NEW! Breakfast With the Characters at Kings Island, Kings Island Will Be The Place To Be This 4th of July, Mystery Construction & More!

Come start your day with some of your favorite Nickelodeon friends and feast on a wholesome breakfast of scrambled eggs, french toast sticks, bacon, sausage, fresh cut fruit, assorted cereal, milk, orange juice, and coffee! Plus, with each order you will receive one 8x10 glossy color photo to remember this unique experience! Click here to add this meal deal to your admission ticket for an everyday low price! Hurry! Space is limited!

Kings Island will be the place to be this 4th of July and with the extended entertainment lineup, there’s no excuse to be anywhere else this Friday! The entertainment will be everywhere—literally—this 4th of July as Kings Island welcomes back some of the most nostalgic performers in the history of the park.

On the Ground! -- Flashback to the 1970s as Kings Island once again brings the characters of Hanna Barberra back to life to meet with their biggest fans. This will certainly be an exciting event for the young and a nostalgic event for the young at heart. In addition to the live music, the Kings Island Clown Band, stilt walkers and mimes will be roaming throughout the park bringing a renewed life to the midways.

In the Air! -- Entertainment will also be up in the air as Kings Island presents an amazing air show that will captivate the audience with stunts performed by Jacquie B! Onlookers will also be amazed with the Mason Skydiving Team as they ascend to the Earth from thousands of feet in the air.

On a Tightrope! – Kings Island does it again! History will be made and history we be relived as Rick Wallenda, grandson of the legendary Karl Wallenda, will attempt to surpass his grandfather’s record that was set at Kings Island in 1974 by walking on a thin 5/8” high wire a distance of 1,000’ from the Eiffel Tower to the parking lot. Later in the day, he will DOUBLE this distance by walking the same distance, from the Eiffel Tower to the parking lot, then immediately turning around and doing it again! These death-defying stunts will be performed 112’ in the air over International Street with nothing between the tight rope and the ground – no safety net or harness – except for 10,000 gallons of water shooting up at him from him as he attempts to cross over the Royal Fountain on International Street!

With a BANG! – With one of the greatest entertainment lineups in Kings Island history comes what is reported to be the largest fireworks display in the 36 year history of the park!

Since you’ll be at the park anyway, why not take advantage of the best meal deal that the park has to offer? Kings Island now offers the Back Yard BBQ, an all you can eat picnic-style meal complete with Southern Fried Chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato salad, unlimited soft drinks and ice cream treats! The Backyard BBQ will have extended hours on the 4th of July from 1:00pm to 6:00pm. Hurry! Space is limited! Purchase advance tickets to the Backyard BBQ by clicking here.

What: Kings Island’s 4th of July Star Spangled Celebration

Where: Kings Island, Cincinnati, OH

When: July 4th, 2008. A schedule of events can be found here.

Cost: Events are FREE with park admission. Purchase discount tickets on King’s Island’s official web site.

On June 28th, Kings Island welcomed back Joyce Becker’s Soap Opera Festival. Excited guests were lined up to catch a glimpse of their favorite stars from the hit daytime show, The Young and the Restless. Christian LeBlanc, Greg Rikaart, Emily O’Brien, and Daniel Goddard were on hand to answer questions, sign autographs, and give out hugs to some of their most adoring fans. Click here to see photos from Joyce Becker’s Soap Opera Festival!

The mystery construction continues around the Swan Lake area of Rivertown. Many members of the media have attempted to be the first to get the breaking story of what could possibly consume such a large area. The park is keeping its lips sealed. “All that I can say is that this will be the most exciting addition in the history of Kings Island” said Don Helbig, Public Relations Area Manager for Kings Island. Click here to see the most recent photos of the Mystery Construction at Kings Island!

The Cincinnati Reds were on hand at Kings Island on June 16th, and they certainly worked up the crowd with cheerleaders, the Reds Pump Up Crew, visits by Gapper and Mr. Red, and a question and answer session with some of your favorite Cincinnati Reds! Photos from the event can be seen by clicking here.

Cincinnati Reds Day at Kings Island may still be history, but the partnership between the Cincinnati Reds and Kings Island continues with a very special ticket package. The Double Play Package offers the unique ability to visit both Kings Island and the Great American Ballpark all in the same summer while saving quite a bit of cash. The specially discounted Double Play Package can be purchased by visiting Kings Island’s official web site VisitKingsIsland.com!

Kings Island has partnered with the Great Wolf Lodge and the Warren County Convention and Visitors Bureau to give away 30 prizes in 30 days! Between June 16 and July 15th, 2008, a special prize package will be awarded that includes a family four pack of two-day tickets to Kings Island, a three day two night stay at the Great Wolf Lodge and a gas card. To win one of these 30 amazing prizes visit www.ohioslargestplayground.com/win.

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

The summer is still young and it's not too late to get a Kings Island season pass! Purchasing a season pass gets you a whole summer of rides, shows, attractions and FREE admission to Boomerang Bay Waterpark Resort. Do you want the real deal? Kings Island now offers the new Cedar Fair Platinum Pass which includes FREE admission and FREE parking to all Cedar Fair properties such as Kings Island, Cedar Point, Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom, Knott's Berry Farm and more! Click here for more information and to order your 2008 season pass!

Is a season pass not right for you? Avoid the long lines and pay only a fraction of the regular gate admission by purchasing your single day admission tickets on the park's official web site, VisitKingsIsland.com. Remember these deals are ONLY available through the web site, so purchase online and print at home for the best value and fastest way to experience Kings Island!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

The 4th just keeps getting better & better! I just made reservations for breakfast on the 4th...it should be a cool way to start out the day...a nice view of the tightrope over the fountain should be an added bonus. This truly is shaping up to a day at Kings Island that will be hard to top in the future. Thanks again KI!

As a side note...

The mystery construction continues around the Swan Lake area of Rivertown. “All that I can say is that this will be the most exciting addition in the history of Kings Island” said Don Helbig, Public Relations Area Manager for Kings Island.

To say that this will be the MOST exciting addition in the history of Kings Island is a statement that I don't possibly think can come true...The Beast will always be a tough one to top. I wish the park would not oversell things.

The character breakfast would be worth the $13 to get into the International Restaurant for a meal again! I clicked the link to see what dates it was being offered, and was shocked to see it say "Valid for one admission to the breakfast with the characters at the International Restaurant"

The mystery construction continues around the Swan Lake area of Rivertown. “All that I can say is that this will be the most exciting addition in the history of Kings Island” said Don Helbig, Public Relations Area Manager for Kings Island.

To say that this will be the MOST exciting addition in the history of Kings Island is a statement that I don't possibly think can come true...The Beast will always be a tough one to top. I wish the park would not oversell things.

I would have to agree. I can not imagine there being an addition that would be more exciting than The Beast. I also believe it would be hard to match an attraction with the staying power of The Beast.

Yes, the new coaster may be a great addition, but let's honestly keep it in perspective.

The 4th just keeps getting better & better! I just made reservations for breakfast on the 4th...it should be a cool way to start out the day...a nice view of the tightrope over the fountain should be an added bonus. This truly is shaping up to a day at Kings Island that will be hard to top in the future. Thanks again KI!

As a side note...

When Kennywood removed the Steel Phantom, no one thought it could ever be replace, but it didn't hold a candle to Phantom's Revenge. On a similar note, Kings Island said there would be only a few rides open for Bare Bones Nights but there were more open than they had advertised. When the park turned around the Red Racer and said that it was nostalgic and that there would be more nostalgia to come, everyone threw down the BS card, but now we've seen Robbie Knievel, the Clown Band, the return of HB characters, Wallenda, etc. If you look at the last two-or so-years of the history of the park, they've had yet to oversell.. if anything, they've underpromised and overdelivered. Rest assured, the park has big plans for 2009.

When they turned The Racer around, folk said that it had nothing to do with nostalgia.

- I don't think the park has done anything to disprove or to prove this assumption.

Yes, Robbie Knievel - the Clown Band - HB Characters & Wallenda's are nice additions, but how is that Underpromising and Overdelivering? I think that they performed just as stated. Isn't this simply paying or arranging for individuals to perform at the park?

When they turned The Racer around, folk said that it had nothing to do with nostalgia.

- I don't think the park has done anything to disprove or to prove this assumption.

Yes, Robbie Knievel - the Clown Band - HB Characters & Wallenda's are nice additions, but how is that Underpromising and Overdelivering? I think that they performed just as stated. Isn't this simply paying or arranging for individuals to perform at the park?

Mainly with the HB characters. We were told they'd be appearing in front of the Kings Island Theatre. They never said they'd have a total flashback to the 70s. That was one of the nicest surprises I've seen out of the park yet.

Couldn't you argue also that they're paying a coaster manufacturer to build a coaster, or that they're paying performers to put on shows (although that wouldn't be a good argument since most are in house now), or that the park is cleaner simply because they paid their ecology people to clean it up? I just don't see what you expect out of them.

Ahem....aren't you supposed to say that they are paying an attraction manufacturer to manufacture an attraction? I don't remember the park confirming a coaster is under construction, Mr. Boddah1994!!!

My comment above is hypothetical and has nothing to do with anything currently being built at Kings Island.

Well, I actually think it is cleaner. On my last visit this past Friday, when I went into the Men`s restroom on International Street slightly before 8pm, there was an ecology associate cleaning the urinals! And I had seen a few other associates cleaning the restrooms earlier in the day in the very same restroom.

I don't have an excuse to go to this. Wouldn't it seem odd if a 17 guy without children or younger siblings showed up to a Nickelodeon-based event.

I don't think anyone would even notice...it's not like you HAVE to interact with the characters unless you want to. You only live once...I say go for it if you really want to.

Three questions

1. With 70% chance of thunder showers; if weather prevents some or all activities will they be scheduled for Saturday instead?

2. Will the characters at the breakfast rome from table to table to give all children equal and quality time for a special meet & greet, or will they stand over to the side with a line forming to see them?

3. Will they take down the support/steady lines for the tight rope walk before the fireworks at 10 PM, because I think it will be hard to see the special largest firework display in KI history if they are still there?

Last question is actually just a funny observation after seeing Ronny’s photos, not a serious question as the first two are.

^

1. If the performers will still do it, the show will still go on, or be pushed back till it stops raining. If the entire day fails, than they will do it July 5th.

2. If works like this, you go up and get your food and eat. The characters come out and dance around alittle bit. Than they go off and form lines to see them inside the Festhouse.

3. Nope, requires a crane, forklift, and more to take down the rope safely.

3. Will they take down the support/steady lines for the tight rope walk before the fireworks at 10 PM, because I think it will be hard to see the special largest firework display in KI history if they are still there?

Hm, good question, even if it was in jest. That seems a bit inconvenient to me.

I will believe Cedar Fair restrooms as a whole are cleaner when I at least once find the Men's one by Magnum at Cedar Point in any condition other than filthy and repugnant.

I've always found that particular men's room to simply be inadequate, let alone filthy. The one next to Gemini isn't much better. But I've found the KI bathrooms this season to be fairly clean.

As to whether the '09 coaster will be the most exciting in park history... it surely will be the most exciting in many years, at least. Some out there think Son of Beast was very darn noteworthy. Flight of Fear? Also worth noticing. Vortex? Quite possibly. But I've got my hopes that it's the best since Beast.

That one next to magnum has to be the worst restroom I have ever been in. The entire floor was flooded on the right hand side where all the stalls and urinals are. In the stalls, the water was like 3 inches deep!

This year at KI each bathroom as been no less than perfect.

I really hope the rain doesn't spoil things too much tomorrow. I'm planning to be down there sometime this evening, to get a couple of rides in before the park closes, then all day tomorrow. I live up in Canton, OH, and this will be my first trip down to KI this year.