Adams Family Coaster

familyman

Halloween is indeed a holiday. What have you people been smokin'? What makes you believe that Halloween is not a holiday? And, just because you don't get holiday pay does not mean it's not a holiday. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. BTW, it was originally called All Hallow's Eve.

Halloween is indeed a holiday. What have you people been smokin'? What makes you believe that Halloween is not a holiday? And, just because you don't get holiday pay does not mean it's not a holiday. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything. BTW, it was originally called All Hallow's Eve.

I beg to differ Halloween isnt a holiday its a day for kids and to be scared but is not a holiday sorry guys...The Nightmare Before Christmas is just a movie a great movie I might add but I'm sorry I just dont think Halloween is a holiday.But yes I hear FearFest will be short like boddaH said.

That's fine if you feel that Halloween is not a holiday. But, last time I checked my caledar, it is a nationally recognized holiday. I guess you don't think presidnt's day or Martin Luther King Day is a holiday either? I am just wondering why you think Halloween is not a holiday.

Yes, Halloween is a holiday. Being a father of a 3 and 2 year old, the only holiday that is more meaningful than Christmas is Halloween. (You just can't beat Santa) My wife and I split time taking our kids trick-or-treating this year. It is sheer joy watching your kids going to neighbors' homes and walk back to the sidewalk with the largest grin because they asked for a $.03 piece of candy, and someone gave it to them.

Just because it is not a paid holiday, does not mean that it is not a holiday. If you want to argue about the holiday issue, let's talk about Sweetest Day. Now that is completly a made up holiday by Hallmark and FTD.

I partake in presidnt's day and Martin Luther King Day( Martin Luther King was a great man and if there is one thing I hate its biggots!) I dont care much for Halloween why because One very evil tradition is the celebration of Halloween.

To me Halloween is very Evil so please dont be mad if I dont share your love for a so-called holiday called Halloween.

Yes, Halloween is a holiday. Being a father of a 3 and 2 year old, the only holiday that is more meaningful than Christmas is Halloween. (You just can't beat Santa) My wife and I split time taking our kids trick-or-treating this year. It is sheer joy watching your kids going to neighbors' homes and walk back to the sidewalk with the largest grin because they asked for a $.03 piece of candy, and someone gave it to them.

Just because it is not a paid holiday, does not mean that it is not a holiday. If you want to argue about the holiday issue, let's talk about Sweetest Day. Now that is completly a made up holiday by Hallmark and FTD.

Yeah Sweetest day is a rip off!!!

I respect that Scooby. I agree that originally, Halloween was an evil type of holiday, but you have to admit that it is a shadow of its' former self. Halloween is not even really celebrated for the same reasons as it used to be. Kind of like Christmas; it's mostly a commercial racquet except for those who are religious.

Thank you, I used to trick or Treat when I was younger but I grew up and read about Halloween's orgins and its really evil or was which ever you perfer.Hey to be honest I WOULD prob still trick or treat but thats kinda hard to do on campus biggrin.gif

go OFF campus... duh! candy is candy! ha ha ha!

i am taking my neice next year, and nephew if he wants to...

Actually, it has been the corporation executives that have made Halloween evil. The traditional Halloween marked the day before All Saints Day, where the saints would disguise themselves as dead saints. Now this would be the Catholic twist to it, or at least what I could remember from school. Here is a link for another aspect of Halloween:Celtic version

It has just taken a different turn for the sake of $$. Just like St. Valentines Day (give a overpriced gift of love to that someone special), St. Patrick's Day (let's get drunk on green beer), Easter (color eggs, get fat on chocolate), Sweetest Day (reasons already given), and unfortunately Christmas (buy gifts for everyone you know). Each holiday had one meaning at one time, and each holiday now means something completly different. It may not be right, but in some cases, it has made it fun, and expensive, for most.

Halloween is evil if you want it to be. I kind of have the same feelings dealing with Christmas. Dec. 25th is supposed to be a celebration of the birth of Christ if you are a Roman Catholic, but for those who have chosen a different religion, it means Santa Claus, Jingle Bells etc. etc., which is not wrong, it is just how one wants to celebrate holidays different.

...maybe those years of Catholic School paid off! laugh.gifwink.gifofftopic.gif

Actually, it has been the corporation executives that have made Halloween evil. The traditional Halloween marked the day before All Saints Day, where the saints would disguise themselves as dead saints. Now this would be the Catholic twist to it, or at least what I could remember from school. Here is a link for another aspect of Halloween:Celtic version

It has just taken a different turn for the sake of $$. Just like St. Valentines Day (give a overpriced gift of love to that someone special), St. Patrick's Day (let's get drunk on green beer), Easter (color eggs, get fat on chocolate), Sweetest Day (reasons already given), and unfortunately Christmas (buy gifts for everyone you know). Each holiday had one meaning at one time, and each holiday now means something completly different. It may not be right, but in some cases, it has made it fun, and expensive, for most.

Halloween is evil if you want it to be. I kind of have the same feelings dealing with Christmas. Dec. 25th is supposed to be a celebration of the birth of Christ if you are a Roman Catholic, but for those who have chosen a different religion, it means Santa Claus, Jingle Bells etc. etc., which is not wrong, it is just how one wants to celebrate holidays different.

...maybe those years of Catholic School paid off! laugh.gifwink.gifofftopic.gif

i learned most of that in SPANISH! ohmy.gif

Thank you, I used to trick or Treat when I was younger but I grew up and read about Halloween's orgins and its really evil or was which ever you perfer.Hey to be honest I WOULD prob still trick or treat but thats kinda hard to do on campus  biggrin.gif

Well candy is good but it also makes you fat eh?

Thank you, I used to trick or Treat when I was younger but I grew up and read about Halloween's orgins and its really evil or was which ever you perfer.Hey to be honest I WOULD prob still trick or treat but thats kinda hard to do on campus  biggrin.gif

Well candy is good but it also makes you fat eh?

go to the gym? i do... and work with kids, they will keep you on your toes