Rollercoaster(s) rumor

lil lynn

If you are going to say that, there is also Joker's Jinx at Six Flags America and the two Mad Cobras overseas...

http://www.rcdb.com/ir.htm?model=194

After going through and looking at all of those, I am glad that Kings Islands' is of the indoor variety. I just don't know how i feel looking at all that steel, although its almost a work of art the way the supports are placed. Has anyone rode one of these "clones" and if so how different is the ride experience being out in the open like that?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah don't get me wrong. Really I guess I shouldn't even attack that coaster. I think Fof Is an awesome coaster and a very unique one. Other than its clone at KD there's nothing else out there like it. Its amazing how they fit an awesome coaster in a relatively small building, and its definitly the best In-door roller coaster in the world. And everyone knows I love Son of Beast. IN fact I'm one of the few people who don't consider it a bust, and think it delivered everything it promised. I just don't quite get why KI didn't get a B&M invert... in fact other Paramont parks did, we didn't!

Given FoF is a good ride with the otsrs gone, was awful prior to the new restraint system, but nowhere is it the worlds best indoor. Have you been on Rock n Roller coaster, the Mummy wich is truly an awesome indoor coaster or how about Chaos that use to opperate at the former Opryland Amusement Park. Personally all better than FoF.

I will agree SoB did delivery what it promissed, except the structure didn't deliver nor did the company designing or building deliver. Hence the issues today. I still love Sonny.

I assume you mean the B&M Inverts, well Great America got theirs in 93 and Carowinds got theirs in 99. Leaving Kings Dominion, Wonderland and Kings Island without B&M Inverts, nor were they built that close together. So KI was in the majority by not getting a B&M invert and was actually suppossed to get Stealth back in the day, funny now they have Firehawk, but thats another topic another day.

If you are going to say that, there is also Joker's Jinx at Six Flags America and the two Mad Cobras overseas...

http://www.rcdb.com/ir.htm?model=194

After going through and looking at all of those, I am glad that Kings Islands' is of the indoor variety. I just don't know how i feel looking at all that steel, although its almost a work of art the way the supports are placed. Has anyone rode one of these "clones" and if so how different is the ride experience being out in the open like that?

Given the outdoors ones don't even have a midcourse brake run.....

Up until that, the experience is identical yet oddly different! :)

Couldn't Firehawk be considered the first coaster and the 2009 coaster be the second?

a. Park chains sign such deals, not individual parks that are part of a chain. There would be no advantage for them to do so.

b. If a contract had been signed with B & M, Firehawk would certainly have nothing to do with it, being neither B & M nor new....

It doesn't exactly work that way mainly because the park's interest in a specific ride concept can change,as well as the pricing for materials/fabrication etc.Only in rare instances,such as the deal Paramount had,then broke with vekoma for the flying dutchman rides after stealth was such a disaster.

Case in point:SFA had planned a standup for 01 but when KD opted out at the last minute for the flyer SFA took it & the plans for the standup were scrapped alltogether.In the process vekoma lost a lot of money thanks to Paramount's last minute decision to cancel the contract.One more thing,it takes years to design just one ride,let alone three.The 09 project has probably been in development for far longer than CF has had ownership of the Paramount chain.

Usually design of a new attraction depending on scale is somewhere between 24 to 36 months. For example the design stages of Milennium Force didn't start until after the completion of Mantis, roughly from start of the design process to opening of the ride was right around 36 months. The 09 ride is stricktly a Cedar Fair project and has nothing to do with Paramount.

I can imagine we're good for a while after this coaster. Cedar Fair bought the park and put 2 coasters in within a 3 year period. Its hard to complain about KI honestly anyway just because even before Firehawk it was one of the parks out there with a higher coaster count. Theres plenty to keep you busy most of the day. I just wish they'd add more flat rides to even it out. Thats really why this rumor is probably untrue. I'd be willing to bet money that the next ride after our B&M hypercoaster will be a flat ride.

I can imagine we're good for a while after this coaster. Cedar Fair bought the park and put 2 coasters in within a 3 year period. Its hard to complain about KI honestly anyway just because even before Firehawk it was one of the parks out there with a higher coaster count. Theres plenty to keep you busy most of the day. I just wish they'd add more flat rides to even it out. Thats really why this rumor is probably untrue. I'd be willing to bet money that the next ride after our B&M hypercoaster will be a flat ride.

KD's experiencing the same sort of thing when it comes to flats so the rumors of Americana,spider & el dorado coming in 09 sound great to me.I was looking at the pics of the track on site & does anyone notice that it's the same shade of red/maroon as Firehawk?

I kind of hope they expand x-base. There's room back there, and I'm pretty sure it's the only opening to the other 400 acres of the park at the moment (directly from a path anyways). But knowing Cedar Fair, the won't be able to theme it like something that looks like it would be called x-base...

vl2 looks into the future and sees "Z: THE RIDE"

EDIT: Did I really just write that?

Yeah, they need to update Action Theater and I feel need another new dark ride. Not only could/should it attract people to the park but there's only so many places at KI you can go to cool off or stay dry.

After looking at the plans for the new coaster for 2009, I have to say that it appears to be three coasters in one. First off, it is going to be a hyper. Second, the cars are sitting type cars, I believe the last element before the splash down could be somewhat of a dive element. This is all just a hunch after looking at the Mason plans tonight. Could be wrong, have been wrong, but something to think about. Look at these links and see what I mean:

Picture 4 (cars)

http://www.daytondailynews.com/p/content/g...908coaster.html

Picture 5 (layout)

http://www.daytondailynews.com/p/content/g...908coaster.html

Last spiral which appears to go over the top of The Crypt is high and in the final spiral, it may to climb on up in that final turn to make a decent final dive drop element because if you look at that last circle, you will see what looks like a transition from the curve to a straight section which could be a brake trim right before it moves forward over the pedistrian walkway and the maybe dives down (maybe not staight down as in the dive machines that B & M has created but some last great element before the actual splash down in the pond area.

As for the name? It looks like a Raptor eye to me or even a snake eye. Could it be the Revenge of the King Cobra? The Park "Strikes Back" in 2009? Heck, I am just speculating to say the least but that is some things I am thinking of. Whatever it is, it is going to be a great addition to Kings Island and they have needed a high speed steel coaster forever. I prefer them to anything looping. Speed, height, terrian, fast turns...all great elements in a coaster of today. I do wish the length were longer though, but we will all know come next week when the announcement is made. Earlier than many originally thought.