructions and rules, which are usually laid out in plain english. I go for the games you win once and get the big prize, no winning a bunch of small ones and trading up. So i beat the game, not once but twice, since it said limit 2 prizes per day. Woo hoo, I have a happy kid. The attendant looked shocked, so goes and gets her boss to verify. So the boss comes over and lays out different rules then what is posted, hence saying no big prizes for me. We talked about what was posted, just for her to ignore and stick to her guns, rudely, so I basically told them what I thought of their crooked schemes, loudly, ended up getting a big prize from a different game, that was HONEST! Found it sad of all the things that could go wrong there, they made an issue out of a stuffed animal. other than that, I also would take an AB park over any of them, they are just amazing to walk through.