Adams Family Coaster

familyman

• 12 years later...

Holy Thread Bump. 

It's funny. Rumors of Winterfest's return, rumblings about Antique Cars... Some things never change!

Obviously The Adams Family theme is out of the question, but with additions like Banshee and Mystic Timbers Cedar Fair doesn't seem to mind the themeing/coaster combination. I'd love to see something like this finally make it to the park, especially with Boo Blasters in its current state. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

I remember hearing a rumor a long time ago that the Adams Family Coaster was green lit at some level.  At some point in the development Paramount decided not to continue with the project.  It was sold to Dollywood and became what is Mystery Mine.

Much like how X-Flight and Batwing (Vekoma Flyers) were originally going to be built at Kings Island and Kings Dominion and were sold to Six Flags during their development.

On 9/19/2017 at 1:05 PM, goettablitz said:

I remember hearing a rumor a long time ago that the Adams Family Coaster was green lit at some level.  At some point in the development Paramount decided not to continue with the project.  It was sold to Dollywood and became what is Mystery Mine.

Much like how X-Flight and Batwing (Vekoma Flyers) were originally going to be built at Kings Island and Kings Dominion and were sold to Six Flags during their development.

I couldn't begin to find a link to this, but ACE had an event at DW and someone asked about Mystery Mine being the original concept for the Addams Family, but they denied it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I couldn't begin to find a link to this, but ACE had an event at DW and someone asked about Mystery Mine being the original concept for the Addams Family, but they denied it.

seriously?  You said you were fixing your calendar or fixing text on a brochure.  

I see how it is...

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I think the idea sounded pretty cool. I love The Addams Family and enjoy the "spooky kooky"/castle thunder style the Shock Theater package inspired for a time. Man, I really wished this happened. 

One thing that caught my eye was a mention of the ride possibly going where Sleepy Hollow was located. I'm assuming this was a Fearfest attraction at one point. Was it themed after the Tim Burton movie released by Paramount in 1999? I never attended Fearfest at all, did they use light theming from their scarier IPs?

• Like 1

On 1/8/2018 at 11:24 AM, Joshua said:

I think the idea sounded pretty cool. I love The Addams Family and enjoy the "spooky kooky"/castle thunder style the Shock Theater package inspired for a time. Man, I really wished this happened. 

One thing that caught my eye was a mention of the ride possibly going where Sleepy Hollow was located. I'm assuming this was a Fearfest attraction at one point. Was it themed after the Tim Burton movie released by Paramount in 1999? I never attended Fearfest at all, did they use light theming from their scarier IPs?

Sort of. As far as Sleepy Hollow went, it essentially took up all of Rivertown and contained two "mazes" and one scare zone. I wouldn't say it had any direct link to the Tim Burton film aside from the obvious theme. I actually really enjoyed the whole area quite a bit. 

I do think they had some sort of Friday the 13th themed show in the then Paramount Theatre at one point. 

• Like 1

For one season of FearFest, before It became a Rivertown overlay, there was a haunt spring up building that was right next to the International Showplace in the field where the musical Christmas tree display was located for Winterfest this year and it was called Sleepy Hollow. It might have fit in well in that location. However i believe that the Addams Family coaster was in competition with BLSC and lost, so it may have gone in that location had it won.

45 minutes ago, beastfan11 said:

Sort of. As far as Sleepy Hollow went, it essentially took up all of Rivertown and contained two "mazes" and one scare zone. I wouldn't say it had any direct link to the Tim Burton film aside from the obvious theme. I actually really enjoyed the whole area quite a bit. 

I do think they had some sort of Friday the 13th themed show in the then Paramount Theatre at one point. 

Ah, very interesting! Thanks for the info :) 

I always wondered if Jason ever entered the park during the Paramount years or if he could at all due to the New Line Pictures/Warner Bros. obtaining the rights to continue the franchise in the 90s. I know Paramount had the rights to the original films and the Friday the 13th name, but I wasn't sure if they still retained the rights to Jason. (This was before both studios came together for the remake and before Warner Bros. had taken over home video distribution for Paramount until last year.)

They actual showed the movie Friday the 13th in the paramount theater during FearFest.

On a side note, I believe at one point that there was a consideration of retheming Rivertown to be Camp Crystal Lake. I can’t inagine what kind of rides they would theme into that area.

27 minutes ago, upstop said:

They actual showed the movie Friday the 13th in the paramount theater during FearFest.

On a side note, I believe at one point that there was a consideration of retheming Rivertown to be Camp Crystal Lake. I can’t inagine what kind of rides they would theme into that area.

Whoah, that would've been great. I'm assuming it was the original 1980 film. 

Are you talking about just for Fearfest? I could see The Beast and White Water Canyon fitting that, with just some signage, the film score, and perhaps counselor apparel on the employees. 

it was actually th1980s movie that was shown in the theater during FearFest... lol. 

Rivertown was supposed to actually be rethemed for all seasons, at least that’s what I remember hearing. It seems strange, but then again that was Paramount... -_-. I could see The Beast is quite similar to the final chase scenes in the movie... lol

• 8 months later...
On 1/10/2018 at 2:13 PM, upstop said:

I had never heard of that one, when was there talks about that?

I remember before TombRaider there was a rumor floating around about Rivertown becoming Crystal Lake. (Grain of salt for rumors) but I think it would have been deemed inappropriate because of the subject of the movies. It would have been an interesting concept to say the least.