The beast at night

I_heart_pki

I was typing a reply on another topic and it made me wonder about The Beast at night.....

what time do you usually get in line to ride The Beast at night? I love riding The Beast after the fireworks and was wondering if there is a way to ensure that you get to ride after the fireworks. BEfore I was in line to ride at about 9:40 and the ride op said that after the fireworks they were going to run two more trains and we could wait in line but weren't guarunteed a ride. The next night we waited in line after the fireworks and they did more than two rides. Does it just depend on the ride op or the amount of people? I thought that after a certain time they could stop taking people and the people already in line could be guaranteed a ride. What do you all think?

I've said it before but will again. There is nothing like The Beast at dusk. Right when the sun has mostly gone down and the fog has started to fall over the track. It's one of the things that makes The Beast the Most Incredible Addition Kings Island has ever made to the park.

I was typing a reply on another topic and it made me wonder about The Beast at night.....

what time do you usually get in line to ride The Beast at night? I love riding The Beast after the fireworks and was wondering if there is a way to ensure that you get to ride after the fireworks. BEfore I was in line to ride at about 9:40 and the ride op said that after the fireworks they were going to run two more trains and we could wait in line but weren't guarunteed a ride. The next night we waited in line after the fireworks and they did more than two rides. Does it just depend on the ride op or the amount of people? I thought that after a certain time they could stop taking people and the people already in line could be guaranteed a ride. What do you all think?

The way the ops make it sound, it depends on the amount of people in line when given the OK to begin operation. In talking with an op, I was able to glean the fact that they wish to disptach full trains and not just trains with full fronts and backs, and empty middle.

I would say that as long as you're in line before the fireworks, you should be fine, but if you prefer one seat over the others, you may wish to time it so that you can guarantee you're close enough after the fireworks.

Hope this helps.

In my experiences riding The Beast this season it seems that once they start operating again after the fireworks that everyone who was in line does in fact get a chance to ride, however, they don't guarantee that you will get the front or back seat. However, they have always had the same policy at the other rides and The Beast before this new fireworks policy. Sure would be nice though to have a sign out front though.

Department policy in the past has been as long as you were in line when the first firework went off you were guaranteed a ride. However, when it comes to loading the final train, if there are 6 people waiting in line for the front or back seat and there are open seats in the middle, they will make those 4 extra people take on of the seats in the middle. Usually they will say something along the lines of: "This will be the final train of the evening, please find an open seat at this time."

Last two years, I have gone during the Fearfest/Halloween Haunt. We got in line about 9:45 and I have to say that a night ride is the best. Although, it was kind of cold once you really get out there in the woods. We were in the front seat and I came back with tears in my eyes from the cold air. My wife had one of those glow necklaces on and it looked way cool in the tunnels.

I, sadly, haven't made it to KI in a few years. But I remember a few instances where I actually was able to ride while the fireworks were going off, which was incredible. Going through the woods with the fireworks giving the only illumination was unforgettable. Sorry to hear they close the ride during the fireworks, although I guess I can see why.

I can remember years (1986 or 1988) ago when the park would shut Beast's line down at 9:00pm (or close to 9:00pm it might have been 8:30pm) so that there would be no line after the fireworks.

Now THAT was a big disappointment.

It was truely a great day when that policy was no longer in effect.

Last two years, I have gone during the Fearfest/Halloween Haunt. We got in line about 9:45 and I have to say that a night ride is the best. Although, it was kind of cold once you really get out there in the woods. We were in the front seat and I came back with tears in my eyes from the cold air. My wife had one of those glow necklaces on and it looked way cool in the tunnels.

Yeah the last time me and my friend rode it we were freezing! Well worth it though.

I get in line at 9:30ish. There is usually a line, but once ppl who don't know they shut down 4 fireworks take off, it's usually only 3 trains til ride time like it was with us on the 28th.

deb

I get in line at 9:30ish. There is usually a line, but once ppl who don't know they shut down 4 fireworks take off, it's usually only 3 trains til ride time like it was with us on the 28th.

deb

That's a good system. We usually somehow always end up on the opposite side of the park getting off (or on) our second to last ride at 9:30 and have to make a mad dash to get to The Beast on time. Did you know that it is possible to get to The Beast in 10min from the exit ramp of Son of Beast. We did it! The best route seems to be cutting up from Action Zone and around the front of the Eiffel Tower through Nick Universe and to The Beast. I miss the Cornstalkers pathway!

I think that the cold makes the ride that much better. I can't wait to go back. I think that they need to have an all-nighter for The Beast. I think that it would be great to ride it right when the sun comes up too. I guess that I just love The Beast haha.

I think that the cold makes the ride that much better. I can't wait to go back. I think that they need to have an all-nighter for The Beast. I think that it would be great to ride it right when the sun comes up too. I guess that I just love The Beast haha.

I love your idea!!! All night, too. Not a single minute where they stop for an intermission or something!!!!! Sounds like a BLAST!

The Beast is at its best on a cold Haloween Haunt night, with a chill in the air and nice thick fog filling the vallyes. Doesnt get in better on that ride.

I agree, but not too cold, or then you freeze. It was nice last year after the rain. The track was still wet, slight crisp to the air, and The Beast flew through the track! Ahhh, pure bliss!

The rain has that effect on his son as well. You really don't even notice the roughness of the Rose Bowl so much after the rain. But...I'm biased anyway, as I've learned to appreciate the rough spots because they are untrimmed...and fast! :rolleyes: