Death at SFOG

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is how it is in the Insurance World.

So next time ya think about the "Big Bad Insurance Company," just realize that it is likely that the park will throw some money at the family while accepting no fault for the accident. It's all about lowest ultimate cost.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

You know 2 fences and multiple signs that warn not to enter, and yet some teenage moron enters the premise and dies because he is struck by a coaster. Maybe all rides should have barbed wire fences, trip flares, and guard towers. If all else fails unleash the guard dogs.

Yet more than likely his family will be rewarded by their sons wrong doing and stupidity. I know these comments might be harsh and not PC, but honestly there aren't enough people that speak the truth. Whether its the news or politicians. We as a country have a screwed up society when it comes to rewarding morons and individuals that are in the wrong. More and more we live in a wellfare state.

I will step down from my soapbox now.

I dont understand why he jumped the fence in the first place. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't fences usually mean stay out...not come in? When you go to an amusement park or anywhere for that matter there are rules to be followed. If you don't follow the rules then you have to pay the price...sometimes its minor, othertimes its worse..like in this case. Whatever way you look at this situation its the kids fault for jumping the fence. This is not Six Flags fault. Thousands of people visit there park every day and nothing bad happens cause they follow the rules. The family needs to accept the fact that what there son did was wrong and was completely his fault. Noone forced him to jump that fence. He did it on his own. Its sad that he died and I'm sure his family is hurting, but instead of blaming the park and others for there sons death, they need to just let it go.

^That's the logical and realistic argument. But when you put a theme park that could be squeezed from potential millions the argument grows quite illogical. Then there are tons of lawyers all screaming "GO FOR IT!!!!" The world today makes me sick.

I just read the articles about this after looking at one of the SF websites.

Why would anyone jump a fence to get a lost item?! I almost lost an earring on Vortex, but heck I would've lost it and been like it was my own doing.

I feel for the family and all, but sounds like it was the kids stupid choice to do what he did and he paid, sadly, with his life. Fences are there for a reason and the signs are there to make you aware that you aren't suppose to enter.

I just read the articles about this after looking at one of the SF websites.

Why would anyone jump a fence to get a lost item?! I almost lost an earring on Vortex, but heck I would've lost it and been like it was my own doing.

I feel for the family and all, but sounds like it was the kids stupid choice to do what he did and he paid, sadly, with his life. Fences are there for a reason and the signs are there to make you aware that you aren't suppose to enter.

Yeah, climbing a fence should be your first clue that you shouldn't be doing that....

I agree, it does sound harsh and not politically correct. But I completely agree. I wish I could slap one, if not all, of his family members.

You could always push his family members out in front of a train!!!

Im going to change the expression to front of a batman rollercoaster!!

Guest kwindshawne
Sickening. The kid was clearly in the wrong and they got a lawyer. Sigh.

I am guessing several lawyers were calling them after this incident happened. I am also sure that the phrase, "someone needs to pay for your son's death" was also used by many of them.

My daughter used to work at Subway and one night she sliced the end of her finger off. Workers comp paid, yadda yadda. We continued to get offers to sue from lawyers for 6 months after the accident. I got sick of it and sent a nasty note back to one of them. Why sue for a healed injury? Puhhleezeee!!!

Teen's Death Leads To Sign Change at SFOG:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5icJKWwV...BNUgWQD91MDG780

One British paper put it a little less delicately:

http://www.britainnews.net/story/378376

Had the park only used the words "Extreme Danger!"

This tragic incident could have been averted had the two six foot fences had that exact term on the signage!

^ Well of course! Those two words in large font, multiplied across the whole SIX FOOT FENCE would definitely have kept him out.

I just wish the park had taken the care to put 5 more fences up and the moat (without water as we'd have to warn of that as well) to prevent this loss.

• 3 weeks later...
I really don't understand how attorney's like that can live with themselves.

I guess it was not bad enough that most Personal Injury Attornies got C's in law school. The they have to advertise their ignorance!

They probably amuse themselves with the fact they got A's in apostrophe use! :)

Besides, the old saying around law schools is A students make professors, B students make judges and C students make....money. Along the same lines, do you know what they call the person who graduated last in his or her class in medical school? Doctor.

I really don't understand how attorney's like that can live with themselves.

I guess it was not bad enough that most Personal Injury Attornies got C's in law school. The they have to advertise their ignorance!

They probably amuse themselves with the fact they got A's in apostrophe use! :)

Besides, the old saying around law schools is A students make professors, B students make judges and C students make....money. Along the same lines, do you know what they call the person who graduated last in his or her class in medical school? Doctor.

Or you just save the time and call his Malpractice Insurer.

• 3 years later...