Rollercoaster(s) rumor

lil lynn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the time frame of the rumor. If it's next year, it will never happen. Eventually, in all likelihood, it will................... But if he meant to say that CF is planning 3 new coasters for KI, that is possible, in theory anyway. But a lot can happen between now and the time when any new rides will be installed........

Since we are talking about CP and rumors I heard a rumor that CP was going to get a new world record breaking rollercoaster. It will be the lowest rollercoaster to the ground. Only like 10-15 feet off the ground the whole time.

The person I heard it from is unreliable but is there any truth to it? If not then when will CP get a new rollercoaster?

Well I heard that CP is getting a wooden coaster that's near Wicked Twister. So those markers that are near Disaster Transport may be where it'll go.

So may DT will go and the new wooden coaster will come??

Good theory??

Would love to see CP build an intamin woodie like El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure. One can only hope.

Since we are talking about CP and rumors I heard a rumor that CP was going to get a new world record breaking rollercoaster. It will be the lowest rollercoaster to the ground. Only like 10-15 feet off the ground the whole time.

The person I heard it from is unreliable but is there any truth to it? If not then when will CP get a new rollercoaster?

Umm, they already have one of those. It's called the CP&LE Railroad :P

My cousin, who works at the CP Marina said he heard a rumor that KI is getting 3 new rollercoasters. I don't really believe that but thought I would share.

I actually heard this same rumor last fall. What I heard is that KI had signed a deal to get 3 coasters over a 5 years period. I think that was the timeframe. I didn't really take it seriously. I hope it is true.

If they all would be from B+M what would they be?

The two I think KI really needs:

Hyper

Inverted

The third?

Sitting Coaster

Diving Maching (this would be my choice)

Floorless

Couldn't Firehawk be considered the first coaster and the 2009 coaster be the second?

a. Park chains sign such deals, not individual parks that are part of a chain. There would be no advantage for them to do so.

b. If a contract had been signed with B & M, Firehawk would certainly have nothing to do with it, being neither B & M nor new....

Couldn't Firehawk be considered the first coaster and the 2009 coaster be the second?

a. Park chains sign such deals, not individual parks that are part of a chain. There would be no advantage for them to do so.

b. If a contract had been signed with B & M, Firehawk would certainly have nothing to do with it, being neither B & M nor new....

No reply, but just to reiterate.

Why would B&M agree with to this when the price of steel could go up in five years?

If there was a contract made how do you know that it wasn't and adjustable contract to flux with the price of steel or were you there when they made the deal?

I'm sure that the contracts are drawn up where the cost of materials is open-ended that suits the park as well as B & M.

Also, when it comes down to purchasing the materials, once the contracts are signed between B & M and the park for the coaster, then B & M will come to an agreement and sign a contract with steel supplier and lock in a certain price.

I have to deal with this type of thing everyday since the cost of materials where I work have skyrocketed. It is a double edged sword. In many cases, there are only one or two suppliers for a certain product. And our supplier has a contract with us for a certain amount of product, for a certain amount of time, for a certain cost. Now if the cost of the material has skyrocketed (i.e. aluminum, copper, steel etc.) someone has to swallow that cost. Now it could be the supplier since we have the contract with them. But now the downside of that is, my company can push the issue and keep the cost where the contract dictates. But now that puts the burden of cost on our supplier. If they can't handle the cost, that could put them into bankruptcy. If that happens, not only will the contract we have with the supplier become potentially void, if they do happen to go out of business, we then only have one other supplier to turn to. And the last thing you want is to have a single possible supplier. If they have the monopoly and know it, then they can kill you with the cost of materials.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad B&M is finally coming to KI, what took them so long anyway? I would like to see a couple more, maybe a floorless Dive-machine, A true Invert (something KI has always been lacking IMO), or perhaps if they ever feel like getting rid of The Vortex, a B&M Custom looping coaster.... I've never been on one but from what I've seen they are impressive, with roomier cars, and a more modern style. Don't get me wrong I would be upset of they demolished the 'tex, but I'd get over it quickly with a new B&M custom looper.

I'm glad B&M is finally coming to KI, what took them so long anyway? I would like to see a couple more, maybe a floorless Dive-machine, A true Invert (something KI has always been lacking IMO), or perhaps if they ever feel like getting rid of The Vortex, a B&M Custom looping coaster.... I've never been on one but from what I've seen they are impressive, with roomier cars, and a more modern style. Don't get me wrong I would be upset of they demolished the 'tex, but I'd get over it quickly with a new B&M custom looper.

B&M is moveing to Kings Island? Kings Island is pretty lucky to have a roller coaster company move to their park.

sorry couldn't resist.

I want to state that I have no insider information about a 5 year deal but I did want to add that when a contract like this is signed, it is usually an agreement to buy 3 coasters over a 5 year period. The cost of each coaster is to be determied when a site in the park is choosen and the type of coaster is choosen. Then the cost of that coaster is determined and the price to build it is either accepted, negotiated or the coaster is scaled down. B&M is probably giving the KI some sort of price break for a 5 year deal because it keeps their people working. This type of thing is done in all type of industries. If you sign a multi year deal, price breaks are agreed on before the contract is signed. I hope there is a 5 year deal, lots to look forward to.

You got me on the "new" part, but I don't believe that lil lynn's rumor stated anything about all 3 rides having to be B&M.

You got me on the "new" part, but I don't believe that lil lynn's rumor stated anything about all 3 rides having to be B&M.

Then what kind of contract could involve more than one company? That just doesn't make sense. If you're going to contract for three rides or coasters, they would be from the same company. Otherwise, if other companies are involved, it would be done on a contract by contract basis. I highly doubt you would have more than one company on the same contract.