Question about one of the slides in Boomerang Bay....

Cortney

First....Tazmanian Typhoon...

My brother told me about this but I find it hard to believe....that some one flew out of the inner tube where you drop into the funnel type thing. (my friends say it reminds them of the slide at Six Flags) I asked some one when in line who has a season pass if they heard anything about it and they said no. But my thought was, if that had happen, it would've been closed down. It didn't happen the day I went, but my brother says the day he, my niece and cousins went some one flew out of it, but wasn't killed, but was injured (obviously).

I was just curious....

O more things had happen on that slide!!! I heard that Peter Piper got his ear cut off! Also did you hear about that lady on the lake got her head smashed inside the tubes!! Did you hear that little boy blue turned green on that slide?!?!?!

Serously, you guys have nothing to worry about! even if you fell out of your intertube your not gona get hurt. Do you really think they would run something that wasn't safe? Use some common sense here people.

O more things had happen on that slide!!! I heard that Peter Piper got his ear cut off! Also did you hear about that lady on the lake got her head smashed inside the tubes!! Did you hear that little boy blue turned green on that slide?!?!?!

Serously, you guys have nothing to worry about! even if you fell out of your intertube your not gona get hurt. Do you really think they would run something that wasn't safe? Use some common sense here people.

Amen! I tell my brother that constantly to get them on rides that they're afraid of going onto.

"But I could fall out and get hurt..." They always say. Well, you COULD have gotten into a car crash on the way here, but you didn't. You COULD have been kidnapped in line waiting to get in here, but you didn't. If you spend your life worrying about what COULD happen then you're not going to be able to have fun with anything.

Or you could spend your life so obsessed with trim brakes you no longer enjoy the park....

Oh, wait...that's another thread....

Lol, I don't know what trim brakes are, nor do I car how many of them there are on [insert coaster here]. I just know that I've had fun on every ride i've ever ridden (Rode?) at Kings Island. The only exception to that is Delirium. Those stupid poles on the little overhang that has the ride's name on it scare the living hell out of me. I tuck my legs up every time we go past them.

Somewhere you just made a designer very, very happy! :) Legchoppers that worked (from a psychological perspective only, of course....)

Ugh...If they'd just "Chop" those things off then I'd have an amazing time on the ride.

• 4 weeks later...

My brother told me about this but I find it hard to believe....that some one flew out of the inner tube where you drop into the funnel type thing. (my friends say it reminds them of the slide at Six Flags) I asked some one when in line who has a season pass if they heard anything about it and they said no. But my thought was, if that had happen, it would've been closed down. It didn't happen the day I went, but my brother says the day he, my niece and cousins went some one flew out of it, but wasn't killed, but was injured (obviously).

I was just curious....

I can assure you that no one has ever flown out of the funnel on Tazmanian Typhoon. Maybe your brother is the Dippin' Dots guy in disguise starting rumors all over the park.

Although someone may have broken their tailbone on it. Oh wait different park different year, another frivouls law suit.

Seriously I remember some of the older water parks Ive been too where they had body slides that ran down a hill and the troughs were made from concrete. Kind of like hidden rapids at The Beach, except you were going down head first on nothing more than a body mat. You want to talk about safety? Those hurt if you got tossed off your mat.

Guest TombraiderTy

A lot of sarcasm when the topic starter had a simple question, huh?

Besides, wasn't there an accident on a funnel-waterslide at a Six Flags park a few years ago where a few riders got injured?

I was just curious....

I've got some nice air time we I rode it with my friends. Three of them played lineman in football in high school so we got some nice speed going on there. But none of us fell out.

But I guess as long as you don't hold on and obey the rules of the ride, anything is possible. But it happening at Kings Island... well you read the other people's posts.

A lot of sarcasm when the topic starter had a simple question, huh?

Besides, wasn't there an accident on a funnel-waterslide at a Six Flags park a few years ago where a few riders got injured?

Yes SFKK and happend last year, the woman is now suing SFKK saying she broke her tailbone. I believe there is another thread on that around here somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rcfreak339

It's not impossible for anyone to fall off a water slide...Kid weighs lees then 90lbs, abroubt jolt, loose grip and zip. But in more cases or not if your following the rules nothing bad will happen.

I've never liked waterslides, number one cuz I don't look good on them, but also because I can't see what's keeping me safe. On a coaster I can see the wheels and all the safety equipment and know I'm safe, but on a waterslide it's all up to the invisible laws of physics. I've always been tempted to "eject" from the tube on the funnel...But I also enjoy my ability to stay in the park and not be kicked out for stupidity...

Actually I got injured at Boomerang Bay this summer on a waterslide and I was following all of the rules perfectly!!! I was riding Coolangatta Racer and I was on one of the outside tracks and as soon as I went around that curve on the slide my head SLAMMED into the side of the slide and I blacked out for the rest of the ride down. I opened my eyes as soon as I was down at the end of the slide but I was so disoriented that I could hardly make it out of the end of the slide. My mom was looking at me funny because she could tell something was wrong....and I tried to hang my mat up and I couldn't even see straight! I spent the rest of the day with a splitting headache and I couldn't even ride any rollercoasters after that because my head was so tender. The bad thing is when my cousin was visiting from Oregon the same thing happened to him. My little brother hit his head and actually fell off of the mat down the rest of the slide....but both of them probably weighed 80 lbs soaking wet when it happened to them. Let's just say I will never ride that slide again!!

~Ash

People do stupid stuff on Taz, Racer, Snowy River, etc... and with that always comes the risk of getting hurt. As long as you follow the rules there's not much serious risk of getting hurt (and hey that's what we're there for.)

If you break the rules on the slides, like jumping off your tube on Snowy River or Taz or purposely leaving your mat on Racer, we usually don't mess around and you will get a good yelling at from one of the managers and possibly removed from the park if what you did was dumb enough. It's a risk to yourself and a lot of other people's safety when people go down these slides wrong. It takes attention and resources away from people who could be honestly accidently drowning.

As to the guy who hit his head on Racer, that happens sometimes but as long as you listen to the lifeguard/rules posted on the slide nothing too serious will happen. Some people do slip (it's a waterslide, after all) and hit there head or whatever, some do fall off the matt, but almost every one of them just laughs at it or themselves for not holding on.

No, I don't think anyone's gotten seriously hurt on Taz, I know it's unpleasant to ride down without a tube (as some lifeguards with poor balance will attest.)

^^Does that little audio recording spiel still exist on that one family raft ride where at the end it says, "...Have fun!!"

Because needless to say my ex and I heard that a billion times waiting in line to ride that thing, and even to this day if we're saying goodbye to each other or something either she or I will add in that "Have fun!!" (in an Aussie accent of course!) But yeah, that audio spiel was annoying!! <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Hey during media day in 2004 for Boomerang Bay I slipped and fell getting off one of the slides on Jackeroo Landing got a nasty nasty scar to this day from it. I didn't sue I didn't whine. I got up limped around for a bit got a advil and went about my day. Back in 2003 The park had a few preview days before memoral day when the waterpark was open for schools and then at the end of the day for normal folks. Funny thing was none of the students were allowed to go in the waterpark. I went after school while my friend worked and basically had Water Works ERT. Had a great day until.... I get tossed off one of the old waterworks slides I think they call it Sydney Sidewinder now. I fell off in one of the corners and basically rolled down the rest of the slide into the splash down. Scraped my leg up pretty good and had a bloody nose. I did get yelled and laughed at by the lifeguard Oh and I beat my tube down by 5 seconds.

Moral of these stories are it can happen. Both times I got laughed at by the life guards...i also don't do water parks anymore.